~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Veronica Rotin from Malta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3055
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Mon 1 Dec - 23:21

First of all, thanks to Tonie who started the Next Star Romania thread, which led me to checking out other Girl Singers from the show and I found my favorite; Veronica!  She has many videos that are not from that show and Tonie got excited about her and posted her in the Live Performances thread, so I think she should get a thread of her own and not just be in those two threads. Veronica is actually from Malta, but has appeared on Next Star Romania and Lo Canto in Italy, where she has made it to the finals in 2013 at age 9. I made a thread for that show, but her performances for that are not on Youtube, but I think I will keep all her posts right in this thread anyway. I like so many different kinds of music and singing styles. I don't NEED to have Girls Singers with powerful voices and do power ballads to like them and it makes me mad when some judges on talent shows just look for the DIVA like singers with power, but I must say that I do like Girl Singers that can do that well and Veronica is one of the best Power Girl Singers I have found. She has a huge range and can sing sweet high notes too. Then to top it off, she is a natural born entertainer. She knows how to be on stage and really gets into it. She is the total package. Very Happy

For those that do like Veronica, these links might be of interest.

This first link has download capabilities for video and mp3 for several of Veronica's performances.

http://www.stafaband.info/download/mp3/lagu_veronica_rotin_my_heart_will_go_on_xarabank/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veronica-Rotin/638709499482784

http://www.snapthepix.com/Veronica-Rotin-Facebook

This is the first video I found of her, as I was looking for other Next Star Romania videos and there it was.

Then Tonie posted this in the Live Performances thread.

Now for some that have not been posted anywhere on the forum yet.

This is a HUGE favorite for me right now.

I don't remember if I ever heard a Girl Singer of mine do this song before. A favorite for me by Elton John.

Tonie posted a different version of this song by Veronica in the other thread, but I think this one has better sound. Don't know if the sync is off a little on the video or it could be that she is doing a really good lip sync. If that is what it is, then it is the only time so far I have suspected lip syncing from her. The first few seconds are an intro and the sync is way off. Just keep watching, it switches after about 10 seconds.

Last edited by girlsingerfan on Wed 14 Jan - 22:55; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
Tonie

Number of posts : 848
Registration date : 2014-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Mon 1 Dec - 23:34

girlsingerfan wrote:
First of all, thanks to Tonie who started the Next Star Romania thread, which led me to checking out other Girl Singers from the show and I found my favorite; Veronica! She has many videos that are not from that show and Tonie got excited about her and posted her in the Live Performances thread, so I think she should get a thread of her own and not just be in those two threads. I like so many different kinds of music and singing styles. I don't NEED to have Girls Singers with powerful voices and do power ballads to like them and it makes me mad when some judges on talent shows just look for the DIVA like singers with power, but I must say that I do like Girl Singers that can do that well and Veronica is one of the best Power Girl Singers I have found. She has a huge range and can sing sweet high notes too. Then to top it off, she is a natural born entertainer. She knows how to be on stage and really gets into it. She is the total package. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Mon 1 Dec - 23:39

Hey Tonie, I don't mind at all you posting the dancing video. I had seen it the other day, but I am still just working on the beginning of this thread, so give me some time. Also, I suggest do not use the quote option on this because it is a little annoying that both photos repeat right away.
Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Tue 2 Dec - 0:34

Thank you girlsingerfan for starting this thread! Veronica is a newcomer to all of us. Her vocal ability just blows me away. There was a girl on AGT this past year that had a similar style (Mara Justine). Veronica is much better and at least 2 years younger. One thing that always impresses me is a kid that carries more than one category of talent with them. Apparently, Veronica is also a very good dancer. She keeps on top of things. Contemporary dancing takes a lot of skill. If I may, I would like to post this. It makes Veronica all the more interesting. She is a Star in the making!

Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Tue 2 Dec - 20:54

Veronica Rotin is a young Maltese singer. She is another of the incredibly talented singers to emerge from the legendary La Voix Academy in Malta. At the age of 9 years, Veronica made it to the finals of the Italian TV talent show Io Canto (I Sing) in 2013. The following year she entered the World Festival Association's (WAF) XI International contest for young talents Lake Pearls, held in FYR Macedonia, in which she not only won her category but was also awarded the Grand Prix for the whole event and has been invited to perform at next summer's WAF event in Russia.

I can only wonder what these people thought when they were shopping and happened upon this little kid singing in front of a store. I know I would be blown away. Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down
Sam1989

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Tue 9 Dec - 9:25

I think Veronica's youtube video I was impressed most is "Veronica Rotin - Adagio". It wasn't posted so I post it.
She really managed to strike deep emotional chord at moment. So sad. Great girl singer.

Back to top Go down
http://fisunov.blogspot.com/
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Wed 10 Dec - 5:17

Hey Sam1989! I am so happy to see at least three of us who enjoy this amazing Girl Singer. I did know that one and had it in My Favorites on Youtube, but this is what I am talking about. I don't want to be the only one posting the videos in threads I create. I did not post everything I knew on Veronica because I was hoping others would do some of it and so I thank you for that. This is a wonderful performance and you see it is from over a year ago, so this is when she was 9 I think. Wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Wed 10 Dec - 15:07

I didn't see this posted . I think this shows the quality of Veronica's voice when she sings softly. Beautiful! She sure can belt it out without losing any quality. Wonderful!!

Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Thu 11 Dec - 16:14

These two were uploaded just a few hours ago. Love this kid! sunny

This was on Veronica's facebook today. I hope they upload it to YT.

Veronica Rotin

21 hours ago

To #all my fans in #Romania! if you liked my #performance on "Next Star", you may #support my #participation by sending a #text message 'Veronica' on 1272!

Voting will commence tomorrow at 10am, with the show #airing later on during the day let's hope for the best! — with Fiona Rotin and 4 others
Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Thu 11 Dec - 19:49

Here are some more from a few hours ago. What is the lung capacity of a 10 year old?

Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Thu 11 Dec - 20:27

WOW! This was just uploaded about 1 minute ago. I will be looking for her performance and I will post it if uploaded. Fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Thu 11 Dec - 20:52

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! Here it is. If Veronica doesn't win with this..................................................
What a performance!!!!!! bom bom bom cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Veronica JESC   Wed 14 Jan - 14:06

Here is some new news about Veronica: Veronica Rotin was selected by Malta to represent them is the 2015 JESC. I am a big fan of hers! She is a Powerhouse! Still amazed that all of that sound comes out of a 10 year old. It is a good sound. Any 10 yo can scream, but this is quality.
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Wed 14 Jan - 22:50

First of all, what an amazing and powerful performance that was!!   Very Happy  When will we know she is the winner. I did not use the word if in that sentence.

Veronica has got me really impressed. She is from Malta, but speaks English with barely just a tiny, tiny accent on a few words. She has been big on shows in other countries such as Italy and Romania. She must go to a special school that REALLY teaches some serious English classes. WOW. You can tell she is intelligent and sweet too.

Veronica and others are posted in another forum I just found today. It is originally for Jackie Evancho, but seems to have branched out some.

http://jackiefans.forum-motion.net/f13-non-classical-crossover
Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Wed 14 Jan - 23:33

I am a member of the forum you posted. I have been speaking with Veronica and her sister Kelly. Veronica speaks English so well because she is half Australian. Some to most of the people of Malta are bilingual, English being the second language. Veronica, at only 10 years old, will have a difficult time winning JESC. On the other hand, it is more popularity than anything. Veronica is a sweetheart and will be very popular with the kids in the other countries. That is the way you win. I have gotten the rules down, but it was difficult to figure them out at first.I have become a big fan of hers!  She definitely has the talent and the other participants will love her! Glad you like her as much as I do!

BTW: I am a seafood freak. Have some time to look at the Restaurants there........YUM!
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Thu 15 Jan - 22:31

Yes, I just learned yesterday that many in Malta speak English. I did not know that before. Interesting. Yes, but won't Veronica be 11 or almost 11 anyway, by the next JESC? I was semi-joking, which means I can't really say before I see any of the competition, but it is almost certain she will be the one I root for the most, just like Krisia this past one.

Restaurants where?
Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Fri 16 Jan - 1:34

HAhahahaha! The restaurants in Malta. YUM yummy Yum. Check it out. Google it. Keep your keyboard pushed back because you may salivate between the keys. God, that's hard to clean!! GO VERONICA!
Back to top Go down
JacenJacen

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Fri 16 Jan - 17:54

I just watched her videos today. I agree, she's amazing! And a sweetheart!
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Wed 21 Jan - 2:29

Thank you Tonie for your humorous comment and thank you for adding your support JacenJacen. Very Happy

Here is an interesting one I just found. Veronica comes in at about 2:28 and is so lovely in the stage setting with all the other kids and gives a nice message at the end.

Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Tue 27 Jan - 17:22

I have been communicating with Veronica and her older sister Kelly. I directed them to this site and they were very surprised and pleased that Veronica was posted here. Veronica reads all the communications and (under the supervision of Kelly) she responds. It's interesting how the country of Malta places financial support. Anyway, here ia a small request that I am forwarding. I see no harm in it because all it asks is that people like her on facebook. No money, just a like. Please note that her facebook seems to be a different address than posted here. I am a big fan and Kelly's request is simple. Thanks, Tonie

1/22, 4:59pm

Veronica Rotin

(It's Kelly) sorry this must be a bit confusing to you, but I sometimes check Veronica's Facebook to keep up to date with things and I see she hasn't replied to you . we checked out the forum and it is soo great thank you for sharing, you are helping Veronica to get recognized overseas I don't know if all those people have Facebook, but just in case they do, you could leave the link to her page and they can stay updated with everything since it is official..of course if you would like to https://www.facebook.com/veronicarotin10

Veronica Rotin

Participant of "Io Canto". A female vocalist under the tutelage of Gillian Attard.

Musician/Band: 1,999 like this
Veronica Rotin

1/22, 5:03pm

Veronica Rotin

they would just need to like it , anyways thanks again because these tiny things make a big difference, and could even help veronica get government funding here in Malta for when she travels overseas to sing which she has to this summer

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Wed 28 Jan - 6:15

Hey to Tonie and Veronica and her sister when you visit here. I am the one who started this thread for you Veronica. Is Gillian Attard your voice teacher Question My thinking is no kidsinger sings as well as you without some training. Smile You are amazing Veronica and I was so very pleased when I heard you speaking English so well. Cool! Very Happy

I have been resisting for years but have recently considered giving in and finally getting a Facebook page, but right now I do not have one. I have trouble getting enough time on the Internet to do all my Youtube and forum activities, so another thing like Facebook would add to that.

Veronica recently replied to one of my comments on Youtube when I mentioned hearing rumour she would be in JESC next year. She said that decision has not been made yet and thanked me for my support and mentioned the Facebook thing. Maybe I can open one and just keep it very simple with little activity.

Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Sat 21 Feb - 17:59

Here is a new one from Veronica. She has such good voice control for a 10 year old! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Wed 25 Feb - 22:40

One word just keeps jumping back in my mind when I watch this. PERFECT! I have seen so many GirlSingers the past 9 years or so that I have been doing this, and many of the ones in those first years are no longer child singers, so it is a mental and emotional exercise I usually avoid to come up with top ten or something like that. However, it is so easy for me to say that Veronica has for awhile now taken a solid spot in my top 5 of the past couple years. This kind of performance makes me think she may be more like the top 3. Very Happy   I was thinking that Anastasia Petrik is my favorite Girl Singer from Europe these past 2 years or so, but now it seems both Veronica and Krisia Todorova are getting to be right up there with her. It is hard to say what order they go in and it does not really matter as that could change each month or even with each new video, but I think I can safely say who my top three Girl Singers from Europe are. Anastasia, Veronica, and Krisia.
Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Fri 1 May - 13:38

Here is a new one by Veronica. cheers Very Happy

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Rotin from Malta   Fri 1 May - 21:41

Thanks for that one Tonie! I believe that is Veronica's first music video. Simple in production visually, but a great performance on a really nicely produced studio recording is the main thing. I am never going to be one of those people that are common these days on Singing contests and elsewhere who are only impressed by the POWER singing moments, but I do like the power notes balanced with other things that I look for and Veronica does that balance so very well. She has a few spectacular power moments starting at 2:25 that I really enjoyed.
Back to top Go down

Veronica Rotin from Malta
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next