~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant
AuteurMessage
shurdley

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 02/04/2009

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sam 19 Sep - 4:50

Here's a brief update on Connie Talbot. She has recently been chosen to be the Ambassador for the Marines Toys for Tots Champaign. Her new revamped (two or three new songs and others revocaled to showcase her ever maturing voice) will be released in the states on Oct. 13. She will be donating a portion of the proceeds from the sell of the cd to Toys for Tots. This coming week she will be in Pittston, Pa. What's in Pittston, Pa you may ask. Well PBS has a state of the art studio there and Connie is filming an hour long Christmas special to be aired in November, I believe. The doors have been opened to the public for audience participation on Sunday Sept 27. NO recording devices or cameras allowed (of course) Business/holiday attire required. Any one interested in attending must contact Kathryn Davies at WVIA for seating confirmation. It is at least a 3 hour event. On Monday, Sept 28 she will be appearing with Larry London at http://connietalbot.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=korea&action=display&thread=882&page=15 on his Border Crossings Program.

That's all the information I have at the moment on Connie...oh yeah I almost forgot. Last I heard she will be releasing a new cd sometime the first of 2010.

Shirley
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sam 19 Sep - 9:11

Thanks for the news, Shurley !
And a new CD, that's great. Very Happy

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Ven 2 Oct - 21:18

I don't think I can ever look at Connie Talbot the same again. Her once beautiful but somewhat childlike voice is growing into the stunningly beautiful, maturing voice of a young girl with adulthood easing in on the edges. I was able to attend the PBS taping of her Christmas Special which will be aired (hopefully) over about 360 different PBS stations this Christmas season as a fund raiser. Connie performed 13 of the songs on her soon to be released Christmas cd with two additional songs. WVIA had created a beautiful Christmas set for Connie which they changed several times during the taping. It was amazing how this child's voice had grown in maturity and power just since I had seen her in May. I had gotten a taste of how it was changing at several different venues over the summer, Japan, Seattle, Los Angeles, and then the Miss Hong Kong Beauty pagnent with Connie singing "You Raise Me Up' in the back ground, but I never realized just how much this still petite 8 year old's voice had changed until she performed for her Christmas Special.

BTW, the mess up at the begining of "You Raise Me Up" in HOng Kong was not Connie's fault, but the fault of one of the sound guys, who had forgot to cue Connie's earpiece....and who suffered dearly after the show for it. Also while the girls were talking the cameras where supposed to be cutting back to Connie while she was singing, but though you can not see her, you can definitely hear her in the back ground.

I hope all of you will get a chance to view this program this Christmas season.

As no recording devices were allowed in the studio, we were granted a photo/autograph session after the taping.

Shirley
Rakugaki
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sam 3 Oct - 12:30

I'm not sure to understand. Connie is still a young girl with a cute voice, no ? And it's a good thing that she is better and better, I think. Maybe her voice will change at probably 13 yo or something like that but now, she's still cute.
Thanks for the picture, Connie has always her fantastic smile (why 2004 ??). Very Happy

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sam 3 Oct - 19:04

Rakugaki a écrit:
I'm not sure to understand. Connie is still a young girl with a cute voice, no ? And it's a good thing that she is better and better, I think. Maybe her voice will change at probably 13 yo or something like that but now, she's still cute.
Thanks for the picture, Connie has always her fantastic smile (why 2004 ??). Very Happy

Why 2004? Because that particular camera will not hold the correct date for some unknown reason.
Rakugaki
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Dim 4 Oct - 10:52

Ahhh ok, I thaught about something like that. Razz

Number of posts : 3048

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Jeu 8 Oct - 4:17

Hey Shurdley, good to get some news from you. I will very much want to watch the PBS special with Connie. I live in Tijuana and I get the same PBS channel that San Diego gets, so I guess there is a good chance I will have the opportunity. When it gets closer to the time, I think I will be able to look up the PBS schedule and know exactly if and when it will air. Keep us posted with all the Connie news. She is still great! Very Happy
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
jfrog

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 04/11/2009

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Jeu 5 Nov - 2:40

Well I'm glad their is a Connie thread here. This is the last televised performance she did and the only live performance I've seen her do of "Ave Maria"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRaNWWl9YA

I like that she is starting to move her body around a bit and not just stand there, she is getting more comfortable as a performer.

I hope to see her PBS special and I bought her new Holiday Magic Cd (much better than her last christmas album) her voice is maturing nicely.
shurdley

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Jeu 5 Nov - 4:11

girlsingerfan a écrit:
Hey Shurdley, good to get some news from you. I will very much want to watch the PBS special with Connie. I live in Tijuana and I get the same PBS channel that San Diego gets, so I guess there is a good chance I will have the opportunity. When it gets closer to the time, I think I will be able to look up the PBS schedule and know exactly if and when it will air. Keep us posted with all the Connie news. She is still great! Very Happy

girlsingerfan....It would be a great help if you would contact your local pbs and request Connie's Holiday Special. It is supposed to be a gift incentive for donations. At present a donation to a participating station is the only way to own one of these dvds.
shurdley

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Jeu 5 Nov - 4:15

jfrog a écrit:
Well I'm glad their is a Connie thread here. This is the last televised performance she did and the only live performance I've seen her do of "Ave Maria"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRaNWWl9YA

I like that she is starting to move her body around a bit and not just stand there, she is getting more comfortable as a performer.

I hope to see her PBS special and I bought her new Holiday Magic Cd (much better than her last christmas album) her voice is maturing nicely.

Hi jfrog, I am glad to hear that you have one of Connie's Holiday Magic cds. And yes, she is starting to get more comfortable with herself and her performances. She still hooks her finger over her thumb on her left hand while she sings, but she is starting to sway with the music and also she leans back when she is getting ready to really belt it out. She's learning and doing well with it.

Shirley
jfrog

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Ven 6 Nov - 0:32

Yes, what I personally love about Connie is the raw untrained beauty of her talent. A very intelligent child who is learning the music industry on her own and developing accordingly. I really feel this girl is going to be a huge star within her lifetime.

I have three favorite child stars (Connie, Assol of the Ukraine and Maria Isabel of Spain) and right now Connie has been my favorite for about six months now which was when I first discovered her on youtube.
jfrog

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Ven 20 Nov - 3:56

November 20th. Connie's birthday. Happy Birthday Connie. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Ven 20 Nov - 4:03

Yes!!! Happy Birthday to Connie!!! Very Happy

As the one who started the thread for all of them, I would say that those are three good ones to have as favorites, JFrog. Very Happy
Rakugaki
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Ven 20 Nov - 16:40

Yes, happy birthday Connie ! Very Happy

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 14/03/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Ven 20 Nov - 20:58

Happy Birthday, Connie! 9 years of sunshine! sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
shurdley

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Dim 22 Nov - 8:37

Hi everyone,

Yes Connie had a great birthday. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend part of it with her. She has been touring mostly east of the Mississippi for the past few weeks. She has had television appearances as well as appearances here and there. She was in Chicago, Cincinnati, (my home town) Tampa, St Petersburg then to Washington, Richmond ( I saw her here) and on her birthday she attending the National Marines Toys For Tots Kickoff Luncheon which I also attended. Today she was in 'Scranton, Pa (yes I made it there, too) and I am not sure where she is going from there. You can check on her forum at connietalbot.proboards.com and hit the events button here the top and that will take you to her website where you can see her schedule. I have only just gotten back in from my trip and am leaving again for two weeks in a couple of days (my daughter in California is giving birth to my 12 th grandchild.) I have tons to do, but I will try to get back here and post some pictures from Connie's recent appearances.

Take Care everyone,

Shirley
Rakugaki
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Dim 22 Nov - 14:42

That's nice to heard that Connie is more and more famous in the USA.
Thanks !
And if you have photos, you can post them, with pleasure. Very Happy

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Lun 23 Nov - 1:24

connie at scranton mall mini concert

shurdley

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Lun 23 Nov - 3:51

jfrog...thanks for putting up tiktak's videos. I don't know if I will have time to get mine up for a couple of weeks.
jfrog

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sam 28 Nov - 6:04

Connie's dvd has been released

oh and i see connies cd sampler is not posted. well i just can't have that. Laughing

Rakugaki
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sam 28 Nov - 9:43

Whah, that's nice that she has a full DVD !
Thanks for the informtaion.
I have the CD "Holiday Magic", it's very good !

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 16/06/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Dim 29 Nov - 19:43

Thank you for beautiful Christmas music! santa
http://celine-helgemo.piczo.com
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Jeu 3 Déc - 4:30

I started this thread, so of course I like Connie. The big problem with these recent posts and news of a DVD and Cd and all that are not exciting for me at all, because I am not a big fan of Christmas music. It is OK. I don´t hate it or anything, but I would so much rather have a DVD of her singing all the non Christmas, non religious, but still very positive and uplifting songs she has done nice recordings of so far.
jfrog

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Jeu 3 Déc - 5:44

i believe her next non-christmas cd comes out in february. rumor has it she will sing the titanic song and has written her own song so i guess we'll have to wait till christmas is behind us. Smile
Rakugaki
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Jeu 3 Déc - 17:46

Why always covers ???? I prefer original songs...

MessageSujet: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Aujourd'hui à 14:24

Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 3 sur 6Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant