~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Lena Zavaroni (UK)

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
moorvis

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 14/03/2008

MessageSujet: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Mer 21 Mai - 16:20

Lena Zavaroni was a famous young singer in early 1970s. She has an amazing voice and she has released some (I don't know exactly how many) albums. At least the first album was successful around Europe, ans she's still the youngest person who's had a UK top #10 album. Later she had a TV show too. She suffered from anorexia since she was a teenager and eventually died of it in 1999.

Here is a video of her on Tonight Show:

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Mer 21 Mai - 16:46

Oh, that's not a fresh news !! Twisted Evil Wink

She can sing... but I'm not really fan of that.
But thanks anyway, I didn't know her.

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 29/04/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Mer 21 Mai - 18:05

Neither me...tongue It is sad though because a lot of teenagers die every year of anorexia. Evil or Very Mad
Yonah

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 17/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Mer 21 Mai - 20:26

oh..so sad how she died. She can sing really good but i'm not a fan of her.
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3048

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 4:17

I now sort of remember her a little. I was so very young. I think I was about the same age actually. Well you guys, sometimes it comes down to what you grow up with or maybe your culture. This is true for many things besides music. Food is another important subject like this. Some kinds of American music, especially if it is from long ago, are probably not going to be so wonderful for many outside the U.S. This would be true for younger people in the U.S. who do not have an interest in older music also. This song is strong on the Showtunes style(singing for Hollywood films of the 30's to 70's) kind of American music or maybe broadway show singing. I also know that Rakugaki prefers either pretty or cute singing, rather than strong, mature singing. I also prefer that, but I do like some of the power singing from kids.

Here is another from Lena Zavaroni that may be a little easier for you guys to take. This was a favorite song of mine from when I was a child. A very lovely, but very sad song that Lena really makes her own. I think it is amazing that a ten year old could do such a moving performance of such a song. It is so sad the world lost such a talent at such a young age. I hope you are out there still somewhere Lena, singing your heart out.

The End of the World

Oh well, sorry to those that are not so excited about her, but I thank you Moorvis for bringing her back. I like her very much. I think I will embed a couple more. Another favorite song of mine.

What a Wonderful World

Back to Broadway, sorry. She was such an amazing little performer. I love this.
If They Could See Me Now
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 14:22

Girlsingerfan, I DO like her! Very Happy But i don't really fancy talking about a person who is not here with us now. Especially if she passed away so unfairly... pale
moorvis

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 15:51

I'm glad you like her, because I'm a big fan. Very Happy I first found about her a year or so ago when I saw her old album in a record store. I was impressed by her great great voice, and such a passionate way of singing. But in an interview she is just a normal little kid:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yGYEHZOo3zQ

She's so cute when she doesn't like her freckles. Laughing
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 15:57

Are her old albums still in shops ??? Shocked
moorvis

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 16:00

Yes. But only in those where they sell used records. Razz And those are only vinyl LP albums, CDs were not invented back then. Wink
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 16:03

Hmmm, i see...Wink But anyway, who has the equipment nowdays to play LPs ?
moorvis

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 16:33

I have! Not much use for it though, but it's hard for me to throw away anything. Very Happy
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 16:54

Really? That's cool! Very Happy My Granny has one too, but i think it is broken... :s
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 18:24

Hello Kosm1fent, yes I did understand that you like her, but it seems you are not so excited about the style of music, so that was what I was commenting on. Some people do not like older music and of course, many do not like certain stlyes of singing or music. I am very rare I think. I was exposed to so many kinds of music as a child and I grew up liking just about everything. Even as an adult, I became quite immersed in Blues music, both older and newer. I am possibly too easy to please when it comes to GIRL singers. As long as they are mostly hitting the right notes and have a decent voice or even a unique voice, I will probably like them OK.

This girl, Lena Zavaroni, was one of the very best of all time for the kind of music she performed. Yes, she died at 35 years of age and it should not have happened, but it also happened to one of the purist and most lovely voices of all time, Karen Carpenter. The only thing we can do is keep them alive with our love and enjoyment of what they gave of their gifts when they were still here.

One more video for Lena. In this one, she is a bit older. I am guessing about 12.
Rock and Roll Waltz.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Jeu 22 Mai - 21:22

Yes, Girlsingerfan, i think you are a rare case...LaughingWink But i like Blues too (mostly by male singers, like Muddy Waters). I also like old rhythmic, disco or pop songs (go Abba, go!). Very Happy

As far as Lena is concerned, yes, let's keep our love for her and... wherever she is now, let's hope she is happy! Smile
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Ven 3 Oct - 4:48

Here is another of my Very Favorites from Lena. The sound track on this is way off sync with the video, but just imagine them syncing and see what a wonderful performer this girl was. In my opinion, one of the best of all time. I love the dancing on this one.

Music Music Music
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Ven 3 Oct - 18:42

Nice song, I like. Very Happy

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Sam 4 Oct - 20:26

Yeah, what a cheerful performance! Very Happy
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Lun 8 Déc - 5:21

I found some new ones on Youtube by Lena that I had not seen before, so I thought I would share a few.
This first one is also interesting to show a kid talent show that was on in Britain in the late 60s and early 70s. Junior Showtime.
Swiinging On a Star

What is so clear from these videos is that Lena was so much into the entertainment part of the performance, as well as being a great singer for the style she did. To say it differently, she was not just a singer, but an entertainer.
Baby Face

Here is something that is a little different for her. Something soft and mellow and pretty. I think this is one of her very best for showing how good a singer she truly was.
My Funny Valentine.

In every video of Lena, I knew the song already except this next one. This is a continuance from the setting of the video just above this one. It seems to be some t.v. special that she was the star of. Again, very much shows her big time entertainer talent.
Stagestruck Me

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Mar 24 Mai - 1:44

Just to keep Lena alive in our memory, as she is not alive in the world anymore, I am posting two videos that appeared her before, but were removed. Now they have been brought back on Youtube, so here they are again.

fangji

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 27/07/2010

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Mar 24 Mai - 15:48

i never come in this thread. i didn't know her before but she is cute and it seems she is good at acting.
her videos are interesting. i will watch all if i have more time.
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Ven 27 Mai - 21:54

Yes Fangji, this was a thread from the early days of the forum. It was started by our old friend Moorvis, who drops by here still once in a while. She was a popular child star from Scotland and sold a fair amount of records in the 70s for a kid. She was invited on several t.v. shows in the U.S. and England. She died at age 35 from complications after surgery when trying to battle her eating disorders. She was such a professional little performer.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Lena Zavaroni (UK)   Aujourd'hui à 17:42

Lena Zavaroni (UK)
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1