~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3055
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Tue 31 Mar - 3:58

I recently posted the first video of Lukeja singing while playing guitar. I first found her almost 2 years ago and for a long time, she just posted videos of her singing at home with a music track. I always thought she had potential and really enjoyed herself as she was singing, and I really liked her spirit. It is good to see her getting more serious about her music and getting to be OK at the guitar.

I like this second video with guitar more than the other one. I think it is a difficult song, but she does it pretty good with it.

Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
moorvis

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Tue 31 Mar - 5:57

Lukeja gets better towards the end, but before that she has pitch problem like many other hopeful performers. She's too vague regarding pitch and never really hits the notes, that I cannot enjoy the music. But as long as she enjoys singing, there's hope left that she learns.
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Tue 7 Apr - 3:47

These Castillo Kids are getting better and better, but the most amazing thing for me about them is how versatile they are. Even though the edges remain to be refined, they are so abundant with talent. I think all of them play at least 3 different instruments. In every video, they have a different look(hair and such), a different setting, a different physical thing to add to the song, and of course, different costumes. Add this to the amazing variety of songs they have tried, some of course with greater success than others, and even different languages. I knew they did a little Spanish before and their last name being Castillo, this did not surprise me. Now they have done a African language song and here is a newer video in Japanese!! Shocked

Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2931

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Tue 7 Apr - 16:36

Whaaa, an Hikaru Utada cover !! Shocked
Nice !!
This cover is a bit far from the original song but still fine and well sung.
I love that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://kidsvocal.over-blog.com/
AmericanAssolFan

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Viola Uotila   Mon 27 Apr - 12:30

Here is a very high quality video that I uploaded to You Tube. I don't know much about this girl except that she is Finnish. Her voice is immature, but her pitch is perfect. I think she will be great when she gets a little older.

Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Mon 27 Apr - 16:25

Yeah, we have already talked about her somewhere... (Moorvis, help me)
I have her 3 CDs. She's cute and decent singer but I'm not really fan of her way of singing and it's probably due to the style of music.
Back to top Go down
moorvis

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Mon 27 Apr - 19:16

Hi and welcome, AmericanAssolFan! Nice to hear you like the quality in the clip, thanks. Cool

I just recently uploaded one more new performance by Viola. She's still about 8 in them, but she's 11 now and has released her third album, which also contains some music written by her. She was interviewed in the radio a month or two ago, and sang some songs too. I recorded that too, but I still haven't had time to put it on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Tue 28 Apr - 4:07

Hello again AmericanAssolFan. I know it is difficult to be new in a forum like this that has been going on for awhile and be not fully aware. When you get some extra time and want to, just go through the various threads for the ones that look interesting and maybe just glance through the pages and stop when something really catches your attention. I believe Moorvis is the one who originally posted Viola on youtube and I posted Viola stuff on page 1,2 and 4 at the time of this post. This video you posted was not here though, so that it totally cool! Smile I like her playing on this one very much. Her voice is interesting, but maybe not great when she first started. I think she has gotten a little better. She is certainly something unique.
Back to top Go down
AmericanAssolFan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Wed 29 Apr - 8:40

What I like most about Viola is how flawlessly she plays. In he earlier videos she was only strumming a smaller instrument and sometimes stumbled a little bit, but her newer videos her playing is complex and absolutely perfect.
Back to top Go down
shurdley

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 15 May - 3:50

girlsingerfan wrote:
This is Viola Uotila playing an instrument called a kantele and singing. A boy, maybe her brother gives some support. I do not know where Viola is from, but maybe Rakugakids can say or maybe someone knows the language she is singing in. Eastern Europe somewhere I think.

Viola Uotila Ruoho huojuu tuulessa

She only has two on youtube. Here is the other one.
I think this is her father with her. I do not know for sure what she is playing. It is different than the instrument in the first video.

Viola & Tomi Uotila: Tuuditan tulisoroista

I think Viola is from Norway and she has a lovely voice indeed. Someone at Connie's forum started a thread on her as well.
Back to top Go down
moorvis

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 15 May - 5:04

Viola is from Finland and sings in Finnish. She plays the Kantele, which is a "national instrument" here in Finland. She also plays celtic harp and cello. And yes, it's her twin brother Anton, and her dad in some of the videos.

She is currently 12 years old and released her third album for Christmas. She even composed and arranged some of the songs for it (and the song is great in my opinion). She's not very famous here, I think I've made her more famous on Youtube worldwide than she's here in Finland. Anyway she's been interviewed on the radio and maybe on TV too before I had heard about her.

I joined Connies forum already to update some info about her, but I still haven't posted anything... Razz
Back to top Go down
shurdley

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 15 May - 14:48

moorvis wrote:
Viola is from Finland and sings in Finnish. She plays the Kantele, which is a "national instrument" here in Finland. She also plays celtic harp and cello. And yes, it's her twin brother Anton, and her dad in some of the videos.

She is currently 12 years old and released her third album for Christmas. She even composed and arranged some of the songs for it (and the song is great in my opinion). She's not very famous here, I think I've made her more famous on Youtube worldwide than she's here in Finland. Anyway she's been interviewed on the radio and maybe on TV too before I had heard about her.

I joined Connies forum already to update some info about her, but I still haven't posted anything... Razz

Thank you so much for correcting me. I do appreciate that. And welcome to Connie's forum and please do update Viola's information. Very Happy
I have listened to a couple of her youtube videos and I was very impressed with her. She a beautiful girl with a lovely voice and is obviously very talented.
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Thu 21 May - 3:11

Another from Anna Grace. I like her style so much. She needs a little refinement in her vocals, but she is so impressive for her age. She just turned 9 and she has already written several songs. She sings with a little soul on this one.

Last edited by girlsingerfan on Fri 22 May - 2:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shurdley

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Thu 21 May - 4:18

I agree with you GSF. She is a diamond in the rough. She has all the qualities...just lacking a bit of spit and polish. I really like her style.
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Thu 21 May - 7:50

Oh yeah, I love her new song. She really has a nice voice and talent for singing. And she's so cute. Smile
Back to top Go down
AmericanAssolFan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Thu 21 May - 8:45

She puts a lot of feeling into her singing. Give her a couple of years. Her talent will blossom.
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 22 May - 2:33

A little edit on my previous post. Anna Grace is just turned 9. She hits a bad note here and there, but she really has a good voice and you add that with the piano playing and songwriting, and I think she could be a major artist eventually.
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 28 Aug - 4:16

Everyone remember Anna Grace? She isn't looking so tiny anymore. She is still so young though. I think 9. She is going to be sooooooooo good I think. She has written several songs already. Amazing! Shocked

Last edited by girlsingerfan on Thu 1 Oct - 2:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 28 Aug - 8:14

Yeah, I've seen that video. Anna Grace has really a great voice, I love that. She's probably my favorite YouTube singer. Really amazing, as you said ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caroline

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 28 Aug - 13:51

Did she write that song too? I like it better than the other song.
Anyways I really like her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://celine-helgemo.piczo.com
shurdley

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 28 Aug - 14:02

She is great!
Back to top Go down
moorvis

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 28 Aug - 15:34

She's good, but I think there are also some better musicians on Youtube. Maybe she needs a better keyboard instead of that toy. But she's cute and very promising!
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Thu 1 Oct - 2:30

I got a new one for here. I first discovered this girl maybe almost a year ago. She was OK then and I thought she had potential and she for sure had a real sweetness in her spirit and voice. Well, I think she is getting to be pretty good. I love this new one. I like the words too. Very Happy

This is Annie Pattison.

Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Thu 1 Oct - 16:42

Oh yes, very cute, thanks. She really has potential, that's sure ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Wed 9 Dec - 5:21

I really, really enjoy the talent of Anna Grace, who is posted on this thread ealier several times, so here are two more good songs she has written. For a change, these videos are set to photos rather than live video at her house. I think she is getting to be a very good singer now. Remember, she is also playing keyboards on these. She is for sure right up there with Marnee and Almira Fawn with me as a true artist, not just a good singer. I believe that Anna Grace is the youngest of these three to write original songs. She started at 7. Now she is 9.

She sings some great high notes on this one. I love this one. Great song.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   

Back to top Go down

Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next