~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

South Asia Singers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SSS_seeker

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-09-14

PostSubject: South Asia Singers   Sun 12 Oct - 5:53

Not seeing videos from South Asia, so I'm taking the opportunity here to start a thread. I find South Asia one of the more difficult regions to find good quality videos, but I appreciate them no less. Baby Fareeha is one I found out of Pakistan. No other information about her seems to be available on the internet, but if anyone has some to share I would like to hear it. I chose just a few and placed them in a general chronological order. The oldest is about 4 years.

Samin Bolori is a personal favorite because because her talent is evident even without instrument backup, but also because she once responded to one of my queries to her Facebook page. She apologizes for knowing very little English, and I know no Persian at all, but we did manage to get a page up on the SSS site just the way she wanted. Samin comes from Rashti, Iran.

I'm hoping to find a video of Anjana Padmanabhan from India. She has a great tone of voice, but last time I tried to embed a link it did not work.
Back to top Go down
SSS_seeker

PostSubject: Anjana Padmanabhan   Sun 12 Oct - 14:31

Anjana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkQtEhWu1IU
Back to top Go down
SSS_seeker

PostSubject: Tamil singer Srinisha   Sun 12 Oct - 14:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUbZAVgz4h0

Srinisha singing with John Vianni from a short film Ini-Vendaam.

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: South Asia Singers   Wed 15 Oct - 4:03

Hey SSS_seeker. No problem with me to create a new thread for this category of singers, even though I sort of already made one a long time ago. I recently brought it back to the first page with a new post on Mercy Moolsarn from Thailand, from which I got one comment.  Sad    It is the one called Princess Music. 4 Golden Princess 7 Princess and similiar. The singers posted on that one are from Korea down to Vietnam and Maylasia and over to Thailand. Lots from Maylaysia posted. Half the videos are still there if you want to check it out if you don't mind 'oldies'. Smile Yes, I know the thread title doesn't indicate an area, but remember, when this forum started and I was first on Youtube, there was only a small portion of what there is now and 4 Golden Princess and 7 Princess were the main Girl Singer groups from Asia(not Japan). A lot of those videos on that thread have disappeared from Youtube too, so a newer thread with fresh videos and that indicates the region is probably a good thing. Very Happy  Actually, this thread seems to be leaning toward India or Pakistan style of music so far, so this thread is quite different.

I have posted a good number of videos in that past that were heavy on the cultural sound and liked them. However, I don't like EVERYTHING, and I find that I only like a small portion of the music from India or Pakistan area. I did post some videos from India a few times a long time ago, so I like certain singers or songs, but I cannot even remember what thread I put them in.
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan

South Asia Singers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1