~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stardust

avatar

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Fri 11 Jun - 12:47

Hi Smile
This girl Brianna has made the final of Australia's got Talent. She's so good I had to make a thread. But I think she is best at more the theatre, musical theatre, than plain singing. She's 12.



Here she sings Popular (my favourite performance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esW8w0umu6g

Here Don't Rain on my Parade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTg9tYA8v38

Here's The Prayer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCeWhJVOBWs

She's competing against Bobi Andonov from Junior Eurovision 2008.
Back to top Go down
http://www.junioreurosong.net
Rakugaki
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2928
Localisation : Paris
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Fri 11 Jun - 16:13

Not bad singer, but she's better in the musical song, you're right.
Back to top Go down
http://kidsvocal.over-blog.com/
girlsingerfan

avatar

Number of posts : 3053
Localisation : San Diego, CA/Tijuana, MX
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Fri 11 Jun - 23:12

Well, this is one of those that clearly show how the members here have different tastes. The judges on this show pretty much say what I think and feel about this young lady. The musical theatre, show tunes kind of thing is fine, but the final performance shows that she can step out of that and do even better. I like that third performance best, and I think the judges did also. Well, since she is ´crying a ballad´and has a heavy vibrato, I knew Raku would not like the last one so much. I myself like ballads fine and vibrato does not bother me. For me, I like some musical theatre singing, as I have posted some of it on the forum. However, I like it in limited quantity. It is not a favorite kind of thing. When I heard Brianna in the first two videos, she sounded TOO MUCH like musical theatre or Disney character in a animated movie. I was wondering if she could sing more normal and I had doubts. I was wrong. She sounds better to me when she does regular music.
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
stardust

avatar

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Sat 12 Jun - 7:49

girlsingerfan wrote:
Well, this is one of those that clearly show how the members here have different tastes. The judges on this show pretty much say what I think and feel about this young lady. The musical theatre, show tunes kind of thing is fine, but the final performance shows that she can step out of that and do even better. I like that third performance best, and I think the judges did also. Well, since she is ´crying a ballad´and has a heavy vibrato, I knew Raku would not like the last one so much. I myself like ballads fine and vibrato does not bother me. For me, I like some musical theatre singing, as I have posted some of it on the forum. However, I like it in limited quantity. It is not a favorite kind of thing. When I heard Brianna in the first two videos, she sounded TOO MUCH like musical theatre or Disney character in a animated movie. I was wondering if she could sing more normal and I had doubts. I was wrong. She sounds better to me when she does regular music.

I think my problem with the third one is that she misses a few notes in a quite obvious way, which I mean given her age and lack of training isn't surprising.. also I just prefer Popular as a song (I think Brianna does a better version than the original, her charisma!).. the last song I find boring Razz Well All better than #2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.junioreurosong.net
Caroline

avatar

Number of posts : 802
Age : 25
Localisation : Norway
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Tue 15 Jun - 15:18

I just found out that I like Brianna a lot. No matter what style she does, I think but I also think she was BORN for musicals.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://celine-helgemo.piczo.com
stardust

avatar

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Mon 21 Jun - 13:13

Caroline wrote:
I just found out that I like Brianna a lot. No matter what style she does, I think but I also think she was BORN for musicals.

Yay Very Happy
Here's a performance of her opening up the grand finale results show, it is.. spectacular. Very Happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkWhPRZuIAo

Spot Bobi Andonov too Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.junioreurosong.net
Caroline

avatar

Number of posts : 802
Age : 25
Localisation : Norway
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Mon 21 Jun - 14:06

Thank you that one is great!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://celine-helgemo.piczo.com
girlsingerfan

avatar

Number of posts : 3053
Localisation : San Diego, CA/Tijuana, MX
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Sat 26 Jun - 0:51

Hey Stardust, I hope you don´t mind if I call attention to a former child singer from Australia. She is proably about 20 years old now. Do you know Nikki Webster? I believe she first came to attention by singing at the 2000 Olympics. She then did professional recordings and some movie work I think. She is still making music and far removed from her childhood image, if you know what I mean. At first, I was going to post a couple videos here, but then I realized that both are offical music video clips, so I put them into the One Day/One Clip thread instead.

Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
stardust

avatar

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Sat 26 Jun - 9:31

girlsingerfan wrote:
Hey Stardust, I hope you don´t mind if I call attention to a former child singer from Australia. She is proably about 20 years old now. Do you know Nikki Webster? I believe she first came to attention by singing at the 2000 Olympics. She then did professional recordings and some movie work I think. She is still making music and far removed from her childhood image, if you know what I mean. At first, I was going to post a couple videos here, but then I realized that both are offical music video clips, so I put them into the One Day/One Clip thread instead.


I remember her, I think she sort of.. the image of her isn't very liked here? So people scorn child singers and say "we don't need another Nikki Webster". I don't remember her when she was a kid?
Back to top Go down
http://www.junioreurosong.net
girlsingerfan

avatar

Number of posts : 3053
Localisation : San Diego, CA/Tijuana, MX
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)   Sat 26 Jun - 19:10

Hmmmm?????? Well, I don't know the history or whatever. Seems weird though. Even though she is very grown up now and has a very sensual/sexy image, who can say something bad about when she was a sweet kid and I think most people liked her when she sang at the opening/closing of the Olympics. The only thing I can think of is that most Australians don't like kid singers and she is a representative of someone that somehow got popular for awhile anyway and they will not forgive themselves for letting that happen? Or maybe they don't like that she went from being a wholesome kid to a whole different thing as a grownup? This has happened many times in the U.S. Look at Christina Augilera in the Mickey Mouse Club and then see her recent video which is almost pornographic, with lesbian imagery. I was a little shocked and I am not shocked so easily, but it has no bearing on my thoughts of child singers.

Even if you do not remember her, you can watch the two videos I posted in the other thread and comment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
 
Brianna Bishop (Australian singer)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Australian Pink Floyd Show , Grand Rex 8 mars 2010
» "Big Bad John" Singer Jimmy Dean Passes Away At Age 81
» Country singer Bill Phillips dies at 72: updated
» Youngstown singer-songwriter George Jones of The Edsels dies
» Le gros cube - Queen Bishop

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~Kids Vocal~ Forum :: Forum général :: Artists of the world-
Jump to: