~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JacenJacen

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Wed 23 Apr - 16:16

I'm surprised nobody posted this yet. Question 

I give you, currently at 6.8 million views:
Babymetal - Gimme chocolate!! live music video

These girls are really exploding right now Very Happy 
They just recently released their first album "Babymetal", and it's making a big splash on itunes.

Recently the fine bros did a youtubers react episode on them.

And they're set to participate in the Sonisphere music festival in the UK in July!! Shocked 
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/2014-04-08/babymetal-are-playing-sonisphere
http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/uk-brace-for-babymetal/

Great going girls!!  cheers

p.s.
So I was going to post this under the Japanese groups thread, but accidentally posted it here.
What the heck, they're so popular now, I think they deserve their own thread!! Smile 
Back to top Go down
clearsky

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Sun 27 Apr - 18:24

I would have postet this, but the video is blocked in Germany ...  Rolling Eyes 

But here is something special: BABYMETAL sings "Over The Future" from Su-Metals old group "Karen Girls"!  Love 

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Mon 28 Apr - 4:43

Fine with me that you start a thread for them except that I don't have that good of a memory and I don't want to look back in the other thread to determine what has been posted before. We just won't worry about that.
They have got to be one of the all time most popular Japanese Girl Groups. There is even a chance they are number one of all time. I don't know how I would figure that out unless you go by just Youtube hits. They certainly could be number one for that.

That does not mean they are my favorite. For me, Baby Metal is a mixed bag. I just like maybe half of their songs. This kind of music is just OK for me, so I just like some of their stuff. They certainly do have a great stage show and the Girls sure know how to perform. Seems like a lot of money behind them.

I was very happy to see/hear them do that Karens Girls song. I like that one.  Smile 

Here are two more I like fine.

Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
JacenJacen

PostSubject: They're going on tour in Europe!   Wed 7 May - 14:22

Well, they've announced their European tour dates:
http://www.babymetal.jp/ Shocked 

Germany, France and the UK.

I hope they have a great tour and bring in even more fans! Smile 
Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Wed 7 May - 16:07

I ordered my ticket. Segoi!!! Very Happy

Love 

Omg, what do I wear?
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Fri 9 May - 23:51

What!!?? They're not coming to San Diego?  Laughing I am thinking they are not very well known in the U.S. and will never come.

OMG. What do I wear?  Laughing Good one Clearsky!  Laughing again
Back to top Go down
JacenJacen

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Sun 11 May - 18:13

Quote :
What!!?? They're not coming to San Diego?

More tour destinations may be hammered out in the near future.
Be patient!  Smile 

Quote :
I ordered my ticket. Segoi!!!

Shouldn't it be "sugoi"??  Question 

I just checked and it seems their London and Cologne venues are already sold out!!  Shocked 
Aren't you glad I posted their concert news here clearsky?  Laughing 

Quote :
That does not mean they are my favorite. For me, Baby Metal is a mixed bag. I just like maybe half of their songs. This kind of music is just OK for me, so I just like some of their stuff.

It's ok, everyone has their own tastes in music.  Smile
Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Mon 12 May - 14:07

Damn, I have to improve my japanese before they arrive ...  Rolling Eyes 

Edit: Somehow the quote disappeared ...
Thanks! Very Happy  My biggest fear was an empty hall in Cologne - that would mean never again in Germany ... Shocked 

They changed the tour dates allready several times and announced more changes and destinations. Maybe they go for europe first so they can quickly and at low costs put several countrys on the list. This tour is probably ment more to impress the japanese public than to make money - a single big concert in Tokyo draws in more fans than a world tour at much lower costs ...  Rolling Eyes Or they want to check the impact first before risking their reputation in the USA. Remember, americans are less used to foreign music than europeans. If they can show some nice scenes with enthusiastic european fans it may "open the door".

And if they go to USA it will probably be Hawaii first, not San Diego.  Laughing  Many Idol groups do it like that. Hawaii has many japanese tourists and inhabitants, is closer to Japan and used to japanese culture. It would be a suprise if they aim for LA or NY first.

So far it seems my money has arrived in time and the ticket will be sent. Can't wait to put my hand on it ...  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Thu 15 May - 23:36

Actually Clearsky, the little  Laughing face means I was completely joking! It would be a complete shock to me if they come anywhere close to where I live, including L.A.
Back to top Go down
JacenJacen

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Sat 17 May - 13:32

Well they're currently in New York right now. Is that close enough girlsingerfan?
At least it's the same continent! Very Happy

https://twitter.com/BABYMETAL_JAPAN/status/466370147197136896
http://www.babymetalmusic.com/babymetal-photoshoot-new-york-possible-marketing-us-tour/

Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Sat 17 May - 15:14

Great 

BABYMETAL will conquer the world!

Back to top Go down
JacenJacen

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Mon 19 May - 3:02

Congratulations clearsky!  Smile 
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Mon 26 May - 5:05

Have fun Clearsky!  Smile 

That Girl Singer who does the main vocal is getting to be such a strong singer. I think she may be actually live on that last video or is doing a fantastic sync job. These Girls are solid professionals now.
Back to top Go down
JacenJacen

PostSubject: Babymetal in the US!!!   Sat 21 Jun - 13:28

Well, I guess you were wrong clearsky, they're performing in LA and the four corner states!  Very Happy
Opening for Lady Gaga no less!!   

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/babymetal-to-support-lady-gaga-at-five-u-s-shows/

And apparently their LA headlining show is already sold out!  Shocked 

https://twitter.com/BABYMETAL_JAPAN/status/480043278742458372

Girlsingerfan, are you in complete shock now??  Laughing
Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Sun 22 Jun - 17:18

Some times it is good to be wrong ...  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Fri 27 Jun - 13:24

BABYMETAL posted greatings for their tour in Europe!  Very Happy  Guess in which country you need a proxy to see them ...  Rolling Eyes 

I want that flag!!!
 Love 
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Mon 30 Jun - 1:51

Yes, I said I would be shocked, but more about them headlining. Opening for LG is still a big surprise, but maybe not shocking. If they show up in the San Diego area headlining, you can be sure I will at least attempt to get a ticket.  Very Happy  Remember, heavy metal is not my favorite, but these Girls sure put on an interesting show and the lead singer is actually pretty strong.
Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Sun 6 Jul - 15:19

Since I needed two days to recover after the concert (I didn't got a minute of sleep in the hotel - the bed was too short ...) I will make my usual uploads next week. For today just a little review.

Negatives first:
- The location was a little bit rundown and the sound system not perfect. But over all acceptable.  Neutral 
- It was melting hot, very crowded (sold out, many people bought their tickets at the gate) and the air was terrible.  Embarassed 
- I was too slow to buy a flag.  Sad 

Now the good stuff:

IT WAS PERFECT!!!

Love 

There were so many people who love BABYMETAL, not only from Germany and neighbouring countrys, but even some hardcore fans from Japan! The crowd was quite mixed, many Metalheads between 15 and 25, but also Punks, J-Pop-Fans and "normal" people. Around 80% male and 90% european. Glad I wasn't the oldest around ... The mood was good from the beginning, nice atmosphere, no aggression or anything like that. Smile 

Stupid me didn't realized at the time that most of the goods were limited - the last flag was taken off the wall and sold when I was still 5 m away from the shop ... Even the popular sizes (XL and XXL ...  Rolling Eyes ) of two T-Shirts were sold out, but I got a nice one. And some badges for my rucksack.* Oh, and since I planed to avoid the toilets I didn't drink enough before and got extremely thirsty ... You see, I don't have much experience with concerts. Rolling Eyes 

When the show startet with the trailer the crowd got very exited - and when the white courtain showed the shadows of Moa and Yui the tension grew more and more - until the courtain falled and everybody screamd! Seeing the girls betwen a pallisade of "Fox Signs" on 10 m distance live was better then the finest 4K video! Surprised  I had a quite good position, between the left bar and the mosh pit. Like 95% of the time I had good sight at at least one of the girls.

When they were performing "Babymetal Deat" as opener and the 2 or 3 songs after they were a little bit stiff and seemed nervous, but after that the shurely had fun on the stage! The Kami Band was in perfect mood from the beginning.  Wink  Most oft the singing was live, even the parts of Moa and Yui while dancing (I can tell because they made some little mistakes Wink ) and they had some changes from the regular performances - because Moa celebrated her birthday this day she was singing parts of the lead vocals of Headbanger and got the "scepter"-microphone! Very Happy They all interacted great with the crowd, let them sing parts of the songs and even had some German sentences in the small MC-parts - I didn't understand a word oft that.  Neutral Not even in the videos I found on Youtube.  Neutral  The people around me were just screaming too loud ...  Neutral I can understand them!  Very Happy  

When the girls were singing "Doki Doki Morning" everybody was singing the whole lyrics along! Very Happy And the ending with "Ijime, Dame, Zettai!" was just awsome. My favorite song ... bounce The only German word I understand was the "Tschüß" (= "bye bye") after the "We Are BABYMETAL!!!" at the very end. Smile 

I am not shure if it was the best day in my life but clearly it is in the top 5! I read a lot of comments and watched most videos from the other performances in France and UK and I am pretty shure the mood was best in Cologne. Cool 

My position was very good to watch, scream and celebrate, but not to use a camera. I didn't even try to make a video. Here my very best foto ... Rolling Eyes 

I am not going to upload videos of the concert. You can find a lot on Youtube, most have bad quality ...

*One of the few German words I can use in englisch texts.  Razz
Back to top Go down
JacenJacen

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Sun 6 Jul - 16:28

Congratulations clearky! Glad you had fun!  cheers 
I'm also happy that Babymetal's doing so well. Here's hoping that they become more and more famous!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Mon 14 Jul - 1:37

Great post on your experience there Clearsky.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
JacenJacen

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Mon 2 May - 14:21

I realize that technically they're already too old for this forum, but just bear with me this time. tongue

Their 2nd album "Metal resistance" is getting pretty good reviews, and they're currently on a world tour in the US and europe.
They're really killin' it!  Very Happy  I'm so proud of them!

Oh and they recently reacted to that youtubers react video I posted in the OP!  Shocked

I guess we've come full circle now!
Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Tue 3 May - 6:56

I allready have cards for Cologne. Wink
Back to top Go down
JacenJacen

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Tue 3 May - 13:52

clearsky wrote:
I allready have cards for Cologne. Wink

Congratulations! But I'm not quite sure what that means though? Razz
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Wed 4 May - 5:05

Jacen Jacen, I think he meant to say tickets. I think he is going to see them in concert again. Is that correct Clearsky?
Also, yes I guess now they are fully a teen group, but weren't they 11 and 12 when they started I think? We follow a few groups or solo singers that are teens now or even young adults that we discovered when they were kidsingers, so that is OK that we still pay attention. BabyMetal are still interesting to some.
Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)   Wed 4 May - 7:15

Jacen Jacen, I think he meant to say tickets. I think he is going to see them in concert again. Is that correct Clearsky? wrote:

Whoops ... Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Babymetal (Sakura Gakuin metal group)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1