~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Tonie

Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2014-09-06

PostSubject: Nastya Kormishina   Tue 16 Aug - 11:57

I like this kid enough that I may start a thread for her. scratch

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Thu 18 Aug - 21:20

OOOhhh my Tonie! Great discovery! I feel a new favorite coming on! Very Happy Another of those amazing hair girls. Very Happy again. That is a really good idea to start a thread for her. Go ahead and do that. I did look quick at a couple more videos and on my next session I will be doing more research on her, but tell us whatever you can find out about her.
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
WoefulMinion

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-08-30

PostSubject: Allie Graceman   Tue 30 Aug - 1:17

I've been a fan of Anna Graceman for a long time, but just discovered your forum. You were discussing Anna's band, Graceman, that has a couple of videos and asking about her sister's voice. I love it as much as Anna's. Here she's singing a lovely song of Anna's.

I heard her sing this live in Phoenix along with a wonderful song she had written. Incredible.
Back to top Go down
WoefulMinion

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Tue 30 Aug - 1:37

And here is an audio clip of Anna Graceman playing guitar at a writer's round. The audio's not perfect, but the song's stunning.
http://music.annagraceman.com/track/rain-live-version
Back to top Go down
PoorJew

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2016-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Wed 21 Sep - 23:28

So talented, so cute, so funny...

Los Luzeros de Rioverde - Los Barandales del Puente
Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Thu 22 Sep - 2:32

PoorJew wrote:
So talented, so cute, so funny...

Los Luzeros de Rioverde - Los Barandales del Puente
Agreed! Cute, talented and the little girl cheers
Back to top Go down
Sam1989

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Sun 2 Oct - 15:37

They call themselves Yaxeni and Ricardo, but their youtube videos go under "Los Luzeros De Rioverde" - I think it is their band name. Here's their youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RRIJ81/videos

Message from Anna:

New Album Released

We just Released a new album as a band! It's called 'Rebel Days'

Releasing it first to all of you Exclusive Subscribers on our Bandcamp.

Music and lyrics by Me. Produced by Me. Well except for Storm. Allie wrote Storm Smile

It's the closest thing to hearing us LIVE.

We just finished playing the Pilgrimage Festival. It was a Fantastic time!

If you want to get an early listen you can do so here. <3Anna

https://annagraceman.bandcamp.com/album/rebel-days

Last edited by Sam1989 on Sun 2 Oct - 22:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fisunov.blogspot.com/
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Wed 5 Oct - 3:40

For Tonie, Sam1989 and new poster WoefulMinion and anyone else keeping the Anna Graceman thing going here. I make this post in tribute and to make sure you have some history on her. Please read this whole post and then tell me what you think about my little history with Anna and family during the AGT time. This new album sounds great. I will buy it sometime this week I think. Allie´s voice is sounding so good now. We all love Anna´s singing, but more of Allie would be a fun and new thing.

It seems so long ago now that I first found Anna and posted her in this thread I had started. She was not the first I posted, but she was on here by page 2. I soon became so impressed by her and so confident she would continue to bring her wondrous gift, that I renamed the thread to make her name the head of it.

Check out what I posted the first time and see Anna when she first started.

The next one I am trying to decide if she is for real. Well, she is certainly real. What I mean is that it is hard to believe an 8 year old is already not only playing an instrument, but writing several songs and a couple say she wrote them when she was 7. Can that be?! I wonder if she gets a little help? But who knows, maybe not. She could be a true prodigy. She is not a fantastic singer yet, but I like her voice and and I see that she is also already developing her own style; her own thing, and not trying to be like all the major female recording artists she probably has heard. I also like the facial expressions she makes and she seems to also have that 'soul' thing going on. If she keeps going down this path, she could be absolutely amazing in a year or two. What do you guys think?

Did you know that Allie had a video go viral when she was 5? It has now 14 million views.

Here is Allie in 2013. She has gotten better of course, but this is so cute and fun. I just love the fact that the siblings formed the band and doing as expected, fantastic music.

I actually used to fairly regular correspondance with her father Aaron back when Anna was 9 to 12 or so. He sent me sneak preview private links of Anna videos a couple times and asking my opinion. He also asked me for suggestions of covers I thought Anna should do. He was keeping it a secret that Anna was about to appear on AGT. Even at the time she was on that, I was still telling him that I wanted Anna to do her originals on the show, but he seemed to hint that the producers and others told them it was better to do covers. It seems on the various talent shows, including American Idol, that usually the originals did not go over big. I still was strong in my opinion that songwriting was also her talent and she should bring that out, and win or lose with that. I was strong in my opinion, but expressed it to him softly and politely, and only once or twice. They went with the covers. Whether they were right or wrong then, it seems that idea did not hold up recently with Grace VanderWaal winning with ALL originals. Who knows what went on behind the scenes, but it seems like Anna was pretty much forced to forego her originals and Grace V was not. I could be totally wrong. It could be that if Anna did her originals, she would not have reached the top 10. Maybe Grace V is just the right one to break the rules and win. Very Happy

Last edited by girlsingerfan on Wed 5 Oct - 4:36; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Wed 5 Oct - 4:19

I am doing a second, separate post to thank PoorJew for his bring my attention to Los Luzeros De Rioverde. I hear this music often because of where I live and I maybe even get sick of it sometimes, but I really enjoyed it again when I saw this post and started to check them out more. For one thing, I love Yaxeniy´s style on the accordian and she is so pretty! I live in Tijuana, MX and wondered if they might perform there sometime, so I searched and found out they are not from Mexico. Here is what one guy wrote on the LatinTimes website.

Move over Los Tigres del Norte and Los Tucanes de Tijuana! A new duo is in town and ready to take the Norteño world by storm. Meet Yaxeniy and Ricardo, artistically known as Los Luzeros De Rioverde, who are a real phenomenon on social media. With Ricardito, 5, on the bajo sexto and the lovely 8-year-old Yax on the accordion, this young pair from Houston, TX is the most adorable and talented kids in town! We're not kidding, they have so much charisma, personality and energy that it's just too much too handle. Needless to say, they play norteño music like the big dogs and are already working on their second album (the first one can be found on CDBaby). Really, someone get "Los Luceros de Rioverde" on "The Ellen Show"!

Many of their videos are live or have a live ´feel´to them, but they do have a couple official music videos. Here is one of them.

One more for now. Thanks again PoorJew. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
WoefulMinion

PostSubject: Anna, her talent and AGT   Sat 15 Oct - 7:32

Girlsingerfan, sorry this is so long, but you've asked excellent questions and I felt they deserved a little fuller treatment.

As for the early post you quoted, I definitely think Anna at seven is for real and I don't think the definition of precocious means you must work in complete isolation. Even if she asked for a word or a critique of a song she was working on, the song idea is still hers and she makes the final decision about what goes in.

I didn't have Anna's drive, confidence, or self discipline, but I had thoughts as deep as hers and was as articulate when I was that age. I'm amazed at her talents and gifts, but I'm not incredulous.

My thoughts on the second point are that AGT is a reality show of a Las Vegas audition under the guise of a talent show, and the show prioritizes it's content in that order. So the first goal is to determine whether a performer can be fit into a reality-show meme. In Anna's case, they chose "small-town girl dreams big."

Even though Anna did well, reality-show rules require them to create drama so Anna was praised, but small, irrelevant criticisms were thrown in to keep the audience wondering and keep the story alive for the season.

The second element is that the show served as an audition for a Las Vegas run. So no matter how talented you are, if they don't think it will play in Las Vegas, the judge's dialog will be skewed and edited to put you in a bad light so the home audience will vote for the acts they think will work in Vegas.

In Anna's case, they didn't think a singer would sell tickets unless she played music the audience already knew, so no original songs. And even though she's brilliant, most adults have a definite bias against child singers and won't spend Las Vegas prices to see them. This includes the home audience, so that's why their voting didn't favor her.

Still, just to be sure they put Anna on a ridiculous knoll in a pretty dress that didn't match the style we'd come to know. They knew that Anna singing "True Colors" while not showing her true colors would make the audience question her talent. I don't believe it was an accident that they twisted her performance to hurt her chances.

Finally, they throw in the judges to give the illusion of a talent contest. But it was nothing of the sort. The producers really pick the winner. The irony is that Anna was brilliant in her Vegas residency, though audiences were small because AGT was marketing the other acts instead. I think their miscalculation is also why didn't have the money for the national tour.

Grace Vanderwaal is a sweet kid, but nowhere nearly as talented a vocalist nor songwriter as Anna at her age. But now people are more familiar with talented children from the Internet, so they give Grace the chance they wouldn't give Anna. Just to be sure, though, they're throwing a ferocious marketing effort behind her and having the judges swoon over her.

I wish all the best for Grace, but it does make me a little sick to my stomach how crass and manipulative television executives can be. And that they didn't give Anna a chance to show off her songwriting skills with songs that she wrote with her voice in mind.

Anna's finally found a home in Nashville and is getting the recognition she deserves, but she's had to fight for it every step of the way (though in fairness, she and her family have passed on some opportunities to give her time to develop her talents and maintain her independence).

And "Rebel Days" is a phenomenal achievement. She's such an extraordinary singer, songwriter, musician and producer.
Back to top Go down
Sam1989

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Sat 5 Nov - 20:33

Anna Graceman - Heartbreaking Truth
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Fri 11 Nov - 6:41

Nice new song post of Anna from Sam1989, but the main reason I signed on just for a few moments is because I saw the long post by WoefulMinion and saw that it was a few weeks ago and felt bad about not responding to it earlier, so here I am. I have gone from being the number one poster for several years to just dropping by every once in a while for this past year and a half or so. Sorry about that. Maybe I will make a strong comeback soon. Smile

It is fairly easy to answer your post WM. Smile

I pretty much understand and agree with all your assessments. I was thinking maybe there was a bit more 'reality' to these 'reality shows' than you do, but you could be completely right. I have expressed in a few posts in years past about my doubts about some very dramatic moments in some reality show singing contests probably being scripted and not totally 'real', especially on BGT, but you are describing a more thorough effort by producers and judges and even contestants to just entertain and that even most of it is not real. I was hoping this was not the case, but maybe it is. Even as Anna was doing AGT, I had a couple correspondences with her father and I was still hoping they would go for he originals, but my advice was not taken. That is all fairly old history now and I got over it long ago and kept supporting Anna in all her musical adventures.

The only thing you may have not quite understood is the part about when I first discovered her. Remember that it was still pretty early in the history of Youtube and all these kidsingers were emerging. A kid that young and writing her own songs was a marvel to me, that it was just in the first few viewings that I had those thoughts of how can she be totally that real and that talented. I soon decided she was quite real and followed her closely and as mentioned before, even developed a bit of a email friendship with her dad. In other words, put it in its' historical context and you can maybe imagine me first finding her. Very Happy

Again, thanks so much for that effort you put forth in that interesting post.
Back to top Go down
Sam1989

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Wed 12 Apr - 8:24

Graceman - Live - Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Sat 10 Jun - 14:33

Allie Sherlock 11 years old--Dublin, Ireland.

Back to top Go down
ir2015ru

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2015-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Sat 8 Jul - 15:16

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac cover by Jadyn Rylee feat Sina & Andrei Cerbu.

Rapper's Delight; (Cover by Sina). Sina can play on many instruments.
Back to top Go down
ir2015ru

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2015-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Sat 8 Jul - 15:50

Also videos with Lucy Gowen.

Lucy with Sina and Emma Marie.

Sweet Child O Mine (Lucy Gowen and Emma Marie).
Back to top Go down
Tonie

PostSubject: Re: Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.   Sun 13 Aug - 20:42

Allie Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Child Singers who also play a musical instrument. Anna Graceman, Ashleigh Marie, Annie Pattison and others.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15