~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Kaitlyn Maher

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
shurdley

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 02/04/2009

MessageSujet: Kaitlyn Maher   Dim 2 Aoû - 8:58

Some of you may have already heard of little Kaitlyn Maher, who at 4 years old performed on America's Got Talent. She came in as a runner up, I believe. Since then she has been busy singing at church, the Lighting of the National Chrsitmas Tree, The Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C. She told the audience at AGT that she wanted to be a princess.

I had the priviliage of meeting Kaitlyn about two weeks ago when she performed at the Nashville Palace in (of course) Nashville, Tennessee. I believe she had enchanted listeners at the Grand Ole Opry just a couple nights prior. The Nashville Palace is well known for being the place the 'stars' go. The night I was there and I think two nights every week, a songwriter's event is held where newcomers and old timers alike take the stage in what seemed to be an 'open mike' type of set up. You never know who will be there. This event is hosted by James Breedwell, who is a renown singer/songwriter. James is a very nice man who has an interest in helping new artists be heard and get a start on their careers.

It was delightful meeting Kaitlyn and her family who were so thoughtful and kind in letting me photograph Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn is very intelligent child who never meets a stranger. She is polite and mannerly and loves to perform. I said in my review of the event posted in her forum that she went from being big sister to her little brother to being on stage performing as easily as if she merely went from coloring to playing on a swingset.

Young Kaitlyn definitely has talent. She still has a slight childlike lisp with some words, but does extremely well with the 'big' words and she has a remarkable memory for the words to many songs. It was a delight to hear her sing and I truly enjoyed meeting her and her family.

Here are a few pictures I was able to get.

This is myself, my grandchildren, Shawn, Destiny, and Isabel hugging Kaitlyn

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Kaitlyn Maher   Dim 2 Aoû - 16:06

You have met a lot of young singers ! Very Happy

Kaitlyn is veryyyy cute. Razz

Here is her performance on America's Got Talent :

Her voice is super cute too even if she is not a very good singer at all.

Number of posts : 3048
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Kaitlyn Maher   Mer 5 Aoû - 3:16

Hey Shurdley! Good to see you here again! I have been sick much of last week and then busy on the weekend and Monday is always my wash night after work, so I haven't been here much the past 9 or 10 days. Anyway, you sure are lucky to have the freedom and time and means to meet and hear some of the child singers most of us here know about. Again, too bad about the radio station.

Don't listen to that rascally Rakugaki Razz Kaitlyn does just fine for her age and her ability to remember the lyrics and sing in front of people and all that is impressive for a four year old. I have always believed it is somewhat rare for a child that young to hear the notes in a song in their brains and then translate it to their vocal chords. From about 6 yrs on, it becomes a fast learning process and I am sure Kaitlyn will do quite well. She seems like a little sweetie. Keep us posted on your adventures. Smile
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
shurdley

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 02/04/2009

MessageSujet: Re: Kaitlyn Maher   Mer 5 Aoû - 4:05

I think that Kaitlyn may need some refining, but it will come as she matures. As you said, gsf, I think she is a remarkable performer for her age. It won't be long until her voice catches up with her.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Kaitlyn Maher   Aujourd'hui à 17:39

Kaitlyn Maher
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1