~Kids Vocal~ Forum

News about kids singers from all the world !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
kosm1fent

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 29/04/2008

MessageSujet: JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...   Jeu 28 Aoû - 15:25

Here is the thing that stole my whole summer, but I have to say I enjoyed it! That’s a research about the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, maybe the most famous song contest for young singers (at least for me Razz )
Perhaps you are already informed about some facts. Not the “the age limits are from 10 to 15, blah-blah…” but you may suspect some countries which you think they are the most successful. I’m here to present the most successful or the most unsuccessful country, how many points have every country exchanged with the others and so on. And everything will be accompanied with FACTS.

OK, here are some things I have to say before I proceed with the results. Please READ CAREFULLY:

• I’m a human being, not a robot! And a native Greek-speaker, not an English one! So if you spot any mistake, please let me know… Wink

• As I prepared the Top5 lists, I noticed a lot of ties. I’ll try to explain my tie- breaker:
    • Consider the following list:
      1.Belarus 21
      2.Greece 20
      3.Portugal 19
      4.Armenia 19
      5.Belgium 19
      6.Cyprus 19

I think it’s obvious that, in order to make a top5 list, we have to break the tie. I’ve decided that the country with the least appearances to JESC should come on top. That’s because it is harder to collect 19 points in 3 that in 5 years… Wink
      Considering that, the list goes this way:
      1.Belarus 21
      2.Greece 20
      3.Armenia 19
      4.Portugal 19
      5.Cyprus 19

6.Belgium 19

And the top5 is in bold (poor Belgium…) Wink .

• In order to read the maps I’ve posted correctly, consider these:
    • The country we study is always colored this way.

• There are two kinds of maps; one which shows the average points given from this country and one which shows the average points this country received.

• I’ve split the average points (0-12) to 6 smaller categories: 0-2, 2-4, 4-6, 6-8, 8-10 and 10-12. But watch out. For example, if the Netherlands give an average 2 points to Russia, on the map of Russia the Netherlands go to the 2-4 category, not the 0-2. And so on…

• I’ve connected every category with the same color, with a different tone, though. The tone starts from lighter (0-2) to darker (10-12). So, the darker a country is, the more average points it gives to this country or receives from it.

• The countries who didn’t participate when this country did are colored grey.

• You’ll notice that I have a small section in the bottom right corner on the map, called “Serbia & Montenegro”. It has a map of the former Serbia & Montenegro in it. It was impossible to present the results of this former country on the main map, so there it goes. Consider this as a part of the map. Honestly, this topic was a huge problem for me and thanks to Rakugaki for helping me out! Very Happy

• For every question about the maps, don’t hesitate to contact me! Smile

• When I’m saying that a country (e.g. Greece) has strong “voting relationships” with another (e.g. U.S.A.), I mean that the U.S.A. is in both Top 5 lists (points given / points received).

• For the “Predictions for the 2008 contest” section: Don’t blame me if my predictions are wrong, statistics don’t mean everything! Also, there is a new voting system now…Seriously, when I’m saying for example “…These countries who ended 2nd last year…”, with the “last year” I don’t mean the year 2006, I mean… hmmmm, I need an example here too…
    • Let’s consider Greece (2nd in 2003, 4th in 2004), Cyprus (2nd in 2004, 5th in 2005) and Germany (2nd in 2005, 3rd in 2006). There I say: “These countries who ended 2nd last year, finished on Top 5 next year.”

• Maybe I’ve told you that I’m absolutely AGAINST the fact that, since 2005, all the countries are given 12 points at the beginning of the voting procedure. The EBU officials say that this will help the confidence of the children whose song failed to get a single point. But I think this underestimates the children’s intelligence. Anyway, we can’t do anything. But in this research I’ve not considered these fake 12 points, in order to be accurate.

• I’d like to point a finger to the Wikipedia editors who edited the JESC 2006 article, because the scoreboard was absolutely HORRIBLE and the INFINITE mistakes on it slowed down this research.

• I’ve tried to make the presentation as objective as possible. If you still find some parts not-so objective, please contact me…

• Finally, I hope you find this research as interesting as I do. But don’t copy my research and put your name on it! I promise, i'll help you get rid off a huge weight from your body (your HEAD!)... Twisted Evil Laughing

Now we made some things clear and we can proceed to the main part… Wink
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: Re: JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...   Jeu 28 Aoû - 15:34

Some graphs about JESC:

The following graph shows roughly how successful every performance number from 1 to 15 is. The shortest the bar is, the more successful this performance number is.

(The numbers on one bar show the final position of every year's entry, performing at this nunber)

The following graph shows how many boys, girls and bands have participated to JESC (not considering the 2008 entries):

As we see, there is a great balance, but there are slightly more girls...

Some random and nonsense facts about JESC:
  • Only 2 of the 6 contests were hosted at the host country¢s capital, 2003 (Copenhagen, Denmark) and 2006 (Bucharest, Romania). The other contests were hosted in big cities, as 2004 (Lillehammer, Norway), 2005 (Hasselt, Belgium), 2007 (Rotterdam, the Netherlands) and 2008 (Lemessos, Cyprus).

• Here is the list with the average points every country collected (per contest):
As you see, the most successful country in JESC is Spain...

Dernière édition par kosm1fent le Dim 7 Sep - 17:32, édité 1 fois
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: Re: JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...   Jeu 28 Aoû - 15:51

Which are the most / least popular entries by position? (Most / least average points)

1st position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Antes muerta que sencilla” – Maria Isabel (9.5 points per country)
Least popular: “S druzyami” – Alexey Zhigalkovich (7.35 points per country)

2nd position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Te tiago flores” Antonio Jose (7.88 points per country)
Least popular: “Erazanq” – Arevik (7.29 points per country)

3rd position (5 entries):
Most popular: “My song for the world” – Tom Morley (7.38 points per country)
Least popular: “Piši mi” – Nevena Božović (6.35 points per country)

4th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Îţi Mulţumesc” – Noni Razvan Ene (6.83 points per country)
Least popular: “Tantsui” – Volha Satsiuk (4.63 points per country)

5th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Pigen er min” – Cool Kids (6.28 points per country)
Least popular: “Turai!” – Alina Eremia (4.53 points per country)

6th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Otlichnitsa” – Alexandra Golovchenka (5.47 points per country)
Least popular: “Si on voulait bien” – Thomas (4.33 points per country)

7th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Bonbonlandija” – Bon-Bon (4.35 points per country)
Least popular: “Like a star” – Sarah Harrisson (3.5 points per country)

8th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Nu eller aldrig” – Frida Sanden (4.18 points per country)
Least popular: “Agoria – Koritsia” – Louis Panagiotou & Christina Christofi (3.06 points per country)

9th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Doroga K Solntsu” – Vlad Krutskikh & Street Magic (3.18 points per country)
Least popular: “Tu esi vasara” – Djintars Cica (2.31 points per country)

10th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Mes rêves” – Lindsay Daenen (3 points per country)
Least popular: “Accroche toi” – Free Spirits (2.06 points per country)

11th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Extra Cute” – Sophie Debatista (2.4 points per country)
Least popular: “Mijn ogen zeggen alles” – Roel Fellius (1.44 points per country)

12th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Goed” – Kimberly (2.13 points per country)
Least popular: “Power of a song” – Young Talent Team (0.78 points per country)

13th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Den Pirazi” – Chloe Boleti (1.53 points per country)
Least popular: “En stjerne skal jeg bli” – @lek (0.67 points per country)

14th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Efhi” – Theodora Rafti and “I mousiki dini ftera” – Yiorgos Ioannidis (1 point per country)
Least popular: “Spiavaitse sa mnoju” – Yahor Vauchok (0.5 points per country)

15th position (5 entries):
Most popular: “Varför jag?” – Limelights (0.83 points per country)
Least popular: “Vljublena” – Zana Aliu (0.13 points per country)

16th position (4 entries):
Most popular: “Make it right!” – Thea & Friends (0.35 points per country)
Least popular: “So quero e cantar” – Jorge Leiria (0.18 points per country)

17th position (2 entries):
Most popular: “Balts vai melns” – Martins Talbergs and C-stones juniors (0.17 points per country)
Least popular: “Kapou Mperdeftika” – Made in Greece (0.11 points per country)

18th position (1 entry):
Most/least popular: “Łap Życie” – KwadRO (0.17 points per country)

Generally in JESC:
Most popular: “Antes muerta que sencilla” – Maria Isabel (9.5 points per country)
Least popular: “Kapou Mperdeftika” – Made in Greece (0.11 points per country)

Now we'll proceed with each country individually... Wink
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: GREECE   Jeu 28 Aoû - 16:23

Some facts about Greece:
  • Greece has participated to every JESC.

• Greece is one of the 10 least successful countries, collecting an average of 40 points per contest.

• Greece’s best position was 6th in 2005 (“Tora ine I sira mas” – Alexandros & Kalli). They received from each country an average of 4.47 points.

• Greece’s worst position was 17th (last) in 2007 (“Kapou Mperdeftika” – Made in Greece). They received from each country an average of 0.11 points, the lowest ever in JESC.

• Greece’s last position in 2007 was the first Greek last position ever, both in Junior and Senior Eurovision.

• Greece is the first country ever appeared on JESC stage. It’s also the first country ever voted.

• In every contest until 2005, Greece performed (and voted) first.

• The first Greek representative, Nicolas Ganopoulos, is the youngest performer ever appeared to JESC, being only 8 years old at the time of his appearance.

• 3 of the 5 Greek entries were sung by bands.

• The Greek Broadcaster is ERT (ÅëëçíéêÞ Ñáäéïöùíßá Ôçëåüñáóç / Greek Radio Television)

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Greece:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Greece

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Greece:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Greece:

As we see from above and the complete scoreboards:
  • Greece hasn’t received a single point from Ukraine, Portugal, Armenia, Georgia, Lithuania and Bulgaria.

• Greece received its first set of points (7) from Croatia.

• Greece received its first set of 12 points from Cyprus (in 2003).

• Greece gave every year 12 points to Cyprus with the exception of 2005, because Cyprus didn’t participate. Then Greece gave 12 points to Spain.

• Greece never gave the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia a single point.

• Even through Greece gave to Spain a total of 35 points, Spain gave back to Greece only 3 (2 in 2005 and 1 in 2004).

• The same happens with Belarus. Greece gave to them a total of 29 points, but Belarus gave back only 1 (in 2003).

• In a smaller scale, that happens with Denmark too. Greece gave them a total of 20 points and Denmark gave back only 8 (7 in 2005 and 1 in 2003).

• Generally, we see that Greece has strong “voting relationships” with Cyprus and Romania.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Greece received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

From the graph above we see that:
  • Greece has fed up receiving 1 point. They have received so far 9 sets of that.

• Greece has never received so far any set of 8 or 10 points.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: CROATIA   Jeu 28 Aoû - 16:40

Some facts about Croatia:
  • Croatia made 4 appearances to JESC (2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006).

• Croatia is the 8th most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 81 points percontest.

• Croatia¢s best position was 1st in 2003 (“Ti si moja prva ljubav” – Dino Jelusic). It received from each participating country an average of 8.37 points.

• Croatia¢s worst position was 12th in 2005 (“Rock Baby” – Lorena Jelusic). It received from each participating country an average of 1.41 points.

• Croatia is the country which won the first JESC with the song “Ti si moja prva ljubav”, sung by Dino Jelusic.

• Croatia¢s victory in 2003 broke a tradition, originally belonging to Senior Eurovision. At the 53 years of Senior Eurovision, no country who performed at No. 2 in the show ever won. At the first JESC, Croatia performed at No. 2 and won.

• Croatia managed 1 time to collect points from all countries (in 2003 / 25% of all contests Croatia appeared).

• Every Croatian entry performed solo in the show.

• The Croatian Broadcaster is HRT (Hrvatska Radiotelevizija / Croatian Radiotelevision)

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Croatia:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Croatia:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Croatia:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Croatia:

• Croatia hasn¢t received a single point only from Portugal.

• Croatia received its first set of points (10) from Greece.

• Croatia received its first set of 12 points from the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia (in 2003).

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia gave every year 12 points to Croatia; with the exception of 2005 (they gave 8 points).

• Croatia gave to Spain a total of 28 points, but Spain gave back only 8 points (6 in 2004 and 2 in 2003).

• Croatians seem not-so-keen with the Norwegian and Swedish songs. Even through Norway and Sweden gave Croatia a total of 25 points each, Norway got back only 4 and Sweden only 2 points…

• In a smaller scale, the Netherlands gave Croatia a total of 26 points, but Croatia gave back only 7 (6 in 2006 and 1 in 2004).

• Generally, we see that Croatia has strong “voting relationships” with the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Croatia received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Croatia has fed up receiving 8 points. They have received so far 15 sets of that.

• Croatia has never received so far any set of 5 points.

Dernière édition par kosm1fent le Ven 29 Aoû - 7:12, édité 1 fois
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: CYPRUS   Ven 29 Aoû - 6:19

Some facts about Cyprus:
  • Cyprus made 4 appearances to JESC so far (in 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007). Even through Cyprus didn¢t participate in 2005, they voted as normal.

• Cyprus is the host country of JESC 2008 (and the host city in Lemessos).

• Cyprus is one of the 10 least successful countries in JESC, collecting an average of 35 points per contest.

• Cyprus¢ best position was 8th in 2004 and 2006 (in 2004 “Onira” – Marios Tofis and in 2006 “Agoria-Koritsia” – Louis Panagiotou & Christina Christofi). The 2004 entry received from each country an average of 3.38 points and the 2006 entry an average of 3.06 points.

• Cyprus¢ worst position was 14th in 2003 and 2007 (in 2003 “Efhi” – Theodora Rafti and in 2007 “I mousiki dini ftera” – Yiorgos Ioannidis). Both entries received from each country an average of 1 point.

• Cyprus is a somewhat unlucky country. In each JESC, they failed to perform below the No. 9 of 2004. Apart from 2004, they failed to perform below the No. 4.

• The Cypriot broadcaster is CyBC (Ñáäéïöùíéêü ºäñõìá Êýðñïõ / Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Cyprus:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Cyprus:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Cyprus:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Cyprus:

• Cyprus hasn¢t received a single point from Poland, France and Serbia & Montenegro.

• Cyprus received its first set of (12) points from Greece (in 2003).

• Cyprus received every year 12 points from Greece. On the other hand, Cyprus gave every year 12 points to Greece (apart from 2007, then they gave 2).

• Even though Cyprus gave a total of 17 points to Denmark, Denmark gave back only 1 (in 2004).

• In a smaller scale, Cyprus gave a total of 11 points to Belgium, but Belgium gave back only 1 (in 2004).

• Even though Malta gave a total of 11 points to Cyprus, Cyprus gave back only 4 (3 in 2003 and 1 in 2007).

• Generally, we see that Cyprus has strong “voting relationships” with Greece, Spain and Belarus.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Cyprus received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Cyprus has fed up receiving 3 points. They have received so far 7 sets of that.

• Cyprus has never received so far any set of 7 or 10 points.

Dernière édition par kosm1fent le Ven 29 Aoû - 7:12, édité 1 fois
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: BELARUS   Ven 29 Aoû - 7:11

Some facts about Belarus:
  • Belarus has participated at every JESC. Notably, Belarus entered JESC before entering the Senior Eurovision. This is the only country that did this.

• Belarus is the 5th most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 98 points per contest.

• Belarus¢ best position was the 1st in 2005 and 2007 (in 2005 “My Vmeste” – Kseniya Sitnik and in 2007 “Z druz¢yami” – Alexey Zhyhalkovich). The 2005 entry received from each country an average of 8.05 points and the 2007 entry received an average of 7.35 points.

• Belarus¢ worst position was 14th in 2004 (“Spiavaitse sa mnoyu” – Yahor Vauchok). It received from each country an average of 0.5 points.

• Belarus is the only one country that won JESC 2 times; in 2005 with the song “My Vmeste” – Kseniya Sitnik and in 2007 with the song “Z druz¢yami” – Alexey Zhyhalkovich.

• Both are the least favorite JESC winners. The 2007 entry is the least favorite of all, with an average of 7.35 points received from each country.

• Both performed last in the show.

• Belarus managed 3 times to collect points from all countries (in 2003, 2005 and 2006 / 60% of all contests Belarus appeared)

• The Belarusian broadcaster is BTRC (Нацыянальная дзяржаўная тэлерадыёкампанія Рэспублікі Беларусь / National State Teleradiocompany).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Belarus:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Belarus:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Belarus:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Belarus:

• Belarus hasn¢t received a single point from France and Switzerland.

• Belarus received its first set of points (5) from Greece.

• Belarus received its first set of 12 points from Croatia (in 2003).

• Belarus gave every year 12 points to Russia. On the other hand, Russia gave back 12 points, apart from 2007 (then they gave 10 points).

• Belarus received every year 12 points from Portugal. Those points were never returned, because Belarus didn¢t give Portugal a single point.

• Belarus received every year 10 points from Ukraine.

• Even though Sweden gave a total of 31 points to Belarus, Belarus gave back only 14 (10 in 2006 and 4 in 2007).

• Even though Belarus gave a total of 30 points to Spain, Spain gave back only 19 (1 in 2003, 10 in 2005 and 8 in 2006).

• Generally, we see that Belarus has strong “voting relationships” with Russia, Romania and Croatia.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Belarus received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Belarus has fed up receiving 10 points. They have received so far 14 sets of that.

• Belarus has never received so far any set of 2 points.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: LATVIA   Ven 29 Aoû - 7:43

Some facts about Latvia:
  • Latvia made 3 appearances to JESC (in 2003, 2004 and 2005).

• Latvia is one of the 10 least successful countries in JESC, collecting an average of 26 points per contest.

• Latvia¢s best position is 9th in 2003 (“Tu esi vasara” – Djintars Cica). It received from each country an average of 2.31 points.

• Latvia¢s worst position was 17th (last) in 2004 (“Balts vai melns” – Martins Talbergs and C-stones juniors). It received from each country an average of 0.17 points.

• Until 2007, Latvia was the only Baltic country participating.

• 2 of the 3 Latvian entries were sung by bands.

• The Latvian broadcaster is LTV (Latvijas Televīzija / Latvian Television)

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Latvia:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Latvia:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Latvia:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Latvia:

• Latvia hasn¢t received a single point from France, Switzerland, Cyprus and Denmark.

• Latvia received its first set of points (5) from Croatia.

• Latvia is still waiting for its first set of 12 points…

• Latvia has exchanged a lot of points with Belarus.

• Even though Latvia gave a total of 23 points to Spain, Spain gave back only 3 (in 2005).

• The same happens with Romania. Latvia gave a total of 17 points to Romania, but Romania gave back only 2 (1 in 2003 and 2005).

• Again the same thing with Denmark; Latvia gave a total of 16 points to Denmark, but Denmark didn¢t give back a single point.

• Generally, we see that Latvia has strong “voting relationships” with Belarus and the United Kingdom.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Latvia received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Latvia has fed up receiving 3 points. They have received so far 7 sets of that.

• Latvia has never received so far any set of 7, 10 or 12 points.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: The FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN REPUBLIC of MACEDONIA   Ven 29 Aoû - 18:37

Some facts about the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia:
  • The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia has participated at every JESC.

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia is the 13th most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 48 points per contest.

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia¢s best position is the 5th in 2007 (“Ding-ding-dong”- Rosica & Dimitar). It received from each country an average of 5.82 points.

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia¢s worst position is the 15th (last) in 2006 (“Vljublena” – Zana Aliu). It received from each country an average of 0.13 points.

• The Macedonian broadcaster is MKRTV (Македонска Радио Телевизија / Macedonian Radio-Television)

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia:

And the map with the average points that every country received from the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia:

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia hasn¢t received a single point only from Greece.

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia received its first set of points (10) from Croatia.

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia received its first set of 12 points from Bulgaria (in 2007).

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia has exchanged a lot of points with Croatia. Exactly, they gave every year 12 points to Croatia (apart from 2005, they gave then 8 points).

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia gave every year to Serbia and the former Serbia & Montenegro 10 points and over.

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia gave a total of 32 points to Spain, but Spain gave back only 4 (3 in 2004 and 1 in 2005).

• The same happens with Denmark. The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia gave a total of 27 points to Denmark, but Denmark gave back only 5 (in 2004).

• Generally, we see that the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia has strong “voting relationships” with Croatia and Belarus.

Here is the graph which shows how many times the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia has fed up receiving 3 points. They have received so far 9 sets of that.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: POLAND   Lun 1 Sep - 7:08

Some facts about Poland:
  • Poland has appeared to 2 contests (2003 and 2004).

• Poland is the least successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 3 points per contest.

• Poland¢s best (and worst) position was 16th (last) in 2003 and 18th (last) in 2004. The 2003 entry (“Coś Mnie Nosi” – Kasia Zurawik) received from each country an average of 0.19 points. The 2004 entry (“Lap zycie” – KWADro) received an average of 0.17 points. Notably, both entries collected only 3 points each.

• The Polish broadcaster is TVP (Telewizja Polska / Polish Television).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Poland:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Poland:

The list with the countries that gave points to Poland:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Poland:

• Poland received points from only 2 countries (Belarus and France). That¢s logical, considering that Poland is the least successful country in JESC. So it¢s useless to type the countries that haven¢t given Poland a single point…

• Poland received its first set of points (3) from Belarus.

• In 2003, Belarus gave Poland all 3 points.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Poland received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Poland has never received so far any set of 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 or 12 points.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: ROMANIA   Lun 1 Sep - 7:27

Some facts about Romania:
  • Romania has participated to every JESC.

• Romania was the host country of JESC 2006 (and the host city was Bucharest).

• Romania is the 11th most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 69 points per contest.

• Romania¢s best position is the 4th in 2004 (“Iti multumesc” – Noni Ravzdan Ene) (…). It received from each country an average of 6.83 points.

• Romania¢s worst position was the 10th in 2003 and 2007 (in 2003 with the song “Tobele sunt viata mea” – Bubu and in 2007 with the song “Sha-la-la” – 4kids). The 2003 entry received from each country an average of 2.19 points and the 2007 entry received an average of 2.47 points.

• Romania managed 1 time to collect points from all countries (in 2004 / 20% of all contests Romania appeared)

• The Romania¢s broadcaster is TVR (Televiziunea Română / Romanian Television).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Romania:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Romania:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Romania:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Romania:

• Romania hasn¢t received a single point from Armenia and Georgia, two newcomers.

• Romania received its first set of points (4) from Greece.

• Romania received its first set of 12 points from Belarus (in 2004).

• Romania has exchanged a lot of points with Spain. Exactly, Spain gave every year 12 points to Romania (except of 2003, they gave then 6 points). Romania gave back 2 sets of 12 points (2004 & 2005) and 2 sets of 8 points (2003 & 2006).

• Even though Romania gave to Russia a total 19 points, Russia gave back only 6 (3 in 2005, 2 in 2006 and 1 in 2007).

• On the other hand, even though Cyprus gave to Romania a total of 39 points, Romania gave back only 8 (5 in 2004 and 3 in 2006).

• The same with Greece. Even though Greece gave to Romania a total of 31 points, Romania gave back only 18 (5 in 2003, 6 in 2004 & 2005 and 1 in 2006).

• Generally, we see that Romania has strong “voting relationships” with Spain and Belarus.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Romania received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Romania has fed up receiving 2 points. They have received so far 10 sets of that.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: NORWAY   Lun 1 Sep - 17:25

Some facts about Norway:
  • Norway made 3 appearances to JESC (in 2003, 2004 and 2005).

• Norway was the host country of JESC 2004 (and the host city was Lillehammer).

• Norway is the 14th most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 47 points per contest.

• Norway¢s best position is the 3rd in 2005 (“Sommer og skolefri” – Malin). It received from each country an average of 6.53 points.

• Norway¢s worst position is the 13th in 2003 & 2004 (in 2003 with the song “Sinngylt gal forelsket” – 2U and in 2004 with the song “Een stjerne skaj jeg bli” - @lek). The 2003 entry received from each country an average of 1.13 points and the 2004 entry received an average of 0.67 points.

• Norway managed 1 time to collect points from all countries (in 2005 / 33% of all contests Norway appeared).

• The Norwegian broadcaster is NRK (Norsk Rikskringkasting / Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Norway:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Norway:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Norway:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Norway:

• Norway hasn¢t received a single point from France, Switzerland and Poland.

• Norway received its first set of points (1) from Croatia.

• Norway received its first set of 12 points from Denmark (in 2005).

• Norway has exchanged a lot of points with Denmark. Exactly, Norway gave every year 12 points to Denmark; apart from 2003 (they gave then 8 ).

• Even though Norway gave to Croatia a total of 25 points, Croatia gave back only 4 (1 in 2003 and 3 in 2005).

• The same with Belarus. Norway gave to Belarus a total of 20 points, but Belarus gave back only 7 (in 2005).
    • In a smaller scale, that happens with Romania too. Norway gave Romania a total of 14 points, but Romania gav
    e back only 5 (in 2005).

• On the other hand, Sweden gave a total of 21 points to Norway, but Norway gave back only 8. That¢s mainly because of the disappointing runs of the first three Swedish entries (they all finished 15th).

• That happens with Latvia too. Latvia gave to Norway a total of 11 points, but Norway gave back only 4 (3 in 2003 and 1 in 2005).

• The same with Malta. Malta gave to Norway a total of 10 points, but Norway gave back… nothing.

• Generally, we see that Norway has strong “voting relationships” with Denmark and Spain.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Norway received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Norway has fed up receiving 5 points. They have received so far 5 sets of that.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: SPAIN   Jeu 4 Sep - 9:36

Some facts about Spain:
  • Spain has made 4 appearances to JESC so far (2003, 2004, 2005 & 2006).

• Spain is the most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 127 points per contest.

• Spain¢s best position is the 1st in 2004 (“Antes muerta que sencilla” – Maria Isabel). It received from each country an average of 9.5 points.

• Spain¢s worst position is the 4th in 2006 (“Te doy mi voz” – Dani). It received from each country an average of 5.2 points.

• Spain has won JESC 2004 with the song “Antes muerta que sencilla” – Maria Isabel. Notably, Maria Isabel is the most successful JESC winner, because of the average of 9.5 points per country. Additionally, this song had a margin of 31 points from the second song (“The best is yet to come” – Cory Spedding), the largest margin ever.

• Spain managed all 4 times to collect points from all countries (100% of all contest Spain appeared).

• 3 of the 4 Spanish entries were sung by boys. Notably, the only Spanish entry sung by a girl (Maria Isabel), won…

• The Spanish broadcaster is RTVE (Radiotelevisión Española / Spanish Radiotelevision).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Spain:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Spain:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Spain:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Spain:

• Spain is the only one country who received points from every country participated. That¢s logical, considering that Spain is the most successful country in JESC.

• Spain received its first set of points (8 ) from Greece.

• Spain received its first set of 12 points from Latvia (in 2003).

• Spain has exchanged a lot of points with Romania. Exactly, Spain gave every year 12 points to Romania; apart from 2003 (they gave then 6).

• Even though Greece gave a total of 35 points to Spain, Spain gave back only 3 (1 in 2004 and 2 in 2005).

• The same happens with Sweden. Sweden gave a total of 34 points to Spain, but Spain gave back only 7 (3 in 2003 and 4 in 2006).

• The same with Cyprus. Cyprus gave a total of 33 points to Spain, but Spain gave back only 8 (5 in 2004 and 3 in 2006).

• Generally, we see that Spain has strong “voting relationships” with Romania and Belgium.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Spain received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Spain has fed up receiving 12 points (I¢m not sure if they¢re “fed up”, anyway…). They have received so far 14 sets of that.

• Spain has never received so far any set of 2 points.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: BELGIUM   Ven 5 Sep - 17:42

Some facts about Belgium:
  • Belgium has appeared to every JESC.

• Belgium was the host country of JESC 2005 (and the host city was Hasselt).

• Belgium is the 15th most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 47 points per contest.

• Belgium¢s best position was the 6th in 2006 (“De vriendshaftsband” – X!NK). It received from each country an average of 5.19 points.

• Belgium¢s worst position was the 15th in 2007 (“Anders” – Trust). It received from each country an average of 0.41 points.

• Interestingly, 3 of the 5 Belgian entries were sung by bands.

• The Belgian broadcasters are VRT (Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep / Flemish Radio- and Television Network (for the Flemish region)) and RTBF (Radio-Télévision Belge de la Communauté Française (for the Walloon region)).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Belgium:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Belgium:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Belgium:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Belgium:

• Belgium hasn¢t received a single point from Serbia & Montenegro, Armenia, Georgia, Lithuania and Bulgaria (all are countries who participated only once).

• Belgium received its first set of points (3) from Greece.

• Belgium received its first set of 12 points from the Netherlands (in 2003).

• Belgium has exchanged a lot of points with their neighbors, the Netherlands (but no 12 points every year, an “objective” political voting, considering that the two countries share the same cultural values…).

• Even though Belgium gave 19 points to Denmark, Denmark gave back only 7 (in 2003)
  • The same happens with another Scandinavian country, Sweden. Belgium gave a total of 18 points to Sweden, but Sweden gave back only 8.

• Even though Malta gave a total of 14 points to Belgium, Belgium gave back only 5 (1 in 2003 and 4 in 2006).

• Generally, we see that Belgium has strong “voting relationships” with the Netherlands, Spain and Belarus.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Belgium received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Belgium has fed up receiving 4 points. They have received so far 12 sets of that.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: UNITED KINGDOM   Ven 5 Sep - 17:54

Some facts about the United Kingdom:
  • The United Kingdom made 3 appearances to JESC (in 2003, 2004 and 2005).

• The United Kingdom is the 7th most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 91 points per contest.

• The United Kingdom¢s best position was the 2nd in 2004 (“The best is yet to come” – Cory Spedding). It received from each country an average of 7.78 points.

• The United Kingdom¢s worst position was the 14th in 2005 (“How does it feel” – Joni Fuller). It received from each country an average of 0.94 points.

• The United Kingdom managed 2 times to collect points from all counties (in 2003 and 2004 / 66% of the contests)
    Notably, all three British entries were ballads.

• The United Kingdom (alongside with Malta) are the only countries whose entries can be sung in English.

• The British broadcaster is ITV (Independent television).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from the United Kingdom:

And the map with the average points that every country received from the United Kingdom:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to the United Kingdom:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to the United Kingdom:

• The United Kingdom hasn¢t received a single point from Serbia & Montenegro only.

• The United Kingdom received its first set of points (7) from Greece.

• The United Kingdom received its first set of 12 points from Belarus (in 2003).

• Even though the United Kingdom gave a total of 20 points to Croatia, Croatia gave back only 11 (4 in 2003 and 7 in 2004).

• Malta gave a total of 27 points to the United Kingdom, but the United Kingdom gave back only 14 (10 in 2003 and 4 in 2004).

• The same happens with the Netherlands. The Netherlands gave a total of 21 points to the United Kingdom, but the United Kingdom gave back only 9 (2 in 2003 and 7 in 2005).

• Generally, we see that the United Kingdom has strong “voting relationships” with Spain, Denmark and Belarus.

Here is the graph which shows how many times the United Kingdom received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• The United Kingdom has fed up receiving 10 points. They have received so far 11 sets of that.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: DENMARK   Dim 7 Sep - 9:43

Some facts about Denmark:
  • Denmark made 3 appearances to JESC (in 2003, 2004 and 2005).

• Denmark was the host country of the first JESC ever, in 2003 (and the host city was Copenhagen).

• Denmark is the 3rd most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 105 points per contest.

• Denmark¢s best position was the 4th in 2005 (“Shake-shake-shake” – Nicolai). It received from each country an average of 6.41 points.

• Denmark¢s worst position was the 5th in 2003 and in 2004 (in 2003 with the song “Arabiens Drøm” – Anne Gadegaard and in 2004 with the song “Pigen er min” – Cool Kids). The 2003 entry received from each country an average of 5.81 points and the 2004 entry received an average of 6.28 points.

• Denmark managed all 3 times to collect points from all countries (100% of all contests Denmark appeared).

• The Danish broadcaster is DR (Danmarks Radio / Danish Radio).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Denmark:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Denmark:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Denmark:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Denmark:

• Denmark received points from all countries participating until 2005, Denmark¢s last appearance…

• Denmark received its first set of points (6) from Greece.

• Denmark received its first set of 12 points from Spain (in 2003).

• The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia gave a total of 27 points to Denmark, but Denmark gave back only 5 (in 2004).

• The same happens with Greece. Greece gave a total of 20 points to Denmark, but Denmark gave back only 8 (1 in 2003 and 7 in 2005).

• Generally, we see that Denmark has strong “voting relationships” with Norway and Spain.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Denmark received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Denmark has fed up receiving 7 points. They have received so far 11 sets of that.

Dernière édition par kosm1fent le Dim 7 Sep - 17:37, édité 1 fois
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...   Dim 7 Sep - 9:51

And I think Denmark is one of the creator of the JESC. Look, the JESC logo is a copy of the MGP logo. And the CMC which make the JESC CD & DVD are in Denmark.

MessageSujet: Re: JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...   Dim 7 Sep - 9:57

Rakugaki a écrit:
And I think Denmark is one of the creator of the JESC. Look, the JESC logo is a copy of the MGP logo. And the CMC which make the JESC CD & DVD are in Denmark.
Yeah, but i don't think the JESC logo is a copy...
Rakugaki
Admin

Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 16/02/2008

MessageSujet: Re: JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...   Dim 7 Sep - 10:03

Well...

MGP logo

JESC logo

MessageSujet: Re: JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...   Dim 7 Sep - 10:05

Uh, uhm, they have different colors! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, gosh, didn't know that the MGP 2002 logo was the "singing girl"! Thanks! Very Happy
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: SWEDEN   Lun 8 Sep - 18:39

Some facts about Sweden:
  • Sweden has participated at every JESC (sadly, Sweden has declared its resignation from the 2008 contest).

• Sweden is the 17th most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 41 points per contest.

• Sweden¢s best position was the 3rd in 2006 (“Det finaste någon kan få” – Molly Sandèn). It received from each country an average of 6.93 points.

• Sweden¢s worst position was the 15th in 2003, 2004 and 2005 (in 2003 with “Stoppa mig!” – The Honeypies, in 2004 with “Varför jag?” – Limelights and in 2005 with “Gränlös Kärlek” – M+). The 2003 entry received from each country an average of 0.75 points, the 2004 entry received an average of 0.83 points and the 2005 entry received an average of 0.59 points.

• All Swedish entries were sung by girls of girl bands.

• Sweden managed 1 time to collect points from all counties (in 2006 / 20% of all the contests Sweden participated).

• The Swedish broadcaster (until 2005) was SVT (Sveriges Television och Radio Grupp / Swedish Television) and till now is TV4. Notably, when the Swedish state television pulled out, Sweden immediately went well. (No insult to any state television channels…).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Sweden:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Sweden:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Sweden:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Sweden:

• Sweden hasn¢t received a single point from Armenia, Serbia & Montenegro, Latvia, Poland, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and France.

• Sweden received its first set of points (1) from Cyprus.

• Sweden received its first (and only) set of points from the Netherlands (in 2006).

• Sweden always gave to Denmark a set of 10 points and more.

• Sweden gave a total of 34 points to Spain, but Spain gave back only 7 (3 in 2003 and 4 in 2006).

• Sweden gave a total of 25 points to Croatia, but Croatia gave back only 2 (in 2006).

• Sweden gave a total of 21 points to Norway, but Norway gave back only 8 (2 in 2003 & 2005 and 4 in 2004).

• On the other hand, Belgium gave a total of 18 points to Sweden, but Sweden gave back only 8 (5 in 2003, 2 in 2004 and 1 in 2006).

• Generally, we see that Sweden has strong “voting relationships” with Denmark and Belarus.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Sweden received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Sweden has fed up receiving 2 and 8 points. They have received so far 6 sets of those.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: MALTA   Lun 8 Sep - 18:46

Some facts about Malta:
  • Malta has appeared to every JESC.

• Malta is one of the 10 least successful countries in JESC, collecting an average of 27 points per contest.

• Malta¢s best position was the 7th in 2003 (“Like a star” – Sarah Harrisson). It received from each country an average of 3.5 points.

• Malta¢s worst position was the 16th (last) in 2005 (“Make it right!” – Thea & Friends). It received from each country an average of 0.36 points.

• All Maltese entries were sung by girls of girl bands.

• Malta is the only English-speaking country still participating.

• The Maltese broadcaster is MT (Maltese Television).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Malta:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Malta:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to Malta:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Malta:

• Malta hasn¢t received a single point from Norway, Russia, France, Switzerland, Serbia & Montenegro, Armenia and Georgia.

• Mata received its first set of points (2) from Greece.

• Malta is still waiting for its first set of 12 points.

• Since 2005, Malta has given every year 12 points to Belarus.

• Malta has always given 1 point to Ukraine.

• Malta gave a total of 42 points to Belarus, but Belarus gave back only 9 (4 in 2003, 2 in 2006 and 3 in 2007).

• The same happens with Spain. Malta gave a total of 24 points to Spain, but Spain gave back only 8 (7 in 2003 and 1 in 2006).

• Generally, we see that Malta has strong “voting relationships” with the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Malta received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• Malta has fed up receiving 1 point. They have received so far 11 sets of that.

• Malta has never received so far any set of 6, 8 or 12 points.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: THE NETHERLANDS   Lun 8 Sep - 18:56

Some facts about the Netherlands:
  • The Netherlands have participated at every JESC.

• The Netherlands were the host country of last year¢s edition, JESC 2007 (and the host city was Rotterdam).

• The Netherlands is one of the 10 least successful countries in JESC, collecting an average of 36 points per contest.

• The Netherlands¢ best position was the 7th in 2005 (“Stupid” – Tess). It received from each country an average of 4.12 points.

• The Netherlands¢ worst position was the 12th in 2006 (“Goed” – Kimberly). It received from each country an average of 2.13 points.

• The Netherlands was the first country ever voted at JESC (1 point from Greece).

• Since 2004, all Dutch entries were sung by girls or girl bands.

• The Dutch broadcaster is NPO (Nederlandse Publieke Omroep / Netherlands Public Broadcasting).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from the Netherlands:

And the map with the average points that every country received from the Netherlands:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to the Netherlands:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to the Netherlands:

• The Netherlands haven¢t received a single point from Lithuania, Serbia & Montenegro, Poland, Switzerland and Portugal.

• The Netherlands received their first set of points (1) from Greece.

• The Netherlands received their first set of 12 points from Belgium (in 2003).

• The Netherlands have exchanged a lot of points with Belgium.

• The Netherlands gave a total of 26 points to Croatia, but Croatia gave back only 7 (1 in 2003 and 6 in 2006).

• The same happens with the United Kingdom. The Netherlands gave a total of 21 points to the United Kingdom, but the United Kingdom gave back only 9 (2 in 2003 and 7 in 2005).

• On the other hand, Malta gave a total of 21 points to the Netherlands, but the Netherlands gave back only 11.

• Generally, we see that the Netherlands have strong “voting relationships” with Belgium, Spain and Sweden.

Here is the graph which shows how many times the Netherlands received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• The Netherlands have fed up receiving 1 & 2 points. They have received so far 8 sets of those.
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: SWITZERLAND   Lun 8 Sep - 19:01

Some facts about Switzerland:
  • Switzerland has appeared only at the 2004 edition of JESC.

• Switzerland in the second least successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 4 points per contest.

• Switzerland¢s best (and worst) position was the 16th in 2004 (certainly…Wink) (“Birichino” – Demis Mirarchi). It received from each country an average of 0.22 points.

• The Suiss broadcaster is the Italian part of SSR (SRG SSR idée Suisse / Swiss Broadcasting Corpotation).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from Switzerland:

And the map with the average points that every country received from Switzerland:

The list with the countries that gave points to Switzerland:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to Switzerland:

• Switzerland was only voted from Malta (4 points).

• Notably, the same countries which received the 8 (Croatia), 10 (Romania) and 12 (Spain) points of Switzerland, received the 8, 10 and 12 points of France.

Here is the graph which shows how many times Switzerland received 1, 2…10, 12 points:
kosm1fent

MessageSujet: FRANCE   Lun 8 Sep - 19:12

Some facts about France:
  • France has appeared only at the 2004 edition of JESC.

• France is apparently the 9th most successful country in JESC, collecting an average of 78 points per contest.

• France¢s best (and worst) position was the 6th in 2004 (“Si on voulait bien” – Thomas). It received from each country an average of 4.33 points.

• France, despite its one and only appearance, managed to collect points from all countries participated (100% of all contests France appeared).

• The French broadcaster is GRF (Groupement des Radiodiffuseurs Français de l¢UER / French Television).

The Top5 list with the countries that received the most points from France:

And the map with the average points that every country received from France:

The Top5 list with the countries that gave the most points to France:

And the map with the average points that every country gave to France:

• France was voted from all countries participating at JESC 2004 (18 countries).

• France received its first set of points (6) from Greece.

• Notably, the same countries which received the 8 (Croatia), 10 (Romania) and 12 (Spain) points of France, received the 8, 10 and 12 points of Switzerland.

Here is the graph which shows how many times France received 1, 2…10, 12 points:

• France has fed up receiving 4 and 6 points. They have received so far 4 sets of those.

• France has never received so far any set of 10 or 12 points.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...   Aujourd'hui à 0:48

JESC voting; weird you think?! Here are some facts about JESC voting...
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant