~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Child choirs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moorvis

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Child choirs   Wed 12 Dec - 20:05

I didn't find a suitable thread, so I made a new one. This is for child choirs! I don't mean pop ones like Vox angeli but serious ones that sing "real" choir music.

I'm starting by posting a video with a performance from an old CD that I found one day. I really like this CD and hope you enjoy it as well!

Vox Aurea is the choir of music classes in Jyväskylä. The singers were in this 1993 recording on average 12 years old, from 9 to 16 years of age. The choir has participated successfully in choir competitions and has made TV and radio programs in many countries. The choir has achieved the first place in international competitions.

"Jo valkee aamun tullen yö" is a song from the song collection Piae cantiones from the 16th century, with the original name "Psallat scholarum". This recording is performed to Eino Linnala's (1906-1973) polyphonic arrangement with a romantic tint, based on earlier work by Heikki Klemetti. The choir is lead on the disc by Kari Ala-Pöllänen. He served as choir director from 1978 to 1994, after which he moved to lead the famous Tapiola Choir.

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Child choirs   Tue 18 Dec - 6:14

I must be honest Moorvis. I have changed since I was younger. I used to perform with this kind of choir when I was a teen. I enjoyed that then, but I almost don't think about it anymore. When I listen to this, it still sounds good to me, but I think now to enjoy it a lot, I would have to have a live action video and hear a soloist or two also, and then I might enjoy it again. I actually prefer the pop choir style more now such as Vox Angeli. I also love the children's large choir like settings from Italy that we have threads for such as Zecchino d'Oro and Picolo Coro. Dont' know if I spelled those right.
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan

Child choirs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1