~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

The Kelly Family.

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3048
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: The Kelly Family.   Jeu 3 Déc - 5:38

I am running out of time. I need to go to bed. I just want to give a quick start to this thread and maybe others out there already know about this group/family. I am disappointed and surprised I had not known of these guys or discovered them years ago, because I am quite excited about them. This is not a new group, but a version of them was making music until very recently. I like the whole family and all the music I have heard so far, but as far as it concerns this forum, I have so far found videos featuring a girl about 11 years old and a boy about the same age. The boy looks quite girl like in many of the videos and until he opened his mouth the first time I saw him, I thought he was a girl.

First of all, take a look at their Wikipedia. Theirs is an interesting story I think. They have actually sold a lot of albums, but mostly in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Family

First, a couple videos featuring the girl.

The boy is younger in this one. At first, it is an adult singing and the boy sings second. He is an excellent singer.

Here is an excellent, energetic song that showcases the boy in the last part, only I think he may be about 14 or so by this time. A great rock singer on this one.

Just to end, this video has the younger kids, but they are not featured. Every family member sings and plays at least one instrument it seems.

Dernière édition par girlsingerfan le Mer 11 Aoû - 22:30, édité 4 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Jeu 3 Déc - 17:45

Whah, I've never heard about them ! Shocked
Thanks for posting that !!
I have to listen all of the videos. Smile

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 16/06/2008

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Ven 11 Déc - 14:21

I do not like their style (both music and clothes), the first video featuring the boy is ok.
From the wikipedia page it seems like they have been very succesful Smile
http://celine-helgemo.piczo.com
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Mar 15 Déc - 4:59

I think the young girl had a very interesting style for a child singer and powerful voice. To me, she is like a little Stevie Nicks.
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Mar 12 Jan - 5:13

Well, I am not sure why I am posting here again. Not much interest shown when I first put it up. At least as far as posting goes. However, in case there are some lookers/nonposters that I don´t know about and liked these guys, I will post a bit more.

First, after looking at many more videos and researching more on this talented family, I find that I am wrong about the Girl Singer I posted two videos of above. She is not as young as I thought. She looks like she is preteen or not more than 13 anyway, but she is actually probably 20 in these videos. I was quite surprised to find this out. She is Barby Kelly and born in 1975 and I think this concert was in 1995. That is amazing that she is 20 there. Now she is in her 30s and I hear she has some mental health issues. I still really like her voice and style.

The boy however I was right about. He is Angelo and was 13 when he recorded the song and video for An Angel. He was born in 1981 and this video I have posted below is from 1994, so he is still 13.

It is well known that most of the Kelly Family performed as young teens and children, but most of the videos on youtube are from about the early 1990s through to recently. Angelo is the youngest from these. Maite, the heavy set girl is two years older than him.

Here is Angelo in a live version of An Angel. For those that maybe have not watched the music video for this I posted before, Angelo is the second singer here.

cosmo

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 17/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Mar 12 Jan - 7:47

I was once fascinated by this family, everyone in the family has very good voice. The way they performed was bold.
I used to listening to their music recorded between 1994 and 1996 again and agian. I remembered that it was Patrick's voice, singing "Ares qui" at that time, let me interested in the first place, he had a very special voice that sounded like a teen's (close to child than adult), not like his real age.

Here is an old video in 1980. At that time, even the eldest children were so young.
The girl in red skirt is Patricia(11); the first boy is Johnny(13), and some members is too young to sing.

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Mer 13 Jan - 2:04

Well Cosmo! I am so glad to find someone on the forum who knows these guys before I posted on them. And likes them! Thanks. Very Happy

Tell a little here if you know some information on them. Do you know if I am correct on Barby? She is several years older than she looks and is now having some mental problems? I have heard Bipolar Disorder. I really liked her voice. I pretty much like everyones singing, but she and Patricia are my favorites.

I had seen the video you posted, but it seems to be in their beginning and is very traditional music and I like them better probably starting in the late 80s. I like this OK though. This is when their mother was still alive. She died two years later. I actually wish I could find more of them from the beginning years and see how they developed their sound and see when more of them were kid singers. For instance, it would be great to hear Barby, Maite when they were preteens and Angelo when he was even younger, like 10 or something and was just getting good. The period you spoke of, the early 90s are probably their best.

It is great to see Patricia Kelly that young. I wish I could find more when she was that age or even a bit older and see how she grew in her vocal abilities. Hear her now and see how she is still pretty, yes? Maybe I should put this part in the Child to Adult Singers thread.

Dernière édition par girlsingerfan le Mer 11 Aoû - 20:47, édité 2 fois
cosmo

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 17/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Mer 13 Jan - 15:21

Yes, I agree that the middle 90s is their age. Smile And I also agree that Patricia is quite good-looking.
As to their current situation, I'm afraid that I don't know more than you. Neutral
I think Barbara's voice is the most unique among her sisters; Patricia's is warm, and Kathleen's is rich and powerful. Maite, the youngest girl, I have no many
chances to listen to her sound, but I just find that she has her own singing career now.

http://www.maitekelly.de/en/content/info/welcome.html
sunshine282

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 06/08/2010

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Mer 11 Aoû - 20:21

Well,I like The Kelly family,they were pretty famous back in the days in Eastern Europe.They are Irish family,who lived also in USA,Ireland,Spain,Germany and also in some more countries.They were always on the way and performing on the strrets most of their time,I think it was though life for all of them.They were working so hard.They have settled in Germany at least. In fact, their father created a band of his children.The family had 12 children,but three of them came from the fathers first marriage.They are still popular in Germany and giving concerts,but I think there are only 5 of them now.And each of them has their own carrer.My fav one was Patricia and Paddy.Their voices grew more mature with time,its funny hpw some of them could sing at very young age.For example Angelo at six and seven was soooo out of tune and Joey too and on my opinion Maites voice is the weakest.
They have their own families now.And yes,Barby is not performing for a looong time,cause of her illness,its some kind of mental disorder but Im not sure which one.Ppl keep talking its a light schizophrenia,but those are just rumors.Kellys dont wish to public this.I just know,that Barby has lived with Patricia and her family,cause Tricia was the only one who took care of her.Rumors also says,that Barby back in the most famous days was so shy and emotional and sensitive and was afraid of fans,cause it was a big hysteria around The Kelly family and that it was the point where her mental probles started.But once again,these are just rumors,so....
Here are some vids Wink

Angelo - 7yo.

Joey:

And something when they were all tillte kids Very Happy

I love these songs so much:
No lies

And these to were made at 2002 or so:

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Mer 11 Aoû - 21:49

Hey Welcome Sunshine282! Always good to see a new member/poster. I started this thread, so I am happy to see more response. Thank you for more info. on the Kelly Family. Even though some of the videos posted in this thread are not the child singing Kelly Family, it must be remembered that all of them were child singers at one time. Smile

I don´t know how I missed the KF before. When I first discovered them and started this post, I did not know anything about them. I have learned some since then, but I am still not an expert on them. Since there are so many members through the years and so many songs, you do have to put some effort into getting to know them. The father and mother and the oldest children were all Americans. Then starting with Johnny and Patricia, most of the rest were born in Spain.

Mama is such a touching song isn´t it? When their mother died, Paddie was 5 and Angelo was just a little baby, and Maite 3. Love the guitar in that one also. Really enjoyed the Knick Knack Song and seeing Patricia when she was a so young. PeePee was funny. Angelo can´t really sing yet, but he was a performer already and really gets into it. A song about not peeing the bed. Laughing

When I first saw Barby, she really looked very young. I thought she was no more than 13 in the videos I posted of her at the top of this thread. Then I learned that she was probably 19 or 20 in them. It is funny that my favorite singers in the family are Patricia and Barby, but my favorite song by the Kelly Family will probably always be An Angel, which is sung by Padie and Angelo, who I guess are my 3rd and 4th favorites.

This has got to be one of their very first, maybe even first, official music video. I guess this is Johnny singing the main vocal, and their mom is still alive.

Johnny again singing. About the same time as the video just posted. This time, in German.

I do like Maite´s singing also though you say she is not so good for you Sunshine282. You do not think she sounds good in these two songs?

Angelo grown up, along with Paddie and the rest. Barby is still there. Must be just before she stopped performing.

This is a powerful song when you realize Barby is singing about herself, realizing her illness. Embedding disabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLnmNQF1QYU
sunshine282

Registration date : 06/08/2010

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Jeu 12 Aoû - 10:21

Thank you girlsingerfan for your response!Nice to meet you Very Happy Its always nice to see someone who like The kelly family.I was a big fan of them back in the days.And then as time goes by I kind of forget them.And then a few years ago I found out that they are still preforming.So I went to see them live.As Ive said,they were only five of them,Patricia,Maite,Joey,Kathy and Paul.It brought so many memories to me Smile

The reason why I dont like Maites voice so much is,that when shes performing life,shes just out of tune,but shes still cute and emotional.Thats what I like about her.The song I wanna be loved is really nice.Did you know that they went on Eurovision with this one?But they didnt win though Neutral

Yes,Mama is a wonderful song,really powerful lyrics,always makes me cry.Paddy was just 5 when she died of cancer and he was the one who misses her the most,I guess.He also wrote the song "Calling heaven" for her.I also love this song.Heres the link:

Well,Paddy went to a monastery,but Im not sure when,maybe 2004?Hes still there and not performing anymore with his old songs.Hes only singing on some kind of christian festivals or something like that.He also cut his hair and himself out of the family.Angelo is now one of the best drummer players in Europe,I went on his concert and hes just so funny and sweet.Hes trying to keep his fathers message alive.Patricia has two kids i think,and she sings solo,so as Kathy and Maite and Jimmy and Angelo.

I dont know more about Barby,as Ive said,Kellys dont public anything about her.I remember my friend asked Patricia after her concert,how is Barby,and she said,shes ok and happy,but who knows.She had amazing voice and she wanted to be a ballet dancer like her mother was before.

Hehe,Pee pee is cute funny song.Here are some vids from their VHS Christmas for all.And Ive also put some videos on my YT channel,if youre interested.

And Old Mac Donald Very Happy

Yes,I think Wholl come with me (Davids song) was their first official clip.Yes,its Johny singing the lead vocal.And here need to be mention song Take my hand,which they sing it on every concert.Their fahther was very ill here and soon after that he died.He suffered from I think 2 strokes.

I want to apologize for my english and bad spelling,pls,dont pay attention to it as Im not a native speaker,but Im trying to write correct. Embarassed

Butterfly

Registration date : 29/12/2013

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Dim 8 Nov - 11:19

The new Kelly-Generation... Very Happy

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Jeu 12 Nov - 22:40

Hey Butterfly. I was so surprised when I came on the forum today and saw The Kelly Family at the top. I created this thread, but have not posted to it in I don't know how long. It does seem to me that Angelo and his family are mostly doing religious music, which I am not a big fan of, but it is good to see him after all these years. Angelo is the one who sang on my favorite Kelly song, An Angel and he looked SO much like a girl when he was young. This family now being in its' fourth generation of musicians and singers I think it is, will obviously always be around and doing music. I think their heyday was the 90s, but it is still interesting to keep some track of them, so thanks for bringing them back.

I did kind of enjoy the Come All Ye Faithful, especially the solo by the Girl Singer about 9 or 10.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: The Kelly Family.   Aujourd'hui à 14:23

The Kelly Family.
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1