~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Japanese Girl Groups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
IdolTrailblazer

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Mon 25 Aug - 7:33

It's Candy Zoo, not just Zoo. And ESSE Academy is a school for actors, singers and dancers. The young girls in that group are Sakura Musume or Sakurakko. I think Sakurakko have had some new members added and at least one girl who was my favorite, Ayaha, is now gone. Not happy about that. I mentioned this in the last post in my thread at Hello! Online. In case you didn't read it, here is a video with NA-NA, Caramel Ribbon, Riruchiru and Sakurakko. http://us.twitcasting.tv/nana__official/movie/93531658
The Sakurakko girls introduce themselves and it's not all the same girls in the video above.
Back to top Go down
http://this-is-your-wake-up-call.blogspot.com/
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3055
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Mon 25 Aug - 21:32

Thank you IdolTrailblazer for the info. I was in a big hurry last night, as I was using an Internet place and they were closing soon. I somehow missed putting Candy in front of Zoo. I usually go back and look at my posts and make sure I got it right, but on that post, I could not, as they were closing and kicking me out. Mad

Why did you not think anyone would like the video you posted by Miniature Garden? Sure, it had a different kind of beat and style than you usually get from the Girl Groups, but I liked it just fine and it was more what I am used to enjoying in my Japanese Girl Groups, a mix of young teens and girls 10 to 12. I liked them pretty good and so I posted another video of them.

Later this week, I hope to find the time to check out your other forum. I sometimes have a hard time keeping up with just this one forum, but I think I will make changes so I have a little more time. I used to post to a kidsinger forum, I think it was TFC Talent or something like that, and I just couldn't keep up with 2 forums. That forum sometimes had a lot of posts though. I will try yours, but keep in mind about what I like, so I probably won't say much about the all teen groups. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Tue 26 Aug - 2:40

Actually my invitation to the other forum was for anybody who wants to join me there. I'm pretty active there and I created a lot of threads for idol groups, including some kids groups. I'm the only one posting in some of my threads, and like you I enjoy groups with kids in them. Sakura Gakuin, Himekko 5, Onigokko and Haru * Kana, Prizmmy and Sakuran Bom Bom are examples of the kids groups (by kids I'm referring to under 15 years old) that I enjoy. I wasn't sure if anyone here, including you girlsingerfan, would like Miniature Garden. It's hard to figure out what you and clearsky like. Not too many people post here in this thread besides the three of us and sometimes you guys like something I link, and sometimes you don't. So I'm just sharing videos for what I like and I hope one of you like them too. I saw the other Miniature Garden video a while ago. It was the one that got me interested in the group. They started to follow me on Twitter (this happens a lot) and I watched their video and decided to follow them back. A handful of Japanese idol groups are following me on Twitter, including one of my favorites, NA-NA from ESSE Academy! Wink I'm happy about that! In fact, if you don't mind me bragging a bit, I am starting to get a reputation among fans and idol groups themselves for being an active fan and supporter of indie groups. People come to me with questions all the time (usually in a personal message). I also wanted to say, in case you haven't done this already, that I have a page on Facebook called Young Idol Singers dedicated to Japanese groups who have members age 15 and under. Some of them would interest you, girlsingerfan. I'm really into promoting these groups! It's a lot of hard work to look up info every day, save new photos and sometimes write about them. I have two blogs, my Facebook page and several threads on Hello! Online as well as here to promote these groups. Trust me, I'm a true blue fan all the way! Very Happy

Here is a video for Kokepiyo. The main singer is Niki Aoi. Aoi is known as one of the best singers in the idol biz! Wink

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Tue 26 Aug - 21:29

Even though they are pretty much a teen group, the lead singer does have a good voice.

Hey IdolTrailBlazer. I will check out your other sites sometime between now and Sunday. Please make it easy for me. Give me some links here so I don't have to look back or do searches. Give me the main link to register and give me some specific pages that you think I would enjoy. I appreaciate that. Smile
Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Tue 26 Aug - 22:39

How to register: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=21

Idols forum: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?/forum/76-idols/

My user name is I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka and my threads are Sakura Gakuin, Caramel Ribbon, Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku, ESSE Academy Thread (NA-NA, Riruchiru, Lemons, Sakurakko, Chinzei Suzuka and GTS), Candy Kiss, RIZE Idols Thread (Candy Zoo, loop and FESTIVE) , Fairies, Onigokko & Haru * Kana, Aither, Michinoku Sendai ORI HIMETAI, Prizmmy, Sakuran Bom Bom and Girly Chou.  I can't be sure how many of these threads will interest you, but you can find them on the first two pages of the Idols forum.  There may be threads for groups I didn't create the thread for that you may like.  Anyone is welcome to join me in supporting these groups.  Smile
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Wed 27 Aug - 2:18

Oh I did forget to mention IdolTrailblazer, (from now on I will call you IT, if that is OK), that I am one of the rare people that doesn't do Facebook. I have resisted all these years, as I can't really put much time into doing a good Facebook account, but I have considered creating one just to do a few basic things, like maybe what you mentioned about your Young Idol Singers
Back to top Go down
clearsky

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Fri 12 Sep - 19:34

Death Rabbits made a new video: Very Happy

Back to top Go down
fangji

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Sat 13 Sep - 15:15

never heard about Death Rabbits! but theyre really good. i think they look different all the style pv and the way they sing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Wed 17 Sep - 23:47

CoCo DeCoRu, "Kiss Me Kiss Me"

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Tue 23 Sep - 23:18

I do like a variety in my music styles with my GirlSingers, so the Metal is fine sometimes. I like the new Death Rabbits except the part where the guy just seems to scream. Would have been better without that. In fact, I wouldn't be sad if he just disappeared from the scene completely. Cool
Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Thu 25 Sep - 4:44

I've watched the latest RABBIT KICK live video 3 times today, so I guess that means I like it!  Very Happy

Haru * Kana, "Sense Revolution" with images from their DVDs.  

Edit: That is not "Sense Revolution" after all. The song in question is the third one in this live video.

Last edited by IdolTrailblazer on Tue 21 Oct - 4:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Thu 2 Oct - 3:13

mImi, "Lucky Star"

If you find the live versions of "Lucky Star" on YouTube you will see the audio has been removed.  This short preview version is all we are allowed to hear.  It's too bad I didn't take notice of the live versions before the group was officially signed.

Edit: Since no one has posted anything in this thread for a while I'll just edit this post (like I did with the above post).

Candy Zoo's Rina (orange dress) cut too much of super long hair. A lot of idols are doing that. Minami's verse has been changed to incorporate new members Miyu and Mikara. But I'm still supporting this group. Smile

Sakurakko (a.k.a. Sakura Musume) live. They keep changing their lineup, so I'm confused by each new Sakurakko video I see.

Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Tue 21 Oct - 17:55

I edited the two posts I made above yesterday, and I hate to post a third time in a row. But girlsingerfan will want to know that it was tweeted yesterday on Twitter (I read it with Google Translate after midnight) that St. Bonapro School will be breaking up on Nov. 24. Rin will be leaving the group on Oct. 23! She won't even stay until the end for some reason. I was planning on writing a profile of the group in my blog, but now I will write about them breaking up.

Rico's announcement on Twitter: https://twitter.com/st_bonapro/status/524142422687625216
Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Sun 26 Oct - 12:21

Too bad ... St. Bonapro School was really promising. Sad Hope many of the girls will find new groups!

It is really hard to keep up with all the japanese groups.

Some new to worry about:

Ki ~yu ̄ to ☆ pitto - shūkurīmu monsuta ("Cream pie monster" Very Happy ) ! She is singer in a group. This is her first solo.

N☆RNiR - DESTINY FLOWER

Amorecarina (アモレカリーナ), a newly formed professional group, made a short song for a commercial. Why care? Because Urara Takahashi (高橋麗), one of my favorite idols, is member of this new group!

Very nice new dancing video from Sakura Gakuin:

Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Sun 26 Oct - 16:00

I hope Rico and the girls of St. Bonapro find a new group too. I just got interested in them and now they will break up. Crying or Very sad

That first video you linked is Cute Pit. There are actually two girls in the video, not one. Wink I've seen videos and photos of Cute Pit with 2, 3 and 4 girls! I'm not sure why. Click the OFFICESOUND on YouTube to go to their channel and you'll find live videos for Cute Pit with 3 or 4 members.

amorecarina is a group I've known about for a few weeks and I'm following one of the members, Juria, who sings a solo towards the end of the last video you linked, on Twitter. It's interesting that the series they are singing for is Monster High. It turns out a young cousin of mine likes the American version of this show!

Here's a group named PARLISH which formed in April 2014 and debuted in June. I hope they are going to release a CD soon.

One of my favorite members of PARLISH is Nishikawa Reika, who sings this song. She's pretty awesome! Love

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Tue 28 Oct - 0:23

I do appreciate the efforts of IT and Clearsky, but sorry I don't like more. Smile

I kind of like the Ki ~yu ̄ to ☆ pitto, but I don't love the song so much.

I like the dancers in some of these. I often like the dancing, but not the video as a whole.

I think I have mentioned in other places or maybe in this thread that after doing this for 8 years or so and now we have so much to choose from on Youtube and the quality has improved from what it was 5 plus years ago, I am just more picky now than I used to be. That goes for the Japanese Girl Groups too. I still really like a nicely produced music video if the members of the group interest me, but only a small portion of the Japanese Girl Group live performances do it for me. Sometimes I like a live performance fine, such as the Sakurakko Musume one IT posted, but then the camera never comes up close, so no on that one also. Then my favorite of these last several is the mimi Lucky Star, which is what I really enjoy still these days, and then it is not a whole video! Mad Sad
A good example of a group that has been posted lately that I enjoy is Prizmmy. I love how the all the colors work in their videos. The design of the set or surroundings with the costume colors in their videos are so very cool. I will post a couple of them next session, because I have a new favorite I will do this time.

I think I found some that are not posted yet that I had not seen before. This is a larger group than I prefer, but there are younger members and there is solo singing, and I like the songs, so this is what I still will look for and enjoy. Maybe IT can give interesting info. or news on this group, as they seem to have become a new favorite for me. This is Sakura Gakuin
I was sure Sakura Gakuin had been posted here before, but then I went back 4 pages and cannot find them. Are they really not posted ever before? Well, I am pretty sure these are not reposts anyway. There is even a couple live ones by them I like.

This is a really different looking one. Smile

This group knows how to make videos I like. I like these two live performances because the vocals sound decent and the sound is good and the camera is close enough and all, so this is how I like my live videos.

Well, I guess one more. This one is just all the different members running on the streets, but I like this song. I like how even though they are a large group, they share the solo singing so much. The solos are short, but there is usually several in each song. The video is not as interesting, but I like this song, so I had to put this one too.

Last edited by girlsingerfan on Wed 29 Oct - 21:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Tue 28 Oct - 7:43

Wow, that's some post you made girlsingerfan!  Well, as I said in my last post it's Cute Pit (instead of Ki~yu-to ☆ Pitto) if you want to use English.  Very Happy

I love Sakura Gakuin too!  They are my favorite Japanese group!  I created this thread back in November 2010 after watching their performance in TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2010.  I uploaded this video to YouTube, but I had to delete my old YouTube channels when someone hacked into one.  Here is my edit on Dailymotion.  

You will find this edit on YouTube as well, which is the same 720p edit that was downloaded from my old channel by other people.  Check out my Dailymotion channel for more Sakura Gakuin videos.  I have edited the Sakura Gakuin wikis on generasia.com as well, practically re-writing them from scratch.  (Many fans get their info wrong.)  Now just for your info, Sakura Gakuin's music companies (they were created by Amuse, Inc. and originally were signed to TOY'S FACTORY, but now are signed to Universal Japan) don't want their full music videos on YouTube.  The videos that were linked by you and clearsky (and appeared on pages further back than the four you looked at) have been deleted and will be deleted as soon as these companies catch up with what the uploaders are doing.  The official music video uploads are edited, but there is also some talking videos on the Universal playlist.  These are the videos that won't be deleted.  I am happy to hear that you love this group.  I'm sorry to put it this way, but if you really want to see the full videos, and in excellent quality, may I suggest buying their DVDs?  The singles and albums that come with DVDs are really cool.  Universal's DVDs are region free (any player will play them) but TOY'S FACTORY's DVDs are Region 2.  

That goes for all Japanese idol groups.  If you want the full video you're going to have to spring for the single or album with those videos.  I'd get an all region DVD player to play those Japanese DVDs that are Region 2.  If you are in the U.K. or Europe, you don't have to worry since most countries there are Region 2.  

I realize that if the camera doesn't zoom in for a close-up once in a while you might not be able to see the girls' faces clearly, but keep in mind these are fan videos.  Sakurakko are a cute group and you shouldn't ignore them just because a fan didn't get close-ups of the girls.  I know you are picky, but believe me so am I.  I don't care for every idol group I see (I'm not a Death Rabbits fan, for example), but I do think I am supporting some really interesting groups.  

You linked three photos, the first and third of which are Sakura Gakuin.  The second is Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku (EbiChu for short).  All the photos are old.  EbiChu's older videos can be seen by anyone, but all of their recent videos have been blocked form all countries outside of Japan.  I don't know why, but this is happening a lot to Japanese groups.  

Prizmmy is another group I like, but once again their videos on YouTube are edited by avex (their music company).  While you are on generasia, type "Prizmmy" in the search box and you'll see a wiki I created for the group.  I have been a loyal supporter of Prizmmy for almost three years now.  

I hope this is enough info for now.  It's almost 4 a.m. where I live and I should have gone to bed much earlier than this!
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Wed 29 Oct - 21:41

Hey IT! I came back to look just before work and just have enough time to give a thank you for your feedback and the heads up on the photo. I had found the photos on a google search and did not even look that closely, so I made the mistake. I removed it. I think that photo was towards the top, so don't know why that photo comes up in a Sakura Gakuin search.

I will return with more time and look at your post again and check on some of the things you mention. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
SSS_seeker

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-09-14

PostSubject: Nishikawa Reika   Sun 9 Nov - 16:23

IdolTrailblazer: I would like to post Nishikawa Reika or Parlish. Is it possible for me to find biodata and/or fanpages for Parlish? I think I also sent this to your facebook page.
Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Sun 9 Nov - 21:48

@SSS_seeker: I'm not sure what you mean by you would like to post. There isn't any English bios or data on PARLISH, although I am working on it. My big problem right now is finding all of their birthdays. I found four so far. I usually wait until I have enough info for an article before sharing what I have. I thought I'd just share the videos I have found for PARLISH and my favorite member. Actually there are more Reika videos, and videos featuring another member, Miku. Here is a list of videos with Reika.

There's several Jewelry☆doll videos on YouTube featuring Sasaki Miku (the older girl in the group). Here's a 17 minute video with 3 songs.

Back to top Go down
SSS_seeker

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Tue 11 Nov - 15:20

Thanks for the video, IdolTrailblazer.  The page that I keep is a bit structured.  I'm hoping that people will use it as a resource, and hence I include birthdays and locations and fanpages whenever possible.  The difficult part is keeping with the structure.  The plus is that it gives me a reason to contact the artist, and often that turns into the best part.

I use translators to reach out to artists from some countries.  Translators work great for Indonesian, for example.  The same translators work poorly for Japanese and Korean.  I have never successfully reached an artist in China.  

I will visit here and your facebook page for biodata when available.  Is that okay?  I don't want to just steal information.
Back to top Go down
clearsky

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Sun 16 Nov - 17:12

Jewelry☆doll is one of my favorite groups! The are not only cute and good at singing and dancing, they are also very productive. Even though Yuna is now mostly singing alone or with background dancers.

Some new stuff:

Ruby Girls! In this show they are also singing togehter with Hiperikamu.

Tsuribit made a new clip! And I even found some of their songs as mp3 on Amazon.

Pink Babies (a Pink Lady cover group) was in Paris!

Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Mon 1 Dec - 20:59

Wow, this thread got buried a bit on the list! Anyway, I have a new website for Japanese idols called Sensational Idols. http://sensational-idols.weebly.com/

St. Bonapro School's fans will like this new group, Si☆Stella. http://this-is-your-wake-up-call.blogspot.com/2014/11/st-bonapro-school-returns-sort-of.html

Check out this NA-NA playlist! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpPcPJZVBUgJevNMb9FrfsYd2RaxpLYgT

My Japanese friend Chibineko made this video for the group Sakuran Bom Bom. It's the title song to their mini album "Bom Bom World☆".

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Mon 1 Dec - 22:56

Hey IT!! Those two sites you gave look very interesting! They are in English too. Very Happy I will definitely be looking at those more in my next Internet session, which maybe later today. Seems like the first one you gave seems to mostly be about the kind of Japanese Girl Group I look for, with preteen members or combination of teen and preteens. The reboot of St. Bonopro's School of course are all younger and I hope they come out with lots of videos. I looked at a couple of the Na-Na videos, but they are all teens. Then the group you posted a video for, Sakuran Bom Bom, are kind of borderline almost teen group, but not yet, so I like them OK, but I wish they had some more official music videos besides the one that your friend made, which is also clever use of a live stage setting to make a music video. I like that production.
Back to top Go down
IdolTrailblazer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Girl Groups   Wed 10 Dec - 5:33

@girlsingerfan: The two sites I linked last time, were created by me! Very Happy

@SSS_seeker: I have the info on PARLISH you wanted! http://this-is-your-wake-up-call.blogspot.com/2014/12/new-idol-group-spotlight-parlish.html

Back to top Go down

Japanese Girl Groups
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next