~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3048
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Jeu 11 Juin - 4:16

Thanks Shurdley, I do not have any direct involvement with Marnee's music, except I have been corresponding with her mother for over two years or basically since she started on youtube. I have given many 'I hope' helpful hints and of course, much encouragement, and I did gently push for professional recordings and a good quality video of While My Tears Turn to Ice. These things would have happened anyway I am sure because of the talent she has, but maybe I helped propel her and her mom forward a little quicker. I don't know, but maybe. Very Happy

Helping get her more exposure by being on Seacoast Radio is something I guess I made happen. Hope it turns into a great experience for all.

It is interesting to hear Nora Foss al Jabri is writing now. I started a thread for her on this forum about 2 years ago and she was just doing very nice covers as far as I knew. I especially liked Leanard Cohen's Hallelujah and the song Stop. I see she did quite well on Oprah's talented kids search. I had some good correspondence with her mom for awhile too, but I haven't sent her any messages for several months. Maybe I should do that again. The only thing for me is that when a kid starts to turn into more of a teen singer, and not really so much of a kid singer anymore, I seem to require more of them or something that sets them apart anyway. Marnee has already done that before she turned 13, so I am not worried about that for her.

Connie writing songs would be fantastic!! I hope she does have that kind of talent, as I think she has such a sweet voice and sweet spirit.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
shurdley

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 02/04/2009

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Ven 12 Juin - 0:06

Sometimes those"I hope" or "I love to.." can do a lot to encourrage someone who just may need a little push to go ahead. Though it is a small thing to you, it could have meant much more to Marnee's parents to know that you felt the same way. Anyway...it's all turned out good Very Happy
shurdley

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Jeu 18 Juin - 15:21

I am sorry I have taken so long to get to this. Life has a way of interfering with plans.

I was able to drive to Fort Wayne, Indiana this past weekend to hear Marnee in concert. The weather here has been unpredictable to say the least, so I didn't know until the event actually started if we would have a concert or not, as it was to be held outdoors. I got there early and set up directly in front of the stage and waited. After watching her band set up for awhile, Marnee and her family arrived. I recognized Marmee immediately and walked over and introduced myself. She was a little subdued which was to be expected since she had no idea who I was. Later I spoke with her mother, Wendi and her brother Gabe, who is becoming quite the little drummer and plays the djembe on one of the band's songs. I told him I would be sure and post his picture here.

Marnee is a tall and slender blond and quite a pretty girl. Once she comes on stage she becomes the total music professional and confidence exudes from her as she takes command of the stage. Her mother says they always just let her do what she wants and in her words..."she owns the stage." This is what I saw as well. I watched as she went through the setting up and the sound checks and all the other things that professional musicians do preparing for a show (and that seem to take eternally long to us unprofessionals and overeager fans). She was in control of her self and the band, being the front person and lead singer. Her mother says she loves her audience and it was evident in everything she did. She announced her songs, gave credit to the writers, or if a cover song...to the original band, told stories about the music or in one case...one of her guitars that had some artwork done on it by her sister, I think she said.

I was totally submerged in the spell that Marnee wove. Her voice is like a bird in flight who is merely flying for the love of flying. Marnee was in total control as her voice took flight. Her voice would be slow and high, then stop and start at a faster beat high then low and swirling and turning with sudden drops or soaring to amazing highs and leaving you there, suspended. After an hour or so of this, even after seeing her for myself, I still can't fathom so much talent, so much confidence, so much professionalism in one young lady.

I emailed Wendi (Marnee's mother) when I returned home and I want to include an exerpt of her return email to me. I'm sure she won't mind...

She was on the radio a few times this past year and people ask her what she thinks of when she is performing- one time she said a river ...flowing. last week in an interview she said she just goes to this place she calls drifting.

We used to talk til we were blue in the face-she just has something "magical" and powerful. She has an amazing effect through her music.

I decided to cut her bio short on line a couple years ago because suffice it to say "CDs & Videos are not able to fully capture the amazing musical expression & energy that Marnee exudes. While Marnee is simply doing something she loves, if you ever get a chance to experience a performance of Marnee live - this is a moment you will always remember ".

And indeed I will always remember the 12 year old girl, who took me on an amazing fllight with her voice and her music. I told her mom that Marnee was powerful and she will indeed be a powerful force in the music world one day soon.

I will get pictures up soon.

Dernière édition par shurdley le Jeu 18 Juin - 17:12, édité 1 fois
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Jeu 18 Juin - 16:08

Very interesting, thanks.
It was quite long to read, because I'm not really comfortable with english. Mad
You're so lucky. I'd really love to see a concert like that. Smile

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Jeu 18 Juin - 17:37

I am sorry if you had problems with the English. I am not used to writing for people whose first language is not English. I apologize for being inconsiderate. Sad If you have any questions, please PM me. I do admire any one who can speak a different language, because I have no skills at it what soever.

Gabe Shaffer-djembe (When There's Gravity) ( Marnee's brother)

Dernière édition par shurdley le Jeu 18 Juin - 19:32, édité 1 fois
shurdley

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Jeu 18 Juin - 18:29

More pics......

Dernière édition par shurdley le Jeu 18 Juin - 19:05, édité 2 fois
Rakugaki
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Jeu 18 Juin - 18:59

No problem with your english, it's just me. Razz
Thank you for the picture. Marnée is beautiful, as always.
Who is the boy ?

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Ven 19 Juin - 0:21

The boy is Marnee's nine year old brother, Gabe. He playes djembe on "When There's Gravity'.
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Ven 19 Juin - 4:10

Well, this is a great post Shurdley! Very Happy
I didn't mind reading this, but I am a pretty fast reader. I loved the way you tried to put your experience into words and you did quite well. Thanks for this. I really hope Marnee can come out to the Southern California area to do some concerts in the near future. I can't really get away to go long distance. Great photos also! Thank you for those. Did you see my PM to you a couple days ago?
Bobby

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 30/12/2009

MessageSujet: marnee at 12, one year ago   Dim 3 Jan - 18:53

http://www.tfctalent.com
Rakugaki
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Dim 3 Jan - 20:13

I merged your new thread with this one. Please check the forum before creating a new thread, Marnée still had one. Smile

And of course, Marnée is still fantastic ! Very Happy

Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 16/06/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Lun 4 Jan - 13:24

Well, the video is posted on the previous site too. Just click the search button on the top Bobby, then you can easily find out if there is already a thread Wink

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Lun 28 Mar - 21:53

Haven´t posted about Marnée for awhile. I have been on the Tube long enough that I have now seen many preteen or barely teen Girl Singers become more mature sounding fully fledged TEEN singers. There are only a few, and Marnée is one of them, that I can say have become or remain amazing as they become older. I always knew Marnée was special and would bring us alot of nice music, but she has exceeded even my high expectations for her. She has certainly completely established her sound and identity. Maybe she is not for everyone, but I LOVE her music and style. It cannot be argued that she has become a virtuoso at guitar. I cannot remember her birthday at this moment, but I think she just very recently has turned 14. Here is her newest song that just blows me away. Shocked

A great song with just photos.

fangji

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 27/07/2010

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Mar 29 Mar - 16:12

She's a good guitarist at this age.
Very Happy
Rakugaki
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Mar 29 Mar - 18:56

Marnée is still really good, I love her !

MessageSujet: Re: Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.   Aujourd'hui à 14:24

Marnee, amazing 11 yr old singer and guitar player.
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2