~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
karitu

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 28/06/2011

MessageSujet: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Mar 28 Juin - 19:47

OFFICIAL FANCLUB SITES

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/pages/Christell-Rodriguez/38291171986 // www.facebook.com/christellstar
TWITTER (FANS OFFICIAL): www.twitter.com/ChristellStar
YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/christellstar

MORE INFO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christell

I would say Christell Rodriguez is one of the most famous child singer in latinamerica. Today she is 13 year old, but she hit the fame at 5 after winning a tv contest as the impersonator of the singer Maria Jose Quintanilla in the popular Chilean TV Show "Rojo Fama Contrafama". Her first album was recorded after a few monthes of success and recognition for her talent. Christell became a sales record in the country. She has recorded 3 albums since she was 5 years old, gaining 15 platinum discs to date. At 7 years old she became the youngest artist ever to get a nomitation to the Latin Grammy for her second album.

At 7 years old Christell made a tour in Mexico, Puerto Rico and the USA, gaining a Gold Disc in Mexico. At 10 Christell re-appeared on tv as a young actress doing live theatre for a tv channel. She partcipated in various plays till she was 11 years old.

Today Christell keeps on singing and dancing as always. Even though she hasn't recorded any new album since she was 8 years old, we get to see her on tv every time she is invited. In 2010 at 12 years old, Christell created, directed and produced her own video clip of a mexican cover which uses the melody of an english song (Turning Japanese) A new album is awaited =)

Christell's biggest hit is a spanish cover called "Mueve el Ombligo". Christell popularized this spanish song in latinamerica.

SOON: More videos from these years in my next post, I didnt want to make a post this long Wink
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
karitu

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Mar 28 Juin - 20:08

Christell singing through the years, hope you like it =)

Christell's 1st performance ever on tv at 5 years old (starts singing at 1:00min)

And here we begin with the countdown =P

2003 --> 5 years old singing "Mi Primer Amor" by Maria Jose Quintanilla (not one of her songs)

2004 --> 6 years old singing "Un Lugar Celestial" by Jaci Velasquez (starts singing at 1:00min / not one of her songs)

2005 --> 7 years old singing "Las cosas cambian" by Luis Jara (Not one of her songs)

2006 --> 8 years old singing "Mueve el Ombligo" (Song from her first album)

2008 --> 10 years old singing "Pero me acuerdo de ti" by Christina Aguilera (Not one of her songs)

2009 --> 11 years old singing "Stop" by Sam Brown (Not one of her songs)

2010 --> 12 years old singing "No estoy ni ahi" (Song from her second album)

2011 --> 13 years old singing "How can I not love you" by Joy Enriquez (Not one of her songs)

As you can see most of the songs are not from her albums because most of her live performances are not of her own songs. So later I will post some fun videos of her own songs so you can listen to the music of her albums. They were all songs for children of course, but very fun though for all ages =)
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3048
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Mer 29 Juin - 21:06

Hey Karitu! Thanks for the hard work. I would probably be more excited about this, except I have been pretty familiar with Christell over the past several years on Youtube. I think I discovered her very early on when I started on Youtube over 4 years ago. I especially like her video of Mueve El Ombligo, which is my favorite song and video from Irune and Maria Jesus. I believe there is a video of her in the audience at a Maria Isabel performance and she meets her and talks with her. Thanks for reminding me of her, as I have not checked out her latest videos of the past year or two.

You might like the thread I started called Newer Ones In Spanish from t.v. shows. I believe Christell was posted in that, but it was a long time ago. That thread is on page two right now, not too far down on that page. Check it out. Enjoy!
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
fangji

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 27/07/2010

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Jeu 30 Juin - 15:25

i like her videoclip on the first post. she is cute in that video.
karitu

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Sam 2 Juil - 16:47

Hi you both! Smile thank you for your comments, I'm glad you like Christell Smile

girlsingerfan, I think the video you are referring to is the first one of my second post, "the first tv appearence ever". (With Maria Isabel did you mean Maria Jose?

oh and I will search that thread you said Smile
karitu

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Sam 2 Juil - 18:06

more videos of her performances =)

5 years old singing "Trabalengua"

5 years old singing "Jerigonza"

12 years old singing "Mueve el Ombligo"

10 years old singing "Stop"

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Dim 10 Juil - 23:36

Yes Karitu. Maybe I am remembering wrong. I have not seen the video in a long time and maybe it is no longer on Youtube. It was a t.v. show and it was either Christell or maybe Maria Figueroa that was in the audience and meets MIsabel. Christell and Maria Figueroa are very similar and same age, so maybe they are mixed up in my memory from a few years ago.
karitu

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Mar 12 Juil - 20:45

oh yeah that probably was Maria Figueroa since Christell has never been to Spain. Maria Figueroa and Maria Isabel are from Spain, Christell is from Chile Smile
karitu

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Jeu 4 Sep - 18:51

Wow its been a while since I havent post here :O mainly because I changed my email and I use to come here with my old email.

I was going through some threads and I got motivated to post some new videos of christell Smile She is 16 years old now.

Singing Oh Happy Days

Bleeding Love

Contigo en la Distancia

I have Nothing

Hope you enjoy the videos Very Happy
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Ven 5 Sep - 1:31

Hey Kiritu, sure has been a long time. Christell was such a great little performer when she was a preteen and I remember her well in my early days on Youtube. Thanks for reminding us of her.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)   Aujourd'hui à 14:23

Christell (7yo Grammy nominee from Chile)
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1