~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Amy Diamond (Sweden)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kosm1fent

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sun 19 Oct - 5:49

Rakugaki wrote:
You don't like her ?? Shocked
No, her voice is worst than Charlotte Daysh's one... lol!

And she's not cute either! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
moorvis

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sun 19 Oct - 7:25

Drive away the dissident!! Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

And welcome here, Jenni!
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sun 19 Oct - 8:51

moorvis wrote:
Drive away the dissident!! Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You won't get rid of me THAT easy, folks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sun 19 Oct - 10:42

Quote :
No, her voice is worst than Charlotte Daysh's one...

And she's not cute either!

Mmm, I can understand you don't like Charlot because her voice is kiddy and nasal. Of course, I love Charlot's voice, but I know you don't like that kind of kiddy voices.
But Amy's voice... I don't understand. Her voice is classic. Good, but not "original". It's the 1st time I heard someone doesn't like her voice. Weird. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://kidsvocal.over-blog.com/
Caroline

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sun 19 Oct - 18:44

yey I hope Amy wins Very Happy

Number of posts : 3054

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sun 19 Oct - 20:40

Yes Kosm1fent, I was also surprised you do not like Amy's voice. Shocked

Well, for me, Amy is just another decent teen singer now, but in her first couple years, I thought she was fantastic. Great song selection and I have seen many live performace videos and it is like she doesn't know how to sing a wrong note. Her first CD is in my top 10. You can still be my friend though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sun 19 Oct - 20:51

girlsingerfan wrote:

Well, for me, Amy is just another decent teen singer now, but in her first couple years, I thought she was fantastic. Great song selection and I have seen many live performace videos and it is like she doesn't know how to sing a wrong note. Her first CD is in my top 10. You can still be my friend though. Smile
Well, thank you girlsingerfan! Very Happy

Well i don't like her, that's true... Cool and i believe that, if she wins, it would be a suicide for Sweden's hopes to go well in ESC... Anyway, i appreciate that you don't not cheerlead Amy (as Rakugaki does... Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Music91

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Fri 31 Oct - 22:36

kosm1fent wrote:
girlsingerfan wrote:

Well, thank you girlsingerfan! Very Happy

Well i don't like her, that's true... Cool and i believe that, if she wins, it would be a suicide for Sweden's hopes to go well in ESC... Anyway, i appreciate that you don't not cheerlead Amy (as Rakugaki does... Laughing )

I Love Amy! I'm not the biggest fan, but I still have all her cds and seen her live a couple of times.. She is GREAT on stage and I actually think her voice is original! No matter what song she sings I'll know its her singing and to me thats a very good thing! Smile
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sat 1 Nov - 22:27

Music91 wrote:
I Love Amy! I'm not the biggest fan, but I still have all her cds and seen her live a couple of times.. She is GREAT on stage and I actually think her voice is original! No matter what song she sings I'll know its her singing and to me thats a very good thing! Smile
Well, in my dreams i'm throwing her nice, big, red tomatos (oops, i shouldn't say that! Laughing)

Seriously now, for me Amy is a just okay singer. And i dissagree, she is not original at all...
Back to top Go down
stardust

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Mon 12 Jan - 12:50

She's entering again for 2009 but I want Molly Sanden to win, otherwise Amy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.junioreurosong.net
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Tue 13 Jan - 4:12

Oh OK, just one more time on this subject of how good is Amy. Not that it really does any good. It is not like just by my words or someone else's, someone is going to suddenly change their opinion.

As I said before, when Amy was first on the scene in a serious way(not the lip sync of Heaven is a Place on Earth), at age 12 and 13, she did many actual live performances. You can tell that they were not synced with professional recordings. In fact, I myself do not remember seeing even one video of her lip syncing(except the above mentioned one). Maybe she did once or twice, I don't know. She was singing live and she was just about perfect in tone and pitch and was really into the performances on an emotional level too. She really enjoyed what she was doing. My only complaint were the STUPID dancers she had with her sometimes. That is why most of my very favorite videos of her, they aren't in them.

I also think they came up with good songs for her. I pretty much agree with the general theme of many of her songs of kids independence and rights and so on. I especially liked the slower songs she did and wished she had done more of that. It Can Only Get Better and If I Ain't Got You. I also very much like this medium tempo, softer song for her.

Don't Cry Your Heart Out

Another favorite with lyrics and Amy photos.
All The Money In the World.

As I have commented in a couple other places, when these child singers are quite good when they are like 13 or younger, it is more special and amazing to most of us I think. When they get older, it is only natural to hold them to a higher standard or just to miss their childhood singing voice and style and spirit. For me, I always hope they will develop their own unique thing and maybe even get into the creative side, such as helping compose the songs. It was somewhat of a disappointment to me that Amy so far has stayed on the safe path and not gotten too adventurous. I would like to see her do something that sets her apart from the many decent teen singers out there. Something like Jenny Lewis or the two young girls from M2M (Marion Raven and Marit Larsen), who were stars as teens but now are doing good stuff separately in their 20s. She is still a very good singer, but just not as interesting for me at this time.

One I like from the 2nd CD, done when she was 16 I think.
Takes One to Know One. Again, lyrics and photos.

Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Tue 13 Jan - 17:35

girlsingerfan wrote:
Don't Cry Your Heart Out

I like this acoustic version. It's very different from the album version. Smile
Back to top Go down
moorvis

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Tue 13 Jan - 19:36

Yes, this one of Don't cry your heart out from Nyhetsmorgon is one of my favorites too! It's very different from the album version, but still works very well. Amy's voice doesn't need any kind of special accompaniment to sound good. And nice to see that they put some real effort in this performance instead of just playing the same background tape.

And, takes one to know one is from her third album Music in Motion..
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sat 17 Jan - 20:33

stardust wrote:
She's entering again for 2009 but I want Molly Sanden to win, otherwise Amy.
MOLLY!!! Love
Back to top Go down
Alantrix

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Mon 23 Mar - 5:55

Having seen Amy's performances of 'Thank you' and 'It's my life', I am so glad Amy didn't win Melodifestivalen. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge supporter of Amy and I think she is a fantastic singer both recorded and live. I just don't support much of the material chosen for her. Thank You was well sung, a solid song but rather cheap, and It's My Life was just dismal. It was bland, repetitive and the wrong range for Amy - and once again, the insistance on having so many cheesy dancers just made it worse. I love listening to Amy and I think she had - and still has - tremendous potential to be taken seriously and could really make a mark and reach people with good messages in her music. Unfortunately, she is getting to old to get away with the cliche lyrics she is used to and if her management team don't wisen up to this very soon she may end up a thing of the past while her talent, enthusiasm and vocal identity make her deserve so much more.

On the topic of cliched songs though, some of my favourite Amy songs are full of cliches, but they somehow avoid being too cheap and they maintain some credibilty. Her new stuff just doesn't carry that credibility like her early stuff did.

In closing, and for those of you who like lists, here are my top favourites from each of Amy's albums:

This is Me Now
1 - One of the Ones
2 - Shooting Star
3 - Hello
4 - If I Ain't Got You (Live)
5 - Another Day

Still Me, Still Now
1 - No Regrets
2 - Life's What You Make It
3 - My Name is Love
4 - Big Guns
5 - It Can Only Get Better

I have only heard 'Stay My Baby' and 'Is it Love?' from Music in Motion, and I haven't heard any from Amy's Christmas album; I will say that I wasn't impressed with Is It Love? but Stay My Baby got under my skin quickly and I definitley prefer Amy's original to Miranda Cosgrove's cover.

This post may seem very critical of Amy, but I'm only daring to say things like this because I believe she is capable of so much more. Let's just hope she unlocks that potential...

Last edited by Alantrix on Mon 30 Mar - 7:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Mon 23 Mar - 21:15

Music in Motion is a very good album. More mature. You really have to listen it ! Smile
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Mon 23 Mar - 21:46

You know what i think of Amy, so no need to post them here... Razz
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Tue 24 Mar - 2:00

Hello Alantrix, I must admit I have not been paying attention to Amy and the Melodifestivalen. It is because of what you say. I mostly agree with you, but I myself think that many of the songs on her first two albums were excellent songs. Lyrics is a thing that is hard to say much about and have everyone understand and agree, but my personal opinion is that only a small percentage of songs really have lyrics that rise above the average. I have always thought that she had a great writing team, which was most often Tysper/Mack/Grizzly. Some of the songs I thought had great lyrics, and some were OK or good. For me, lyrics are third in importance after the music and the vocal. Emotion is also important, but more of an individual perception thing that is hard to judge sometimes. For me, the combination of these three things that made almost all the songs on the first two albums so good, really went downhill after that. I don´t know what happened. Amy´s voice hasn´t changed that much. It is the songwriting. She is so talented, especially live, she really needs to go a more adventurous direction and find an identity.

I like all the songs on your lists. Very Happy
Always hated the stupid dancers. What could be the purpose of that?
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Sun 29 Mar - 20:52

Just to clarify something that I do not think I was so clear on for the earlier posts. For me, Amy's first two albums (CDs) were quite good. They are almost like a part 1 and 2 for me. I believe they were made about a year apart, and they seem to be so close in production, song craft, vocals and such, that they kind of blend into one really long CD for me. Laughing

I just haven't been so excited about her since then. Hope she finds her way and gets rid of the stupid dancers. Mad
Back to top Go down
kosm1fent

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Mon 30 Mar - 18:45

girlsingerfan wrote:
Hope she finds her way and gets rid of the stupid dancers. Mad
No no no, she won't! Razz
Back to top Go down
Caroline

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Mon 30 Mar - 20:49

kosm1fent, we all know you do not like Amy Wink
Back to top Go down
http://celine-helgemo.piczo.com
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Diamond (Sweden)   Mon 2 Dec - 5:30

Another in my Where Are They Now quest, The main reason I am doing this is not to actually show you the music or voice they have now, but to those that may not go back that far, or for those that maybe forgot some of these, this is a chance for you to check out their kid singing days while you are here.

I without a doubt consider Amy Diamond along with Maria Isabel and Aselin Debison as the foundations for my Girl Singer collection on Youtube. Her first two CDs are still major, major favorites for me. She started recording her first CD when she was still 12, but I think it was released when she was 13, as she is now 21 according to her wikipedia. She had songwriters writing songs just for her to sing, and they did such a great job of supplying her with songs that fit her perfectly. See/hear how strong she still sounds. She is still so very good.

Back to top Go down

Amy Diamond (Sweden)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2