~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 20 Jun - 1:43

In celebration of Connie's first official proper music video, I am starting this thread. Connie Talbot is probably in the same list as Maria Isabel and Amy Diamond. Anyone who likes child singers probably knows them (even if they don't necessarily like them), and I think everyone on this forum has thought they are so well known, we don't need to post on them. Well, someone finally started one on Amy. I guess I should do Maria Isabel next, as she is my favorite child singing star of all time. I know Rakugaki does not like to start threads on singers he has on his other site, but when we start a thread, he will usually comment.

This one is probably from when she was shooting Three Little Birds.

I think it is possible that Connie Talbot is the best under age 8 girl singer I have ever known of. Assol comes close maybe. See her video of Scarlet Sails in her thread here. She of course, first came to world attention from her appearances on Britain's Got Talent, which then made their way to youtube. She was 6 and performed Somewhere Over the Rainbow and won even the heart of Simon Cowell. She tied for first, but then lost to Paul Potts in the call in vote to break the tie. You can read more about all this on the wikipedia page on her.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Talbot

For me, I thought Connie was just a very good 6 year old singer in my initial introduction to her in the BGT clips. She hit the notes pretty much correctly, and of course, she was so sweet, you cannot help but be captured by her, but her performance wasn't mind blowing. I could see the raw talent and thought, with a couple more years and a little training, she will be very good indeed. Well, it didn't take two years. I think she is much improved since her first appearances. Or at least they sure know what to do with her in the studio. She sounds amazing for a 7 year old to me. What an incredible range for her age and her sweetness flows from that voice. I also really enjoy listening to her talk, because she is natural and not too precocious, and I LOVE that accent. She is also ahead of her time in having TWO big front teeth isn't she?

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/connietalbotofficialmusic
Her new one on her MySpace is Any Dream Will Do. Great song for her!
Youtube Main Page: http://youtube.com/marcmarot
More here: http://youtube.com/user/rockmyworldgirl and
http://youtube.com/user/behindthesecret

The Sweet Voice of Connie Talbot and the Spirit of Bob Marley. You just can't get any better than that.
Here is 3 Little Birds.

Can't watch this one without getting tears in my eyes. Connie is accompanied on piano by a 6yr old girl who was born blind and orphaned. She has loving foster parents now and plays completely by ear as a natural gift without training.
You Raise Me Up

Her live performances may not be quite as perfect as her recordings. (Not too many adults do that), but she proves she can pretty much do it live too. Listen the ending high notes. 7 Years Old!!!!
I Will Always Love You 'Live'

As stated before, they sure know how to work with her in the studio. The professional recordings of the great songs they pick for her are a great joy for me. Here are a couple. Not official great music videos, but good for listening to the song and seeing something.
Hey Kosm1fent. One from your favorite band.
I Have A Dream

Favorite Things. Love the way she sings 'kittens'.

Here is the full studio version of I Will Always Love You. I would much rather hear Connie doing this than Whitney Houston. I think Whitney is one of the best voices, but for me, she way overdoes this song in the last half. Dolly Parton wrote this song to be a more simple and pretty song, not to be quite so showy as Whitney did it. Linda Rondstadt is maybe my favorite female vocalist and she did a nice version of this in the 1970s. Now I get to hear Connie do her thing.

Connie does a song by one of my favorite singers, Nat King Cole.
Smile

I guess I have been feeling a little low and Connie cheers me up, so it is her night at the forum for me. One more before I go and leave Connie with you.
Any Dream Will Do

Last edited by girlsingerfan on Mon 5 Jan - 3:02; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
Caroline

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 20 Jun - 6:27

Yes of course I know Connie Talbot! I do not have time to watch the vidoes right now. But I'll do it soon, and I have listened her some times before. She is of course adorable and I her voice is so good for her age, it just sounds so pretty. But she is very young. I can not fully like artists who are almost like babies, it gets all wrong to me.

Yes girlsingerfan, you must do a Maria Isabel topic. She is the best!

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 20 Jun - 7:46

I know Connie too. The fact that Simon Cowell praised her means a lot. Laughing

I'm personally very impressed by the way she handles the high tones. Smile

I hope to hear more of her in the near future... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2929

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 20 Jun - 17:24

She's super cute and very talented but... I don't know why, I don't like her voice very much.

I like her last single "Three Little Birds". Her voice is better than before, for me.
Back to top Go down
http://kidsvocal.over-blog.com/
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 20 Jun - 20:05

Rakugaki, i personally believe that Christina Aguilera has much worse voice than Connie. Wink
Anyway, I like all her songs, hope to hear her at ESC (finally the UK would win it) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 20 Jun - 20:24

Haha, yes ! Wink
But she's too young to go to ESC..
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sat 21 Jun - 2:43

Hey Rakugaki,

You may not remember a conversation we had on Connie, but I remember that the main reason you do not like her so much is that she has quite a bit of vibrato in her voice and you do not like that. In the song Three Little Birds, she has less or almost none of that because of the song style, so you like that better. I myself have no problem with the vibrato. Every now and then, she lets it get too strong when she tries to belt out the notes a little more, but I love her singing. It really makes me feel better every time I hear her. It is a very pretty and very sweet voice and because of her wonderful spirit, that also comes flowing through. As Kosm1fent said, she can hit the high notes better than just about any 7 year old I have heard. I hope they are not working her too hard in the studio, because the studio recording are amazing for a girl that age. I also really enjoy their song choices for her. Just the right kind of songs for the special person that is Connie Talbot.

I could start a conversation on what Caroline said about her youth. There is a potential for problems when a girl that young is guided towards being very famous. She has become quite a big star in certain parts of the world, and I am guessing her album is making them some nice money, but from what I have read and seen so far, she is remaining a child with a beautiful spirit. She said the reason she likes to sing is she really enjoys making people happy. As long as that remains her primary reason to be doing it, she will be OK I think. It could be that it would be better that after making some extra money for the family as she has already and doing some tours, they scale it back for a few years and basically don't do so much that she gets to feeling the pressure or losing the joy of performing. It seems like her parents are very nice and concerned and so maybe they will do that. She then could be brought out more again when she is 10 or 11 or so, if she has grown sufficiently in mind and spirit to withstand all that comes with the stardom.

Give your opinions on this please.
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sat 21 Jun - 7:30

Girlsingerfan, i totally agree with you. An example for what you said is Britney Spears. Britney started her career as a kid talent. Now she is alcohol-addicted, divorced and her career has been dramaticaly affected. I hope that Connie and the other kid singers don't follow Britney's footsteps...

Connie's parents are excelent! They rejected Cowell's proposal to sign for Sony music, because they thought that Sony didn't care about children...

So, i personally believe that Connie has the right guidance... She is very lucky! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sat 21 Jun - 19:07

Quote :
You may not remember a conversation we had on Connie, but I remember that the main reason you do not like her so much is that she has quite a bit of vibrato in her voice and you do not like that. In the song Three Little Birds, she has less or almost none of that because of the song style, so you like that better.

I remember. Wink
And yes, I prefer this song because I can't heard her vibrato. Smile
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sun 22 Jun - 4:37

Thanks for commenting. Whether you like her or not, Connie is probably one of the 5 top child singing stars in the world right now. I don't know how that is determined, but I am making a guess on evidence I see around the net and youtube and such. I was hoping that more people that visit the forum would join in the discussion on Connie. Let's keep it going folks!

Hey Kosm1fent, I replaced the I Have a Dream with another more official version. Thank you for the music! Connie!
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sun 22 Jun - 7:09

Yes, thank you for the music, Connie! cheers
She is the number 1 kid singer for me. I love her song "I have a dream". In this song the spirit of Connie and the spirit of ABBA blend together! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cd85own

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Sun 22 Jun - 14:01

Connie also have a special CD version in Taiwan "Over the Rainbow (CD+DVD) (Taiwan Deluxe Edition) ":

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-w/section-index/pid-1011010255/

And girlsingerfan, thanks for your Connie videos collection, one of them is Connie's performance in Taiwan's famous
TV show"Superstars". (Song competition show) Cool

Connie is a guest star in that show so it's weird that they gave her points for her singing...(Though 20 points is the great) Shocked
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Mon 23 Jun - 7:05

Thanks cd85own for the link, i didn't know she released a special album for Taiwan! Very Happy

cd85own wrote:
Connie is a guest star in that show so it's weird that they gave her points for her singing...(Though 20 points is the great) Shocked
Don't worry, there are quite a lot shows who are being rude to their guests... Wink
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 27 Jun - 3:32

I had to put one more here. This studio recording of You Raise Me Up still has no real official video, just the live performance with the blind girl I put here before and a few fan made videos. I think this is the best fan video of the song. This is just an absolutely amazing performance for a 7 year old. The last part of the song with the choir is just awesome! The high notes are mind boggling when you consider her age. She sure knows how to do it in the studio, and is pretty decent live too. I actually hope she doesn't do this one too often right now, because this is her most demanding for Power, which she shows on this song better than anytime before. I don't want her voice to get worn out. I am sure her parents wouldn't let that happen. She just rocks on this one! Plenty of vibrato on this one Rakugaki. Sorry about that. Smile

You Raise Me Up! Studio version. Fan made video.
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 27 Jun - 5:16

I don't have anything to say. Simply AMAZING...
girlsingerfan wrote:
Plenty of vibrato on this one Rakugaki. Sorry about that. Smile
Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
moorvis

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 27 Jun - 5:19

Connie wouldn's be Connie without her vibrato! Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 27 Jun - 6:28

Mad Evil or Very Mad Wink
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 27 Jun - 14:16

Hehe, right! Wink
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 27 Jun - 19:23

Really too much on this one, yes. But still a cute voice and a great performer !
Back to top Go down
Razzfan

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 27 Jun - 19:32

She's so cute flower
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Fri 27 Jun - 20:51

Razzfan wrote:
She's so cute flower
Oh, yes! Wink
Back to top Go down
cd85own

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Mon 30 Jun - 7:29

kosm1fent wrote:
Thanks cd85own for the link, i didn't know she released a special album for Taiwan! Very Happy

You're welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Mon 30 Jun - 7:33

cd85own wrote:
kosm1fent wrote:

You're welcome! Smile
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Wed 2 Jul - 2:49

Hello Any Connie Nuts out there can join or look at her forum. Pretty much action going on there too. I have just now found out about it. I will maybe get into it. I sometimes don't have enough time for my Youtube and kidsvocal forum activities, that I hesitate to get more going. We will see. I will add some nice photos I found there.

http://connietalbot.proboards102.com/

Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.   Wed 2 Jul - 8:46

Haha, cute as always! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Connie Talbot. No one else was starting it, so here goes.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next