~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Do you like child actors too?

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4
AuteurMessage
sunshine282

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 06/08/2010

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Mer 11 Aoû - 19:13

Some of child actors I like are:

Jodie Foster - Little girl who lives down the lane,Taxi driver
Anna Paquin - Piano (Incredible performance - and my most all time fav movie)
Kirsten Dunst - Interview with a vamire
Christina Ricci, Gabby Hoffman - Now and Then
Alison Porter- Curly Sue (shes an amazing singer too)

Now:

Jodelle Ferland - Tideland (Incredible performance)
Dakota Fanning - I am Sam, Hounddog (its amazing how shes able to play any type of a role)
Elle Fanning - Phoebe in wonderland
Abigail Breslin - Little miss sunshine, Keane
Noah Hathaway - The neverending story
Elijah wood - Good son
Kirsten Stewart - Panic room
Anna Sophia Robb - Sleepwalking
Freddie Highmore - August Rush (amazing performance)
H.J.Osment - AI
Lindsay Lohan - Parent trap and Freaky friday
Kate Maberly - The secret garden
Liesel Matthews - Little princess
Anna Chlumsky - My girl

...and many many more Wink
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3048
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Jeu 12 Aoû - 1:07

Hey Sunshine 282, thanks for this post. OH MY! Has it been that long for Alisan Porter? She is 29 now and pretty much disappeared from films after Curly Sue. I had not seen the Star Search video, so thanks for that. She is singing very good as an older teen/young adult doing the Janis Joplin song. I will have to check further if she ever did any professional recordings.

Some of these same actors on your list I have put in my main post in this thread, which is on page 5. See that when you can. It is a post that I come back to and add a little when I get the time.

Christina Ricci and Gabby Hoffman who you mention for Now and Then, did movies when they were a little younger, and so did Jodie Foster. Well, just see my post with the photos when you get the time. My idea was just to present actors that are still making movies that started when they were kids. Jodelle Ferland and Abigail Breslin, and Anna Sophie Robb are all really good, but they are still quite young, so I did not put them on my list. ASRobb is in the thread I started titled Actor/Actress Singers Combination, because she has done some recordings as a singer.
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
sunshine282

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Jeu 12 Aoû - 11:13

Yes,Alisan grew up so much,and she still has that powerful voice she used to have as a child.Youre right,she has dissapeared from movies after Curly Sue,what a shame!Ive seen her in a small role in the movie Stella with Bettie Midler,and in the movie Parenthood,but not more.All I know shes on Broadway in Cats and Ten commadments and shes singing in the bars.Love her song The End song
Heres her Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/thealisanporterproject

And that Janis Joplin Cry baby is amazing.If youre interested,heres the other video from star search,she is sooo cute here.Singing like that at the age of five..woow.

Ive seen your post and there are some of the child actors in my post same as yours.We have kind of similar taste Wink Ive seen Cristina Ricci and Gabby Hoffman in movies when they were much younger,I just mentioned Now and Then because their performances impressed me the most here.What ever happened to Gabby Hoffman,dont you know?I really liked her so much.Christina is pretty good also now,have you seen Black snake moan?Shes just incredible there.

Oh,I didnt know that your idea was to present child actors who continue with acting.Ok,I will put here those I know about and like.Some of them are already in my post,like Jodie Foster (my fav actress by the way),Anna Paquin,Kirsten Dunst,Christina Ricci,Elijah Wood,Kirsten Stewart and Lindsay Lohan.
And those actresses Ive post who are still kids,or teens,sorry for that,I didnt mean to mess up with this thread No . Oh,I didnt know that AS Robb is a singer too,will check her out Very Happy
Thank you for letting me know!
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Sam 14 Aoû - 17:56

You didn't mess anything up Sunshine282. The idea of presenting working actresses/actors of today that started acting as children is my main post in this thread. This thread is for anything on child actors, so you are doing fine. I have a main post in this thread that I go back to and add when I have the time and feel like it. So no need to apologize. Appreciate your posts. Thanks. The little Alisan Porter singing is really cute. Seems singing is her main thing now as an adult and I like it.

I just added Wikipedia links to my main post. If you click on that link for Gabby, you can read more, but to say it briefly, it seems Gaby quit acting for awhile to pursue her college studies. After that she returned to acting, buy mostly the stage. Since 2007, she has started to slowly return to film acting.
sunshine282

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Jeu 19 Aoû - 10:09

Thanks a lot for the info about Gabby girlsingerfan Very Happy Will check the link also.Would love to see her in movies now,she was pretty good as a child,so I guess shes also great as an adult.I never didnt really get,why the most of child actors just dissapeared and not continue with acting.Its not about the skills,cause if youre talented,youre never gonna loose it.And the thing is,that also HW is slowly destroying them. Sad

Well,it seems that Alison is mostly in singing and music,then dancing and choreography.I still think shes amazing.

Yesterday Ive watched "Andre" with my niece,it was on TV.Do you remember it?It has Tina Majorino in a lead role,she was also great.Ive seen her in some other movies,like "Corrina,Corrina","Waterworld" or "Alice in Wonderland",and I like all her performances.

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Ven 20 Aoû - 23:08

In response to your post Sunshine282.

I do not know what HW is. Sorry.

My main post in this thread on page5 has a kind of long explanation of what I am doing in the thread. In that explanation, I mention that even though many child actors do not have continuing acting careers as adults, there are many more that do the past 30 years or so than there used to be from the 30s through about 1970.

I know Tina Majorino quite well in all the movies you mentioned except Alice in Wonderland. The other two I saw when she was still a preteen are New York Crossing with another child actress, Mischa Barton and When a Man Loves a Woman, with fellow child star Mae Whitman. You must know Mae Whitman don´t you? This movie is the first time I saw both Tina and Mae. Really good job by both of them when they were very young. 9 and 6 I think, but they may have started filming when they were 8 and 5. Tina and Mae were on my list on page 5, but I had not got to doing the added posts on them. I will do that today, so please see my new posts. They will be towards the bottom of it on page 5. Also look for my other posts on page 5 for Hallie Kate Eisenberg in a commercial and Dakota Fanning and Christina Ricci in music videos. I also posted Anna Paquin accepting her academy award.

Gaby Hoffmann was one of the most talented little actresses of the past 20 years, so I agree with you on her. She and her mom decided her education was important, so she quit for awhile and started a slow comeback in acting. That seems like a good thing. You really should read the wikipedia on her. Her story is interesting on how she grew up and her mom wrote a book about her adventures at the hotel they lived in, inspired by the old classic books of Eloise.

Here is a video with photos of child actress from the 1920s to the 1970s. My favorite little actress of all time is in there, Margaret O´Brien, and another favorite, Natalie Wood.

Margaret O´Brien in scenes from Tenth Avenue Angel.
kyle815

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 23/08/2010

MessageSujet: August Rush   Mar 24 Aoû - 13:26

Recently I watched the movie called August Rush by Freddie Highmore, the story really touched me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426931/

http://kyle815.blog.163.com
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Mer 1 Sep - 23:14

Hey Kyle815 and also Sunshine282. Thanks for your attention to this thread and my posts. I know that movie August Rush. In fact, I have come across it several times lately just channel surfing as we say. The only thing I did not like about the movie is that it overdoes the parts of how it brings together the mom and dad with August, like it some big spritual thing or something and unrealistic actually. Besides that, I did enjoy the movie. I actually first became aware of that movie when the song was nominated for an academy award and they performed it at the Academy Awards ceremony. Jamia Simone Nash did a solo at the awards show that was amazing. I have known Jamia ever since I saw her perform on Live at the Apollo Theater t.v. show when she was 6 I think. She is the little black girl that befriends August in the movie and sings with the choir. I posted her and a little something about the movie in the Actor & Actress/Singer Combination thread if you want to look at that.

Here is a clip from the movie when Jamia is singing and first notices August. The video in the other thread is from when Jamia is maybe one year older and singing live at the Academy Awards.

I said I would post a little video or two every time I add to my main post on page 5. I did not add much, but I did add the little actress in this clip. This is Sarah Polley in Lantern Hill.

fangji

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 27/07/2010

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Lun 13 Sep - 8:32

i like Mark Lester and Tracy Hyde from Melody. they are cute and the movie is good.

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Mar 14 Sep - 20:13

I have seen that movie 3 or 4 times in my life. You forgot to mention that it also has Jack Wild, who was with Mark Lester in Oliver! also. Fun movie told from the point of view of the kids. The other big thing about this movie is all the Bee Gees songs, including the title track, but actually a little different title, Melody Fair.
sunshine282

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Jeu 23 Sep - 7:37

Hey guys!

Yeah,youre right with August Rush girlsingerfan.Even though I love the movie so much and enjoying the performance of Freddie Highmore,there are a lot of things unreal.Well,the connection between August parents is on the spiritual level.The love which never be forgotten,Im ok with that. Augusts passion for the music,how he is able to hear it in everything is just amazing.On the other side,he is not like an ordinary kid,and the fact,that hes grown up in an orphanage maybe made him to believe more that his parents are alive and he can find them through his music.All his journey is full of unrealistic things,like a part where he is just like Oliver Twist...but in spite of this all,Im still loving it,and it always make me cry.And the music is si strong,guiding us throughout the whole movie.
And Jamia Simone Nash is of course awesome,love her voice!
I havent seen Melody,and Lanterhill as well Sad Embarassed

Girlsingerfan: Woow,great clips,Margaret O´Brien is so cute,and I love Elizabeth Talyor in Lassie and the movies with Shirley Temple when she was a kid.She was so great in Little princess cheers
When a man loves a woman is classic!Of course I know Mae Whittman,shes amazing.Loved her in Hope floats and One fine day.Now a days she reminds me of Alison Lohman,theres something so similar in their looks,dont you think?Lohman was terrific in White Oleander,have you seen that movie?

Strange thing is,I always thought,that Alison Lohman is a little girl from Alice in Wonderland,movie made in 1985 for TV.But its not her,even though they look as the same person to me.Anyway,the little girl is Natalie Gregory,and Alice in wonderland with her performance is my favourite redition of the story.Here she is:

Ive been checking your post on page 5.And I can say,that I agree with almost 100% about all the actrors and actresses with everything youve said,and your choices of movies!Most of them Ive already mentioned before too.
The only one Ive never heard of is Elisabeth Moss.Ive never seen her.But you have mentioned,that she was in Girl,interrupted.Love the movie,and both,Winona and Angelina were terrific.Winona should continue acting more,her acting skills are amazing.
And youve mentioned Lindsay Lohan.In spite of everything shes been doing now,or what shes known for these days, I still think,that she is talented.Love the Parent trap,but I think that her best "adult" performance was in Georgia rule,and the best movies she was in are on my opinion Bobby and Paririe home companion.

PS:HW supposed to be Hollywood,Ive been too lazy to write it Embarassed , sorry for that Girlsingerfan.
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Ven 24 Sep - 21:36

Hey Sunshine. I need to come back to this when I have more time, but I will make a few comments. I do know Alison Lohman. I have seen White Oleander twice. She is so lovely and such a heartbreaking performance. I fell in love with her a little I think. She is one of those that looks younger than she is. She is actually about 20 or 21 when she made that movie I think. I also really liked her in The Big Fish. I do need to say more, but I have to get somewhere. Next time I will add to this. Thanks again for taking the time to see my posts and comment. More soon.
UKR

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 19/11/2009

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Dim 26 Sep - 14:15

My favorite child actresses and such movies are:

Elle Fanning (Phoebe in Wonderland)

Georgina Terry (Pollyanna)

Asha Menina (House of cards)

Noley Thornton (Heidi)

Abigail Stone (The Dark)

Aryana Engineer (Orphan)

Drew Barrymore (Firestarter)

Skye McCole Bartysiak (Love comes softly, Don't say a word, Firestarter 2 Rekindled)

Georgie Henley (The Chronicles of Narnia)

Dernière édition par UKR le Mar 5 Oct - 19:20, édité 1 fois
http://www.youtube.com/user/jesus4everr
sunshine282

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Lun 27 Sep - 7:18

Hey UKR,nice choices!Elle Fanning was terrific in Phoebe in Wonderland.She is talented just like her sister,would love to see her in more leading roles.
I remember House of cards,great drama and I also like Skye McCole Bartusiak,Ive seen her in many movies of a different genre and shes always so professional,even as a child.Oh,and Noley Thornton...i havent seen her for ages,almost forget about her Embarassed she was so cute.So what happened to her,is she still in acting,dont you know?
And do you guys remember Mara Wilson,little girl from Matilda nad Mrs.Doubtfire?She was so cute and such a talented little girl.
Here she is:

Have a nice day Great
UKR

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 19/11/2009

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Lun 27 Sep - 11:11

Unfortunately, Noley last film (Promised land) was in 1998 as imdb.com writes. Now we know nothing about her even any picture. Also she was great in 'Fine things' in 1990.
And Mara Wilson, yes, is pretty girl too as I saw her in Matilda and 'Miracle on 34th Street'. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/user/jesus4everr
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Mar 28 Sep - 19:31

Hey guys. Good choices. I certainly know both Noley Thornton and Mara Wilson. They are not on the list on my main post of this thread, because the purpose of that post is to list actresses and actors still busy these days in film, that started as kids. Both Noley and Mara seemed to have disappeared from film and not really done anything as adults. I believe both of them quit film for a time to concentrate on their education and having a regular teen and young adult life. Maybe they will return someday. I have seen Noley in several things if you count t.v. episodes. She was good in Finer Things, but the two things I most remember her for are Heidi and a Star Trek:Next Generation episode. I first saw Mara Wilson in Mrs. Doubtfire and also saw Matilda, A Simple Wish and Miracle on 34th St. I still remember Mara for a weird incident concerning the Internet or maybe more specifically imdb.com, which is my main Internet tool for research on fiim. Mara was actually reported as having died. It was on the Internet as being so for about a week before it got corrected. She is of course, still alive.That was right around 1999 or 2000. I can't remember exactly for sure, but I do remember that happening. Weird.

Dernière édition par girlsingerfan le Sam 2 Oct - 19:00, édité 1 fois
sunshine282

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Ven 1 Oct - 17:25

Thank you for your answer UKR Very Happy ...well,it seems shes off acting since 1998...and Mara is so cute,Miracle on 34th street is one of the movies we watch every Christmas,never get tired of it Wink

Girlsingerfan: Yeah,I remember Noley also in Beverly Hills 902 10,she played Dylans sister Wink She was so cute. I do think that parents of them both,Noley and Mara wanted them to have a proper childhood and teenage years and focus more on education.Its a good thing for them.And I also hope they will decide to come back into acting,cause their both are talented.Oh.Ive never heard rumours about Maras death though,but its really weird!Ive seen all her movies,such a big talent she has.Time ago I ve been on IMDB board for one of my favourites movie Now and Then and I have found out,that Ashleigh Aston Moore,who played Chrissy died back in 2007.What a shock for me,I didnt know it.Its really sad,so young...things like that make me crazy,I remember when I found out that Brad Renfro died,I was so shocked,couldnt believe it.You know,Im not reading rumours or news,so i dont know about life celebrities have,I do think its their personal bussiness,so things like that always make me so sad Sad

But,lets talk about more cheerful or funny things. Do you remember little Miko Hughes? Laughing

Love that part...hehe.And he was just the scariest little boy in Pet cemetery,he freaks me out affraid

And do you guys remember Emily Perkins?

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Sam 2 Oct - 19:14

Hey UKR, good to see your posts. You have some nice choices. I still need to see the Orphan. I have known of it for awhile. Maybe I will try to rent it soon. I know all the actresses on your list except Georgina Terry, Abigail Stone, and Aryana Engineer. I will try to find those sometime. Thanks. Skye McCole Bartysiak was doing some singing back when I first started on Youtube three years ago. I have lost track of her though. Don´t know if she has stayed with singing at all.

One thing I will tell you Sunshine282, that maybe I said before in the forum, is that I have not been into the movies, either with child stars or not, like I used to be. I used to know so much about movies up until about 2000. I still see some and I still know some of the newer child actors, but I do not strive to know everything like I used to.

I only know Ashleigh Aston Moore from Now and Then. The other three in that movie I know very well, but for Ashleigh, that was the only one. I only just barely know who Emily Perkins is and I don´t know what I have seen her in. I know Miko Hughes from the two things you put here. Kindergarten Cop and Pet Cemetary.
sunshine282

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Lun 4 Oct - 16:32

Oh,ok girlsingerfan.Im a little much into movies,not only those with childs stars,so sorry if my posts are mostly about movies. Rolling Eyes

Emily Perkins impressed me with her performance in Small sacrifices,made back in 1989 I think.Its based on a true story about a woman who shoot her children for a love of a man.Terrible.It has Farrah Fawcett in a leading role.And then Emily also was in Stephen Kings IT.I though you will maybe know about her.And as far as I know,she still continues acting a little,I ve seen her also in Juno.

girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Lun 4 Oct - 21:32

No need to apologize Sunshine282. I like your posts. I am just saying I do not know about movies that last 10 years as much as I did before that. I have seen Juno and It and all episodes of Dead Like Me, so I must know Emily Perkins, but did not remember. Don't have much time today. More Wednesday. Thanks again for all your posts.
Sam1989

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 21/01/2014

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Lun 27 Jan - 23:20

Speaking on this topic. Yes, I like child actors too. Here is list of my favorite movies:
http://fisunov.blogspot.com/2014/10/my-favorite-movies.html

Dernière édition par Sam1989 le Ven 30 Jan - 5:02, édité 4 fois
http://fisunov.blogspot.com/
girlsingerfan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Sam 1 Fév - 6:22

Hey Sam1989! I looked a bit at your link. I do know several of those for sure, but as far as the ones I do not know, I am sorry I do not have the lifestyle or time or whatever, to keep up with that like I used to. Back in the pre Internet days and my life was different and I seemed to have more time to devote to movies, I knew so much about movies with young actresses, but now I just catch something here and there. It is a bit easier to keep up with the GirlSingers, and I am having difficulty doing that now because there are so many now.  Very Happy 
Thanks for your trying though.
Sam1989

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 21/01/2014

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Mar 4 Fév - 21:05

girlsingerfan a écrit:
It is a bit easier to keep up with the GirlSingers, and I am having difficulty doing that now because there are so many now.  Very Happy

Yeah there is really children in almost every American movie and TV Series. I guess children are making movies better even if they are show up for a few seconds. So it's going to be impossible to watch all movies with child actors.

girlsingerfan a écrit:
but now I just catch something here and there.

Separately I can recommend "Jørgen + Anne = sant". Maria Annette Tanderød Berglyd is prettiest and one of my favorite child actresses after this movie now.

"Ystäväni Henry" is Finnish movie and one of my favorite movies. And it is very unusual movie about friendship of two children. I love depressing atmosphere in that movie.

The other my favorite movie is Czech movie called Alice in English translation, which I found out about thanks to this thread on this forum. For me it is a a very beautiful movie. I find little girls and old abandoned houses buildings together to be sadly poetic and strangely beautiful like in a dream. And Kristýna Kohoutová is one of my favorite child actresses because of that movie.

Alice in the Cities (1974) is also one of the most beautiful movies with child actress in lead role. Yella Rottlander is also one of my favorite child actresses because of that movie.

I also think documentary "Poto and Cabengo" (1980) should be more popular. It is a magical movie for me because I very like topic of foreign languages so it was very captivating to hear story of little girls who possible made their own language. I wish I had my own language which I could speak so only few people can understand and be special.

I also very like Dakota Fanning when she was a child. I think she is the best for everyone and everyone's favorite child actress, because if not then who else? She is a legend and was really a superstar. My favorite movie of her is Uptown Girls because I like her character in that movie. Next. I never was impressed by any movie more than I was impressed by "War of the Worlds". This is already legendary movie for me and the best movie made in "Sci-Fi" genre. And "Hide and Seek" is the best horror movie for me. I very like atmosphere and Dakota was very pretty in this movie. I also like "I Am Sam", "Man on Fire", "Taken (TV Mini-Series)", "Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story", "Charlotte's Web".

Dernière édition par Sam1989 le Mer 8 Oct - 20:20, édité 1 fois
http://fisunov.blogspot.com/
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Do you like child actors too?   Aujourd'hui à 17:39

Do you like child actors too?
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 4 sur 4Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4