~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Lexi Walker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tonie

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2014-09-06

PostSubject: Lexi Walker   Sun 21 Dec - 20:34

I did a search and it doesn't look like Lexi has been posted on this site. Lexi is 11 years old and is from Salt Lake City, Utah USA. She is becoming more popular every day. There are many YT videos out there if you care. Here she is recently with the Piano Guys. If you haven't heard of her yet--- here she goes. Excuse me if she has been posted here already.

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Lexi Walker   Tue 30 Dec - 5:33

Hey Tonie! Yes, Lexi is posted in two other threads I think, mostly by me. It is OK with me that you start a thread for her. I should have done that back when I first saw her. Here are reposts of the two main videos I associate with her. I really honestly think her version with Alex Boyé of the big hit Let It Go from "Frozen" is better than the movie version and the Demi Lovato hit version. Not just because she is a Girl Singer. I really think her version is the best. I will post just these  four videos, but I  have others I like by her. She has one other music video and other great live performances including an amazing Over the Rainbow, but I do not want to post all at once. If anyone else beats me to posting any of them, that is OK with me.  Very Happy

Same song on the Queen Latifah show.

I also posted her in the Talent Show thread because of her appearance on America's Got Talent. Those appearances are a  mixed bag for me. Lexi is great of course and the Girls choir is fine, but the judges give mixed reviews and I do wonder how Lexi wound up in this choir, as I consider her a STAR on her own. I am the Girl Singer Fan and I like the choir, but I copy my comment on Youtube after the videos.

I already knew Lexi for months before they appeared on AGT from her fantastic music video with Alex Boyé of this same song and on the Queen Latifah show. The group is a fine and energetic Girls choir and no complaints there, but Lexi is clearly a STAR and I thought that was already known before this. I am not complaining or even criticizing the choir, but I do wonder why Lexi did not go for it on her own. She is one of the best child singers of all time in my opinion. Is it because they have had so many young girl singers on the show, going back to the winner of the original AGT and then Jackie Evancho, the biggest star to emerge from the show.
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
Butterfly

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Lexi Walker   Wed 7 Jan - 22:05

Lexi is great.

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Lexi Walker   Sun 8 Mar - 1:59

Oh Crap! Coming here reminds me to be quick downloading these videos. Looks like the last three videos posted are GONE! Mad Mad

Here is new one that I hope does not disappear.

Here voice is so very, very lovely. For pure, lovely voices, she is one of the very top ones in my book. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan

Lexi Walker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1