~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Talent show performances

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
moorvis

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Talent show performances   Sun 7 Jun - 19:38

There is not thread so far for random performances in talent shows, so I'm starting a new one.

I'll start this with Tessa Kersten from the Netherlands. She won Holland's got talent this year, singing and playing the guitar.

The best performance in my opininion, in the final - Sweet Child of Mine:

Semifinal:

First round:
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2929
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Sun 7 Jun - 19:52

She's really good and make smart choices of songs. Thanks a lot, I really like her ! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://kidsvocal.over-blog.com/
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3054

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Tue 9 Jun - 4:51

OH MY!!!! She is soooooo goooooood. It is funny how we hear things differently. The first video was actually just OK for me, but then the second and third ones were fantastic!!! Thanks so much for these Moorvis. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
Caroline

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Fri 12 Jun - 8:07

Oh how nice to hear she won, she is very good, very professional.
Nice cover of I'm yours, I love that song.
Back to top Go down
http://celine-helgemo.piczo.com
AmericanAssolFan

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Mon 15 Jun - 8:23

You have to see this! Adorable!

Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Mon 15 Jun - 16:20

Haha, cute ! Very Happy
Not as good as Cleopatra Stratan, but cute.
Back to top Go down
AmericanAssolFan

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Mon 15 Jun - 16:46

True, she is a bit off pitch sometimes, but for a 4 year old I think she's pretty good. What she lacks in singing ability she makes up in cuteness. Here is another video of her singing the national anthem. This is difficult for any singer, but I was surprised when she got the high notes pretty close. She kinda lost it at the end though. In a few years she could be great. Some of her videos are getting 100's of thousands of hits and one over a million and a half. I did check out Cleopatra Stratan on You Tube and you are right, she is very good.

Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Tue 16 Jun - 3:18

Hey AAF, it is Ok for sure to have a video posted in two differerent threads or maybe even three. I know, because I have done it several times if a video or artists fits more than one theme thread. I had Kaitlyn in the Very Young Singers thread, which at the time of this post is at the top of page two. You will also see there much of Cleopatra Stratan, who Rakugaki mentions. Anyway, Kaitlyn is good for 4, 4 sure! It is a unusual thing for someone that young to hear the notes in their head and hit them correctly. She does this more than most and she is adoreable too.
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Fri 19 Jun - 4:49

Hey Moorvis, I am glad you appeared again. I've missed you, even though you are a little picky on what you like. Razz

I like how this thread started, as I really like Tessa Kersten. I guess I understand what you mean by random talent show performances. Are you saying performances or singers that may not be known or at least have not been posted on the forum before?

As you realize I think already, it seems like a good percentage of who we talk about and what we post are from some kind of talent show. Of course, the biggest one is JESC and the other European talent shows that are similar such as MGP, but all these threads or performers are completely, mostly, or at least partly, from talent shows.

American Juniors which was the Junior version of American Idol that they had for one year in 2003.
Connie Talbot, Hollie Steele, and Natalie Okri on Britain's Got Talent.
Caroline Costa
Nora Foss al Jabri
Jackie Evancho
Madalina Lefter
Divna
Zara Larsson
Taylor Ware from America's Got Talent.
Some on the two Spanish language threads I started, the oldies one and the 2000 and newer one.

This is not a complete list, but something I threw on here quickly.

There are however, some things that we have missed that I will post here if someone does not beat me to it.

I am not sure if we have posted much or anything on Bianca Ryan, who won the first America's Got Talent. There have been a couple very good talent shows out of the Philipines that have many different singers and I do not think I ever got around to posting some of them. I could put several of those here, or if anyone out there knows about this, go ahead before me. I can't do it tonight and it may be a few days until I get to it. One of the best known singers from those is Charice Pempengco, who is now 15 and getting some exposure in the U.S.

I will do this one tonight. Jessica Sanchez is one of the very first singers I discovered on youtube doing decent home made videos with backing tracks. She is close to 14 now, and is not really a child singer anymore for me, but She did appear on America's Got Talent the same year as Bianca Ryan, when I think she was still not quite 11. I may have posted this video somewhere, but if I did, it was a long time ago and I don't remember.

Back to top Go down
cris99

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Charice Pempengco   Sat 20 Jun - 5:30

Have you heard this Little girl that has been a guess in a talk show named Oprah? She's a Filipino and she is performing together with the divas of the united states like Celine Dion.
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Sat 20 Jun - 8:24

Hello, welcome here.
I merged your thread here because I think there's no reason to create a new thread to post that. Maybe if you put pictures or video of her, that's will be easier to see who she is.
And I removed the links on your posts, no commercial ad here please. Smile
Back to top Go down
Elsbeth

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Sat 20 Jun - 12:13

Yeah I've seen that girl, she is very good! It's Charice Pempengco and I think you mean this video:

She sings My heart will go on. She has an amazing voice and I like her face when she sings.
Back to top Go down
AmericanAssolFan

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Sat 20 Jun - 19:14

WOW!!! What a powerful and beautiful voice! She sings with such emotion. This is one of my favorite songs. Other than Celine Dion that is about the best rendition of it I have ever heard.
Back to top Go down
AmericanAssolFan

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Mon 22 Jun - 1:06

Just one more of Kaitlyn. I wanted you to hear how her voice is already improving. She has even learned to sing with vibrato. Her pitch is really good in this one.

Back to top Go down
Caroline

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Mon 22 Jun - 7:05

Charice is very very good Smile
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Mon 22 Jun - 16:49

cris99 & Elsbeth> Charice is a really good singer, but I really don't like that kind of voice. Mad

AmericanAssolFan> Very cute again. With less vibrato and it will be better. Razz
But very cute and nice singer, I like ! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
AmericanAssolFan

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Tue 23 Jun - 0:52

It is apparent she has received voice training since her America's got Talent appearances. She will continue to get better. She is already a star in this country. She has already been offered her first movie role. How many four year olds get to sing for the president?
Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Tue 23 Jun - 17:16

Yes, sure, héhé. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moorvis

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Tue 23 Jun - 20:25

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind. To introduce singers that are not really famous or have made any recordings, and not really worth a new thread (yet).

Charice and Jessica were the first singers that I've found impressive on Youtube, for me too. Charice has made a CD, too, I think, and if I remember right, she also made a cover version of an Amy Diamond's song.
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Wed 24 Jun - 4:25

Well, I meant to get back to this and post several things, but now I find I have just a little time right now, so I guess I will do it in small parts.

First, I will just mention that the Charice video posted first above is from her part in the David Foster special which was shown on PBS several times. I actually saw her twice in that on t.v. There is also an interview with her and Foster in that special. She is 15 now though and not a kid singer anymore for me, but still enjoyable. That is why I thought I would post some earlier stuff from her. Sorry Moorvis, not exactly what you said this was for, but since Charice got posted here, I might as well add to it.

Now I will post some from the talent show I mentioned earlier from the Philippines. It was/is called Little Big Star. The videos I have found so far are mostly from about 3 years ago, so just figure these kids are that much older now. I believe it was when Charice first started to become a known power. I also have a video that predates her LBS performances, but I think it was LBS that really launched her forward. I know Rachel Pegason is still doing some music, but has not quite had the luck to make it quite as big as Charice, even though I think they were pretty close in talent as younger kids.

Here Charice and Rachel are together with a teen singer. I think Charice is 12 here and Rachel maybe only 10.

I will be back with a bit more from Little Big Star. I will leave you with the youngest Charice I could find. 9 years old here.

Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Wed 24 Jun - 17:06

They are singing mostly kind of songs that I don't like. And maybe they can stop crying, singing is better... Mad
Of course, they are good singers, but... not for me.
Back to top Go down
Caroline

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Wed 24 Jun - 19:08

Opera was the big thing in Norway's got talent this season, sadly because I do not like it.
The kids were kinda old too Razz

Back to top Go down
moorvis

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Thu 25 Jun - 18:46

Wow, I hadn't seen that video from Charice before. She had an awesome voice already back then!

This is another one that I have wanted to post for some time already, but didn't find on Youtube. I could have uploaded it myself but I thought it could be missing for a reason and didn't want to risk my account... I don't really know anything about this singer other than this clip.

Maridel Terciano - I Believe
Back to top Go down
girlsingerfan

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Fri 26 Jun - 3:06

Oh yes Moorvis, thank you for reminding me about Maridel. I actually remember seeing her and a few others when they first appeared on this show. I also saw that same video somewhere, maybe youtube, a couple years ago I think. In other words, she was not totally unfamiliar to me. They had several great or good child singers on that show, as it lasted a few years. A few went on to stardom.

One of my very favorites to be on that show was Tiffany Evans. Her video and song she did later at about age 12, Let Me Be Your Angel, is still one of my top favorites of all time. I posted it somewhere on this forum. Can't remember where. Embarassed She has done a fair amount of professional recordings as a teen, including for Tarzan 2 the animation. Who Am I is a good one for that movie. Lots of stuff of her on youtube if anyone likes her. Like already mentioned, especially look for Let Me Be Your Angel. If you like Soul Ballads, you will like that one for sure. Here is a video from her Star Search performance.

I am guessing that Bianca Ryan must be somewhere on this forum; maybe even posted by me. However, I can't find her so I guess I can put her here to make sure. Bianca was the winner on the very first America's Got Talent. She won a million dollars I think and a recording contract. She is the power ballad kind of singer most of the time and power she does have. She was 11 when she won, but I think 14 now.

Maybe it will be interesting to post the video of the same song that Tiffany Evans does above. It is interesting to me in that even though I like Bianca just fine, I actually enjoy Tiffany's version just a bit more. Bianca won a million dollars and a recording contract, but Tiffany didn't. She did go on to do a lot of professional recording, but she did not get the instant rewards like Bianca.

Here is another from Little Big Star from the Philippines. This is Rachel Pegason. It starts with a interview and at home kind of segment and then there are several performances from LBS and at the end you get a small glimpse of other young performers. Sometimes the kids sang in English and sometime in Tagalog. It was about half and half on that I think.

Here is my favorite from the youngest performers on LBS. This is Micah Torre singing a very cute song in Tagalog.

Back to top Go down
Rakugaki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Talent show performances   Fri 26 Jun - 15:07

Micah has really a cute voice ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Talent show performances
View previous topic View next topic Back to top