~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Sacha Edwards. A real Rock and Roll Girl Singer!!

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3048
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Sacha Edwards. A real Rock and Roll Girl Singer!!   Mar 30 Déc - 5:28

I have discovered many Girl Singers, but only a few have attempted hard rock songs and none that I have known before do it on a regular basis. Now there is 12 year old Sacha Edwards. At least she is 12 in most of the videos on Youtube and a couple where she is just 11. Her band in some videos is mostly youthful boys and they are not real good, but do OK. She does do a few acapella songs at home where she sings a bit mellower and they are mostly songs she has written. I hope some of you enjoy this as something a little rare as I do. My only complaint is that if you watch all her videos, you find that sometimes she tries to do too much when her voice is not quite ready for it. She is really into what she does, and she mostly does a good job I think, but she needs to give herself time to develop the vocal chords to really scream rock and roll.

Let's start out with something a little softer and then go to the even harder rockin' stuff.

Sacha Edwards
Bob Dylan's Knock, Knock, Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

One of my favorite oldies. Jefferson Airplane's(Grace Slick) Somebody to Love.

This starts off easy before it starts to rock. Heart's Crazy On You.

Something a little different at home. A little more soft. Acapella is difficult. She has written a few songs and this is one of them.
I Wonder

Something from AC/DC

Another one from home. She says she wrote this two years ago, so that would be at about 10 yrs. old.
I Wanna Be Different.

Dernière édition par girlsingerfan le Mer 31 Déc - 3:49, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927

MessageSujet: Re: Sacha Edwards. A real Rock and Roll Girl Singer!!   Mar 30 Déc - 17:30

As I told you, I don't really like her because she seems older (the voice too). But, of course, she's a good singer with a lot of energy ! Very Happy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 25/12/2008

MessageSujet: Re: Sacha Edwards. A real Rock and Roll Girl Singer!!   Mer 31 Déc - 4:45

This was very interesting to see.

I had been wondering if there were any young singer who did Rock music.
There was one or two on JESC...

Sacha Edwards does about as well as anyone could expect her to for her age.

...Having now seen them do Rock I think I can see why so few do though...
It doesn't quite come off at authentic. It doesn't play to their greatest strengths...

I am happy to see this though - it's good to be able to see how well they can do at it. Smile
I hope she does enjoy it. She seems to.

Cool2
girlsingerfan

Number of posts : 3048

MessageSujet: Re: Sacha Edwards. A real Rock and Roll Girl Singer!!   Mer 31 Déc - 6:08

Hello AndyKiwi, Welcome here. Always nice to see new active posters here. I think your post on Sacha is maybe a polite way to say you don't like her so much, but maybe she is Ok or maybe a little interesting. That's OK. Smile

I like so many kinds of music, both with adults and children, so I just was happy to discover a True Rock and Roll Girlsinger and she is also a songwriter. Another of my favorites, Sara Niemietz did a great Janis Joplin, but she sang mostly R & B as a kid. As I said, I have heard just a few Girl Singers take on a hard rock song, but this seems to be Sacha's main thing, so she is a nice new discovery for me.
http://youtube.com/user/girlsingerfan
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Sacha Edwards. A real Rock and Roll Girl Singer!!   Aujourd'hui à 14:24

Sacha Edwards. A real Rock and Roll Girl Singer!!
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1