~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Hannah Richardson

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Priory Soul

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 13/10/2010

MessageSujet: Hannah Richardson   Mer 13 Oct - 7:29

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://newpriory.org
fangji

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 27/07/2010

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Mer 13 Oct - 15:31

Hannah has her own style.
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Mer 13 Oct - 16:34

Yeah, and I don't like very much...

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Mer 13 Oct - 18:37

Hannah's mother sent me a message saying that somebody posted a mean comment about her new video
"when i look at you"

sorry, but Hannah Richardson is probably THE MOST GREATEST SINGER ON YOUTUBE.

why don't you like her Rakugaki?
what's not to like?
pig
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3048

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Jeu 14 Oct - 4:58

Well, well. Here is Hannah finally on the forum. I have known of Hannah probably since she first started on Youtube, but I don´t remember posting her. I am thinking now that I probably should have, because I figured she would bring an interesting discussion and divided opinions. You know why I thought that? Because she has brought a interesting discussion inside my own head and even I have divided opinions. Very Happy

This is going to be a little longer than usual comment post, because a singer like Hannah calls for it.

First of all, to new member Priory Soul. Welcome and thanks for your posts. I was tempted to go into an explanation of how posts go in this forum and how you should take them, but I have changed my mind about that. I am going to try to keep it more simple.

First of all, Rakugaki is not going to be too excited about a singer like Hannah, because he usually doesn´t like child singers that sound or try to sound very adult. He does not like power singing usually, but prefers either pretty or cute voices. He also prefers uptempo stuff, but does like some slow stuff. Don´t worry about that. You can try to convince him or others to see it your way, but it would be a waste of time. It is better to do what I do. Just make fun of it all. Even I occasionally make a negative comment, or maybe I should say, non-positive comment, but I never get mean. I always try to word it in a softer way and always suggest to others to do the same when it comes to child singers.

I am going to try to explain my view of Hannah, and all those who know me, know that I am very accepting and open and easy to please when it comes to Girl Singers.

When I first saw Hannah, I knew she had the tools, or raw talent to eventually be quite good, but she really needed refining. Now that she has done some of that refining, I will tell you what I see and hear.

If all Hannah did was Showbiz or Broadway kind of tunes and presentations, her quirky personality and big grande voice would be what people expect and it would all fit perfectly. However, she does so many kinds of music and many simple homemade videos, so this is what she should work towards when not doing a broadway like stage presentation or song.

Her quirky personality and faces she makes are endearing or interesting if toned down to a certain level.
Sure she has a big voice, but so many,(not just her) child singers overdo that when they have a more powerful voice. Her voice is wonderful when she mellows it out some. The power notes and lines are fine when balanced with the right amount of softer singing. Her latest videos shows she is getting vocal training lately, but I have always thought that all singers, both child and adult, should not sound ´too trained´but more natural. Maybe if a singer wants to do what Jackie Evancho does, then the very trained sound is OK with me, but otherwise, let the training do all for your voice that it should, but don´t let the training strangle the natural. Does this make sense?

That is enough explaining that kind of thing for now. I just want to say to end that I think a personality and voice such as Hannah would be great for stage work and musicals. If she wants to do other stuff, then she can be real good at that also if she just keeps everything under control and tones it down a little and finds the balance with her very pretty voice she also possesses.

Here are a couple videos/songs I like by her.

http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Jeu 14 Oct - 17:04

Well, thanks girlsingerfan, you explain things better than me in english.

She's not a bad singer, ok, but I don't like that kind of voice. That's just me. Smile

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 14/03/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Jeu 14 Oct - 18:21

Hannah is such a character! I could swear I have posted her Blue Bayou here somewhere. Although she isn't quite precise enough singer to my taste, but she's very entertaining.
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Ven 15 Oct - 21:14

Actually Moorvis, I have watched Hannah enough from the beginning to now and I think she has become better and better with age and training, and she is becoming pretty precise as you word it. I think with the huge voice, she would sometimes go a little flat when trying to power it too much. I see signs of her getting control of that and as long as she brings it all down a notch or two, she can be very good. As far as just the tool of her voice, she has tremendous potential, especiallly as I said, for broadway like stuff.

I think it is great that Priory Soul is such a big fan and defender. I like that! Remember that the Internet and Youtube ar free and open, and you will see people be rude or mean, even to children. I wish I could say all people are considerate and intelligent, but of course, we know that is not true.

Hannah is showing her training is paying off pretty good in this video.

Priory Soul

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Sam 16 Oct - 5:54

She has great volume, stamina and power, and a wholesomeness that sets her apart.
Here's two of my favorites.

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Sam 16 Oct - 20:55

Now those two songs are perfect for Hannah. Good songs for her power. Still would like to hear a few more quieter, pretty notes, because I know she has a softer pretty voice too, but these are two of her very best videos for sure. The second video really proves what I said about her threatrical, broadway kind of song/performances being her forte. That second video also sounds like a studio recording. It is very good quality. Do you know if she is doing much in the studio Priory Soul? Anyway, great post. Thanks. Very Happy
Priory Soul

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Dim 17 Oct - 0:29

Mary and Hannah don't seem too concerned with studio time, or demo CDs.
I have a Christmas CD that she put out last year but I'm not sure if they're doing it this year.
She auditions every couple months for some kids talent competitions, and sometimes wins.

Hannah has a huge repertoire of songs on youtube, and adds new ones every month, which is nice.
I know where you're driving about her voice, it isn't so high pitched and squeaky shrill as most girls her age.
I tend to prefer the high pitched shrillness of little girls too, that's what separates and makes them better than adult vocalist. Hannah has an interesting shape to her mouth that lends a deeper quality to her voice that sounds mature for her age.
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Mer 20 Oct - 22:34

I know what you are trying to say Priory Soul and I pretty much agree with you. However, I don´t think that squeaky or shrill are the correct words to use. Both of those words have negative connotations. I guess for some singers, there is a bit of squeakiness or shrillness, but I don´t think it is that that I look for or hope for. I don´t know for sure how to describe it, but I guess the most simple way to say it is this way. For me, Girl Singers I enjoy have either a pretty voice, a cute voice or a voice that is more mature and so defies their age. Rakugaki does not like the third kind I just mentioned. Sometimes a Girl Singer may have a voice that is so different or unique, that she stands out for that reason. I am easy to please. If a Girl Singer can mostly hit the right notes, I will probably think that singer is somewhere between OK and Great. I am not very picky for music styles or various languages and a few slightly off notes do not kill it for me.

Since you do not mind the more adult sounding Girl Singers, please check out one of my very first favorites I found on Youtube three years ago I think it was. She is Sarah Niemietz. I have just posted something new so as to bring that thread back to the top. She is a powerful and more adult sounding Girl Singer, but listen to as many of the videos on page one of the thread as you can, and you will see/hear that she never really loses that little girl voice completely. For me, she was the perfect balance for the mature and powerful, but still little girl sounding voice. Not only that, but there was so much emotion and soul in that voice. Her new video I posted shows she still has it for feeling and soul, as well as technically great voice. Most of the videos on page one of that thread are from her Live at the Cat Club DVD, which I think is maybe still for purchase.
Priory Soul

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Jeu 21 Oct - 2:45

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like the shrill squeakiness too.
There is an angelic quality to the voices of all children that they usually lose around age 14 or so.
I'll check out your other posts. And I'll post my favorite Shealeigh video, she was on Ellen Show today!
She had the shrill squeaky quality that I adore, but her voice has changes since then, you'll see what I mean...
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Mer 8 Juin - 21:08

A new one I really enjoyed from the little girl with the big personality and big voice to go along with it.

fangji

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Sam 11 Juin - 12:35

she is funny. i know this kind of music is difficult to sing and she's good with this.
good video. Wink
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Mar 24 Avr - 2:32

I had not really been watching Hannah lately until I discovered some newer videos I really like today. Many of the videos posted in this thread before don't work anymore. I think it has been mentioned before that this girl has a HUGE voice and a big personality to go with it. She is a little quirky acting, but if that doesn't bother you, you have to admit this girl has one of the biggest preteen voices to ever exist. She really bounces around the musica styles with jazz standards, country, and broadway showtunes kind of music. She did win at the Apollo Theater for Stars of Tomorrow or something like that.

I call Hannah the 'Jackie Evancho' of jazz standards/broadway/country music. She is other worldly. She brings back the spirit of Lena Zavaroni, only with an even bigger voice than Lena had.

My favorite video of Hannah that I posted her has become private. Sad
I am editing and putting this one here instead.

This is pretty amazing too.

If you kinda of like country music. She can do that too.

Hannah from about a year ago.

Dernière édition par girlsingerfan le Sam 5 Mai - 20:19, édité 1 fois
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Sam 5 Mai - 20:06

Hey Fangji and Moorvis. Where are you when I need a post? I also just sent a pm to Priory Soul who started this thread. Need a little action here. Even if you are not a big fan of little girls who sound more like adults, you have to admit this girl is almost a prodigy. She is super talented musically and one of the biggest voices ever for a Girl Singer.
moorvis

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Dim 6 Mai - 18:41

It goes without mentioning that she is great! Very Happy She has a powerful voice and a very characteristic style.

Looks like she's auditioning for AGT this year, let's wish her good luck!

fangji

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Lun 7 Mai - 14:21

i don't know this song. her style is something different.
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Mar 8 Mai - 18:24

The video that I posted first in the group of videos above was removed from public viewing and so I replaced it with another. At the same time, I sent a message to Hannah and her parents asking what happened to it and how much I liked it. They apologized and said they would put it back up. They did that, so I am posting it again here. This is one of my top 3 favorites by Hannah. I think it is a perfect example of her having possibly the biggest preteen voice I have ever heard, apart from Jackie Evancho, who is a different kind of big.

moorvis

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Jeu 10 Mai - 17:55

Such a great performance!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Hannah Richardson   Aujourd'hui à 0:47

Hannah Richardson