~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Wed 7 Jan - 0:41

Here is the legend Connie Talbot and she seems to be determined to be a serious musician. She already plays guitar pretty good and now she is learning the drums!!

Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sat 14 Mar - 23:54

Whether you go way back with Connie like me or if you don't even know her much or get too excited about her or whatever, the fact is that Connie is probably one of the top 5 most famous child singers of the Youtube age. Sure, she is turning into a teen singer, but I think I will always be a huge fan.

For anyone not familiar with her but wanting to know more, I remind here of her fairly lengthy wikipedia page. She has been quite busy since those days she impressed Simon on BGT. I still remember thinking how silly it was of some music critics saying her first album lacked 'emotionl depth' or that Connie did not necessarily understand all she was singing. SHE WAS 7! Idiots! I have never required my Girl Singers to always have great emotional depth and understanding on all their songs. My answer to them. If you don't like child singers, then don't listen to them and for heaven's sake, don't write critical reviews of them. Well, Connie is close to 14 1/2 now and is still hugely popular on the Internet and in many areas of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Talbot

Connie has gone the direction I think all my Girl Singers should go eventually if they want to have a serious music career as they get older. Learn to play an instrument and write at least a few original songs.

Back to top Go down
Jonny

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2015-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Mon 29 Feb - 11:48

Back to top Go down
Tonie

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2014-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sun 4 Sep - 12:59

It has been a long time since anyone posted here and I found this new video today. I love this song and Connie sings it so well! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Thu 15 Sep - 2:10

Thanks Tonie for being another keeping up with Connie. I think I will always pay her attention even as she has gone from 6yo to teen singer now and as an adult in the future. You may already know, but I will say this is a favorite song for me from Sting, but Connie may be paying homage to the late and great Eva Cassidy, who died before the Internet or Youtube age, but sold a huge amount of records in the new millennium, especially in Great Britain. Here is a recording of Eva doing that song, just in case you have not heard it.

Back to top Go down
Tonie

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2014-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Thu 15 Sep - 2:47

girlsingerfan wrote:
Thanks Tonie for being another keeping up with Connie. I think I will always pay her attention even as she has gone from 6yo to teen singer now and as an adult in the future. You may already know, but I will say this is a favorite song for me from Sting, but Connie may be paying homage to the late and great Eva Cassidy, who died before the Internet or Youtube age, but sold a huge amount of records in the new millennium, especially in Great Britain. Here is a recording of Eva doing that song, just in case you have not heard it.

Super! Thanks for posting it! Never heard it and I had no idea there was a video.
Back to top Go down

Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6